Thread: Seth Jones for the win?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Seth Jones for the win?

I'm looking at my squad for improvements and there's really no upgrades to be found anywhere at forward or in net.
    Meanwhile I have some underperforming D, Mattias Ekholm and to a lesser extent, Colton Parayko.
    I just noticed nobody's scooped up Seth Jones since his return a while back.
    I only have TWO MOVES left on the year, no bench, no IR. ?? In a tight race for 1st place, currently tied for 2nd, 8 pts back.
    You guys think it'd be worth it to drop Ekholm for Jones?
    I've seen some saying, Laidlaw in a recent ramblings for example, that they didn't necessarily love Jones fantasy situation, he's not on the first pp, getting limited minutes there, behind Werenski, who I also have. But he's putting up major points right now, 12pts in his last 12 games. Meanwhile, Ekholm is buried and has 2pts in his last 15.
    With about 75% of the season done, part of me feels like the gamble is worth it, I'd still have 1 move left for injury.
    Am I better to take the risk, or stand pat and hold on to my moves for security?
    Thoughts?
    Thanks.
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Seth Jones for the win?

At this point I don't mind making the move. As you said, one move for the push, and one for the injury. Ekholm is most relevant when he's not playing the defensive half of the Subban pairing.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point I don't mind making the move. As you said, one move for the push, and one for the injury. Ekholm is most relevant when he's not playing the defensive half of the Subban pairing.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I'd expect Ekholm to be largely useless in a points only format, so I like the move.

Maybe some would say save this for injury, but I like to play to win. You can't predict injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd expect Ekholm to be largely useless in a points only format, so I like the move.

Maybe some would say save this for injury, but I like to play to win. You can't predict injuries.

Dobber Sports Initiate

OK - that was all I needed. Thanks guys! als_revenge - I've appreciated your input for a long time and man, Eskimo, every question I've posted this year, you've been the first to answer, pretty much every single time, and your advice is always sound. Thanks again
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

The Great One

2 points for Seth Jones so far tonight; hope you picked him up in time

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nope. Missed the first puck drop of the day so it applies for tomorrow. Thankfully, Ekholm scored this evening, which I still get!
    Annnnnnnnnnd of course. Hoffman goes down. Hope that doesn't mean I have to go and burn my last trade tomorrow. Son of a..... F*ckballs.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Missed the first puck drop of the day so it applies for tomorrow. Thankfully, Ekholm scored this evening, which I still get!
    Annnnnnnnnnd of course. Hoffman goes down. Hope that doesn't mean I have to go and burn my last trade tomorrow. Son of a..... F*ckballs.