Thread: The sum of all parts (Trade evaluations)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default The sum of all parts (Trade evaluations)

Recently overtook a rebuilding team for the first time (Team 2 in signature) as a new challenge. The team was a mess, in 2nd last place with essentially no picks in the next 2 years (I may have had a 4th/5th in both years, but that was about it). The trade deadline has passed, so now I'm bored since I have nothing to look forward to until the draft. Humor a fellow regular and give me your thoughts on my month's work. Instead of doing this on a trade by trade basis, I figure a "sum of all parts" approach is more fitting. Some deals I had to overpay to get done, but it was more about the final product.

Out: Dubnyk, O'Reilly, Klingberg, Galchenyuk, Coyle, Tkachuk, Silfverberg, Palat, Bozak, Perlini, Pulock, Bernier, Williams, 2018 4th rounder

In: Scheifele, Hall, Forsberg, Johansen, Bishop, Larkin, Pujuljarvi, Vrana, Johns, lotto picks (x2), 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder, 4th rounder (All 2017 picks).

Obviously a few very good pieces had to be shipped out, but you have to give to get.

I seen Dubnyk, Coyle, Silverberg all as sell highs and Bishop, Larkin and Pujuljarvi as buy lows.

Overall, I'm happy with my end result. I don't think I gave up anyone that I would consider to be a superstar/have superstar potential (Argument there for Kling and Galchenyuk, but I like the pieces I received back more than them). I do think that Scheifele/Hall/Forsberg all have superstar or star potential. Toss in the 2 high 1sts and I should get a couple of more substantial assets.

I took a gamble on goaltending. Skill wise I think Bishop and Dubnyk are comparable (I think Bishop is a bit more skilled), but the situation right now obviously favors Doobie and likely will for a while. That being said, I think Dubnyk is over-performing while Bishop is underperforming right now. Depending where Bishop lands I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect similar numbers out of these two next year.

I also felt it important to cash in on O'Reilly. I value him as a 60 point forward with exception FOW numbers (Definitely a top 40 player). However, he still has LW eligibility which I just cannot see continuing (He hasn't played LW in years). I don't like making moves based on position eligibility, but his value to a contending team this year was just too high for me to pass up. Given his lack of multicat numbers, if he loses that LW eligibility next year I think his value will also take a pretty big hit, so cashed in now.

Thoughts? Will rep where I can! Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: The sum of all parts (Trade evaluations)

Overall I like it. When the top line in Nashville comes together, watch out. Halls a nice piece too if he can play most games next year and the picks speak for themselves. Dubnyk is probably the toughest piece to let go. Also love Schief and Pulj as well. Nice work this year.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Default Re: The sum of all parts (Trade evaluations)

Would be easier to look at this trade by trade, or teams before taking over and team right now. there are just too many parts.

Also, how many teams in this league. I'm not sure why that team needs a "rebuild" unless it's an incredibly shallow league...

- - - Updated - - -

Would be easier to look at this trade by trade, or teams before taking over and team right now. there are just too many parts.

Also, how many teams in this league. I'm not sure why that team needs a "rebuild" unless it's an incredibly shallow league...