Thread: Spezza for Hubs, Matthews.. OR Gio for Keith, Yandle..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Spezza for Hubs, Matthews.. OR Gio for Keith, Yandle..

Hey guys, another complicated one. Hope you can help me figure it out. Appreciate hearing your thoughts. I'm in a season long non-draft $$$ pool (G-1, A-1) so many teams can have the same players. Plus there are weekly Head to Head contests within the pool. (for more $$)

Currently 3rd in year long pool and in the $$$ but team in 4th (no $$) right on my heels. And, I have to win next week's (Sun-Sat) H2H to make it into the playoffs. I have just ONE MOVE left for the year.

The dilemma...I can drop Spezza and add Hubs, Matthews or Laine. OR drop Gio and add Keith or Yandle.

Spezza is a fairly easy drop...not a great year so far (although last year he turned it on in last 1/4 however year b4 he stunk in last 1/4 so who knows ROS. He has only 1 game in next week's H2H which really hurts and 22 games left ROS. I can drop him and add Hubs..3 games in HTH and 25 ROS/ Matthews..4 games in HTH and 25 ROS/ or Laine..2 games in HTH, then 6 days off and 21 games left ROS (not great for season long pool). I like Laine but prefer Matthews or Hubs here short and long term. Hubs would be the go big or go home pick as nobody in pool has him on their roster. Matthews I look at as probably more steady and he is not on the roster (yet) of any team chasing me for 3rd.

...OR I can drop Giordano and add Keith or Yandle. Shattenkirk would be nice long term but just 1 game in H2H week doesn't help with that at all. Gio does have 3 games this week in H2H, all on road, 23 games left ROS. But he's having a terrible year. Keith has 3 games in H2H and 24 left ROS. The 2 teams above me in pool standings and the 3 below all have Keith on their rosters so picking him up for ROS would neuter his production which is good. And he wouldn't be a factor in H2H which is also good. Yandle and the Panthers appear to be picking it up. He would give me 3 games in H2H and 25 ROS.

Soooo, given the circumstances, who would you drop..Spezza OR Gio. And depending on who you would drop, who would you pick up.

Sorry, for long post. I'm undecided what to do at this point and would be grateful for any input. Thanks guys. Will rep when I can.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Spezza for Hubs, Matthews.. OR Gio for Keith, Yandle..

OK, I've decided to drop Spezza but don't know whether to add Huberdeau or Matthews...Started another thread on this. If you have time, please reply there. Thanks for looking.