Thread: Help, replace Marner with Guenzel,Aho, Tkachuk,Rantanen...............

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Help, replace Marner with Guenzel,Aho, Tkachuk,Rantanen...............

Hi guys, would appreciate your help AGAIN. Quite complicated.

In a season long non-draft pool (pts G1,A1) with weekly Head To Head contests within the Pool.

I have to win next week's HTH (Sun-Sat) to advance to the playoffs plus keep in mind my season long pool (I'm in 3rd $$ right now but the guy in 4th no $$$) is right on my tail.

With Marner out at least 2 games including Monday of my HTH I want to drop him and add another rookie. Our pool rookie rule is if a rook on my roster is hurt I can replace him with any other rookie from any team in the NHL (except Laine or Matthews). The hurt player then has to be OFF roster at least 7 days. I can put him back on my roster anytime after the 7 days once he's playing again.

Who do you think I should replace Marner with, keeping in mind that (for my season long pool) whoever I replace him with (unless he too gets hurt) has to stay on my roster ROS as long as Marner is out should it be long term.

The # before the player's name indicates games remaining ROS after tonite. The # immediately after player name is points in last 5 games. And the bolded # is games to be played next week. Excuse the spelling.

25..Guenzel..2/5..3
    23..Tkachuk..5/5..3 all on road
    26..Dvorak....6/5..3
    25..Skjei......5/5..4
    25..Vesey.....2/5..4
    25..Bucnvich 1/5.4
    28..Aho.......2/5..3 I don't mind him as the team in 4th has him so I would neuter his pool production
    26..Rantanen..2/5..4
    25..Zaitsev.....3/5..4
    24..Hartman...3/5..3
    25..Werenski..2/5..2 would be OK if Marner out long term but just 2 games in my important HTH week

Also looked at 24..Mantha..3/5 2 but then 7 days off (not good for pool). And 23..Labanc..4/5..2 then just 2 games the following week. Hopefully Marner not out too long.

Really appreciate hearing your thoughts here. Which rook would you take?

Will REP when I can. Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Help, replace Marner with Guenzel,Aho, Tkachuk,Rantanen...............

Forgot to say, have to have my trade in by 8pm CST today (Sat). So would really appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Help, replace Marner with Guenzel,Aho, Tkachuk,Rantanen...............

Dvorak is hot, but the Coyotes aren't terrific.

Matthew Tkachuk has been consistent all year long, and I like his tenacity and energy. I'd probably take him.

- - - Updated - - -

Dvorak is hot, but the Coyotes aren't terrific.

Matthew Tkachuk has been consistent all year long, and I like his tenacity and energy. I'd probably take him.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

Sorry, I hit "Post reply" before talking about Aho. Grabbing him to hold off the fourth place guy makes sense, and he has a lot of games left. I just don't understand how you can get him if the fourth play team has him...?

F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Sorry, I hit "Post reply" before talking about Aho. Grabbing him to hold off the fourth place guy makes sense, and he has a lot of games left. I just don't understand how you can get him if the fourth play team has him...?
    Thank you very much for replying Bottlenecker. Ours is a non draft pool so lots of franchises could have the same player on their team. In one case, this year, my team and another team have only 8 different players and 17 of the same players on our rosters. Regarding rookies, each franchise has 2 on their 25 man roster. This year we were not allowed to put Laine or Matthews on our team. Any other rookie would do. We have to submit our rosters b4 the season starts. This year I was lucky enough to guess right on Marner and Nylander. The guy in 4th put Aho on his roster. With our "rookie injury rule", if one on our roster gets hurt we can replace him with any other rookie (except AM and PL) from any other NHL team, until our hurt guy comes back after 7 days.
    I'm not sure, are you suggesting Aho is the best bet here? Or Tkachuk?
    Thanks again for taking the time. Sorry, tried to rep but can't.

Dobber Sports Master

I'd take Aho. I thought you put him in your original post as a way of showing what your opponent had and what you were up against. He has more games, is playing well lately, and will nullify your opponent's gains if Aho does do very well while Marner is out.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Bottlenecked. That's what I thought. Aho is the more conservative more but he's who I was thinking also. Tkachuk nice but don't like the 3 road games. Plus, Aho gets the Leafs tomorrow after Leaf play tonight.

May as well ask, in case you come back here. ROS, points only G-1 A-1, who would you prefer..Matthews or Huberdeau? Both have 25 games left after tonight. I'm dropping Spezza.
    Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Bottlenecked. That's what I thought. Aho is the more conservative more but he's who I was thinking also. Tkachuk nice but don't like the 3 road games. Plus, Aho gets the Leafs tomorrow after Leaf play tonight.

May as well ask, in case you come back here. ROS, points only G-1 A-1, who would you prefer..Matthews or Huberdeau? Both have 25 games left after tonight. I'm dropping Spezza.
    Thanks again.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Mikko Rantanen, he's coming online...this kid will be good.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov