Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: GAUDREAU is killing me. Really thinking of dropping him.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: GAUDREAU is killing me. Really thinking of dropping him.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkidd View Post
    I didn't drop GAUDREAU. He has 4 games this week so I started him for this week. Let's see how he plays rest of week.
    He almost made himself worth starting after one night.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Johnny hockey is not in any way comparable to kunetsov. Anyone comparing the 2 is a fool. Gudreau aka Johnny hockey is 5'6" in heels at best. The difference this year is teams know how to play him and he can't do a thing about it because he's too small to do anything about it. He was smart. Ripped the flames off millions for years. Find a sucker asap. Theres got to be something you can get for him before everyone figures out he was overachieving in a big way. lol Johnny hockey my ass. Trade marked that shit like he was the great one or something. Arrogant Dumb kid painted a target on his back in the league. No one likes that kind of arrogance and now you see the results.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Johnny hockey is not in any way comparable to kunetsov. Anyone comparing the 2 is a fool. Gudreau aka Johnny hockey is 5'6" in heels at best. The difference this year is teams know how to play him and he can't do a thing about it because he's too small to do anything about it. He was smart. Ripped the flames off millions for years. Find a sucker asap. Theres got to be something you can get for him before everyone figures out he was overachieving in a big way. lol Johnny hockey my ass. Trade marked that shit like he was the great one or something. Arrogant Dumb kid painted a target on his back in the league. No one likes that kind of arrogance and now you see the results.
    Tell us how you really feel?

I could list the number of extremely talented players that were 'too small' to play in the NHL only to have ridiculous point totals by the end of their career. But what's the point. I dont think it changes your mind and I don't really care to change it. I love playing with gm's that react like this.

I think the numbers and advanced stats speak for themselves with Gaudrau. Calgary had a terrible start and then he had finger surgery this year (which he's probably still having issues with although you wouldn't know it the last 2 games).

I'm a huge oiler fan but I maintain that if you drop him you will regret it.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Wow, so many things wrong here.
    Firstly, Gaudreau has 182 pts in 211 games spanning 3 NHL seasons, including this one. He also had his finger broken early in the season.
    Secondly, the list of small/undersized players who have succeeded in the NHL is not lacking. I won't even try to list any if that is what you really believe though. He may be more prone to injury but it is a well established fact that smaller guys can still play amazing hockey.
    Thirdly, I don't think anyone sees him as arrogant. He is typically the upmost professional during media spots and it could be seen from the 2016 all star weekend that he has a good sense of humour and a good rapport with other players. He trademarked the name because the current North American media was going crazy over Johnny Manziel (Johnny Football) and his agent advised him to trademark Johnny Hockey. I think it was a very smart idea from a business standpoint; once these players' bodies start to go their careers and livelihoods come to and end. Trying to market yourself is exactly what they should be doing, to gain different income sources.

Fourth and final point. He has a ridiculous amount of raw talent and his NHL player card & underlying numbers both back it up. Drop him at your own peril, especially in a 12 man league!

Dobber Sports Ace

Ok it seems GAUDREAU is putting up assists, which is fine by me. Playing better last week or so. So if he can keep it up for me going in to playoffs will help. With GALCHENYUK and Giroux not putting up any fantasy points for me I need Johnny to put up decent fantasy points. Maybe I will start Giroux killing me thread. See if that Gets G going.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by pmkidd View Post
    Ok it seems GAUDREAU is putting up assists, which is fine by me. Playing better last week or so. So if he can keep it up for me going in to playoffs will help. With GALCHENYUK and Giroux not putting up any fantasy points for me I need Johnny to put up decent fantasy points. Maybe I will start Giroux killing me thread. See if that Gets G going.
    Now this makes sense. It's rare that 1 player can kill your fantasy team. Having 3 upper end players not performing isn't fun.

You'll get the same answer from me for giroux. You married him at the draft, now is not the time to jump ship. Philly also has a great schedule in the final few weeks. Stay the course with these players. You could look to move Giroux in the off season if he heats up but don't sell low.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Now this makes sense. It's rare that 1 player can kill your fantasy team. Having 3 upper end players not performing isn't fun.

You'll get the same answer from me for giroux. You married him at the draft, now is not the time to jump ship. Philly also has a great schedule in the final few weeks. Stay the course with these players. You could look to move Giroux in the off season if he heats up but don't sell low.
    I second that as well

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post

Difference for me is that Giroux is 1 of my 6 keepers. And yes can't trade him now at the low point.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)