Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GAUDREAU is killing me. Really thinking of dropping him.

Banned

Default Re: GAUDREAU is killing me. Really thinking of dropping him.

Quote Originally Posted by macker27 View Post
    He's 24...not even close to the prime of his career. Calgary isn't having a good season, he'll be fine moving forward.
    i think he'll be fine but that is very close to the prime of his career and forwards peak around that age these days

Dobber Sports Sage

I get he can't be a keeper. I still don't drop him for Steen or Dubinsky. I ride it out in case he gets hot and Calgary makes a push.

I guarantee if you drop him he will be picked up immediately. That should say alot. Murphy's law says he will have a 3 point game right after you let him go. He has game breaking ability, hold tight!
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He has 3 points tonight in 2 periods, he can play, don't consider dropping a potential ppg player.

- - - Updated - - -

He has 3 points tonight in 2 periods, he can play, don't consider dropping a potential ppg player.
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - McDavid, Crosby, Kyrou
    RW - Kuch, P. Kane, Batherson, Wilson
    LW - Fiala, Hagel, Verhaeghe
    D - Dahlin, Hedman, Morrissey, Theodore, Dunn
    G - Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Binnington
    IR - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Sage

Make that 4 points. Still want to drop him? Every other gm in your league will be happy to pick him up.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Make that 4 points. Still want to drop him? Every other gm in your league will be happy to pick him up.
    True. We all should make fantasy hockey decisions based on one game. Ignore the fact he went pointless in the previous four games and has just 14 points in his last 23 games (a 50-point pace, which includes the four-point game that actually drives the number up).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    True. We all should make fantasy hockey decisions based on one game. Ignore the fact he went pointless in the previous four games and has just 14 points in his last 23 games (a 50-point pace, which includes the four-point game that actually drives the number up).
    Dyou end up dropping him?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Just nice to see Gaudreau and Monahan have a good game. Might help Gaudreau get some of his confidence back.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Four assists. Is this the start?
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Sage

My point is stated previously, being that he has game breaking talent and he showed it last night. He is more than capable of going ppg the rest of the way.

I would never make a decision based on one game just like I would never make a decision based on your sample size of 23 games, it's just not enough for a player or this caliber.

In sticking with this thread let's look at their 82 game point pace (a bigger sample size) from this season alone (we won't even talk about past performance, age, ppg, and team situation, which all heavily favor one of the 3):

Steen is on pace for 59 (I don't think he gets there)
    Dubinsky is on pace for 43 (about right)
    Gaudrau is on pace for 64

I don't think anyone here will argue gaudrau's upside vs streen and Dubinsky.

I'm trying to help the OP make a bIg decision on dropping a guy that he probably drafted in the 1st or 2nd round and is only 24. I get that people are frustrated with his slump this year but in this case the answer is not found in free agency and the numbers back it up.

I see Gaudrau isn't on your team? Perhaps you let him go just before yesterday and are now trying to justify the drop? Or perhaps you never owned him this season and are hoping someone in your league buys into dropping him so you can pick him up? Maybe you can clarify?

But maybe I'm wrong, so go ahead and put your money where your mouth is and drop him. I wish I played in your league. See how fast another gm picks him up.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Magnificent One

For what it's worth, since 2000-01 just under 50 players - like Gaudreau - scored 78+ points at least once before age 25, and from what I can see only one of them (Jeff Carter) failed to again record either 70+ points or a 70+ point scoring pace in any other season. And the vast majority had one or more 80+ point seasons thereafter. In other words, by hitting 78 points at his young age, Gaudreau showed enough to continue to be a good bet for further success.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Dyou end up dropping him?
    Sadly, no. I am still wrestling with that decision. But I have benched him many times. On Saturday, for example, I went with Panarin, Huberdeau and Pacioretty and left Gaudreau on my bench. That decision paid off, but at the start of the season I would never had bet on Gaudreau being the one benched.

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    My point is stated previously, being that he has game breaking talent and he showed it last night. He is more than capable of going ppg the rest of the way.

(cut for brevity)

I see Gaudrau isn't on your team? Perhaps you let him go just before yesterday and are now trying to justify the drop? Or perhaps you never owned him this season and are hoping someone in your league buys into dropping him so you can pick him up? Maybe you can clarify?

But maybe I'm wrong, so go ahead and put your money where your mouth is and drop him. I wish I played in your league. See how fast another gm picks him up.
    Gaudreau isn't on my keeper team, which is listed in my sig. I wouldn't drop him in a keeper league unless forced to do so. If the OP could keep Gaudreau next year, I'd be recommending holding on.

But the OP can't keep him. No one in his league can. And no one is willing to trade for Gaudreau. So the OP is stuck.

Also, if you compare him to Steen and Dubinsky, you can't just look at points. The OP's league counts hits, blocked shots, shorthanded points, plus-minus. Steen and Dubinsky come out far ahead in those categories. The OP needs to decide whether keeping Gaudreau's potential 59 points is worth losing so badly in the other categories.

And as long as we're hurling digs at one another at the end of posts, I also wish you played in my league if you're going to keep underperforming players in your lineup for almost 60 games of the season.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Sage

Sadly, no. I am still wrestling with that decision. But I have benched him many times. On Saturday, for example, I went with Panarin, Huberdeau and Pacioretty and left Gaudreau on my bench. That decision paid off, but at the start of the season I would never had bet on Gaudreau being the one benched.

Gaudreau isn't on my keeper team, which is listed in my sig. I wouldn't drop him in a keeper league unless forced to do so. If the OP could keep Gaudreau next year, I'd be recommending holding on.

But the OP can't keep him. No one in his league can. And no one is willing to trade for Gaudreau. So the OP is stuck.

Also, if you compare him to Steen and Dubinsky, you can't just look at points. The OP's league counts hits, blocked shots, shorthanded points, plus-minus. Steen and Dubinsky come out far ahead in those categories. The OP needs to decide whether keeping Gaudreau's potential 59 points is worth losing so badly in the other categories.

And as long as we're hurling digs at one another at the end of posts, I also wish you played in my league if you're going to keep underperforming players in your lineup for almost 60 games of the season.
    If you have a spot open up please let me know.

Im very aware the OP or anyone else can't keep him. I'm speaking strictly to Ros. Peripherals and all, between Gaudrau, Steen, and Dubinsky, Gaudrau wins rest of season so long as everyones healthy. And Gaudraus potential upside makes it not close to me (not that it will automatically be not even close but it has higher odds than the other 2).

EDIT: The peripherals in the OP's league are a factor yes, but the league is still heavily favored towards points. Gaudreau's potential for ppg for ros wins this hands down. I'd rather go down swinging with Gaudrau than praying Dubinsky blocks enough shots to stay relevant.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

In the exact same boat as the original post. I've had Huberdeau taking up my IR spot since he last went down and getting forced to take him off right away since he's been back for x amount of games. I'm in 1st and have such a deep teem that I'm struggling to decide who to drop. I think its obvious I have to keep Gaudreau. Domi will probably get the boot, but its always tough giving up quality players to the waiver wire especially when the rest of the league see's the position you're in.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

In the exact same boat as the original post. I've had Huberdeau taking up my IR spot since he last went down and getting forced to take him off right away since he's been back for x amount of games. I'm in 1st and have such a deep teem that I'm struggling to decide who to drop. I think its obvious I have to keep Gaudreau. Domi will probably get the boot, but its always tough giving up quality players to the waiver wire especially when the rest of the league see's the position you're in.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Ace

I didn't drop GAUDREAU. He has 4 games this week so I started him for this week. Let's see how he plays rest of week.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)