Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How well are your fantasy hockey teams doing this year?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default How well are your fantasy hockey teams doing this year?

$250 1 year all pts league: 6th/16 (TOP 5 GET PAID)
    $50 1 year all pts league: 4th/25, 5th/25 (TOP 5 GET PAID) .... put in 2 teams since I put so much time into making my hockey lists lol
    $30 Keeper all pts league: 2nd/14 (TOP 3 GET PAID)
    $10 Newspaper box pool: 19th/363, 45TH/363 (TOP 10 GET PAID) .... BOTH teams been trending upwards so I'm praying I finish tops in that pool!

All my money league teams are clicking, could have made some better picks here and there but all in all i like how i drafted and see how things turn out.

not doing so well in my free leagues. in the dobber roto 1 year league im middle of the pack, in comish' salary cap league im bottom of the barrel.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: How well are your fantasy hockey teams doing this year?

Glad your important ones are doing well! Salary cap leagues can be a completely different beast, but with some shrewd moves you can be competitive as soon as the next year.

I won't go through all of mine, but they range from 1st/20 to 9th/12 (transition year) and everything in between. Biggest thing is I'm hoping I can keep up the parade up the standings in the Dobber Smith league! My 2 box pools are going well. Chasing down money spots.
    Really not too much to complain about.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad your important ones are doing well! Salary cap leagues can be a completely different beast, but with some shrewd moves you can be competitive as soon as the next year.

I won't go through all of mine, but they range from 1st/20 to 9th/12 (transition year) and everything in between. Biggest thing is I'm hoping I can keep up the parade up the standings in the Dobber Smith league! My 2 box pools are going well. Chasing down money spots.
    Really not too much to complain about.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

I'm winning my main league this year. Got a good lead. Not sure if anyone is going to chase with some deals at the deadline. Haven't won this league before. Been trying for 16 years! I'm hoping for an uneventful two weeks in the lead up to the trade deadline. $800 for 1st place.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm winning my main league this year. Got a good lead. Not sure if anyone is going to chase with some deals at the deadline. Haven't won this league before. Been trying for 16 years! I'm hoping for an uneventful two weeks in the lead up to the trade deadline. $800 for 1st place.

Dobber Sports Monster

Team in my sig is struggling big league: 6th of 12 - the Quick injury was devastating because I got burned by a goalie rush in the draft.

Other team - 3/18. Going pretty well. Good keepers and solid draft have me poised to do some damage.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Immortal

2nd in both the leagues Im in.....hoping to end up with a bye

Dobber Sports Master

Currently 6th in 20 team keeper; same keeper I came in 15th last year. Some good trades helped, but Stamkos injury and inconsistent points from defensemen has kept me from getting in the top 5 in my opinion.
    In my small H2H league with my brothers, I'm currently 3rd of 5, but well within sight of the top spot and the year long bragging rights that go with a win in this family pool.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently 6th in 20 team keeper; same keeper I came in 15th last year. Some good trades helped, but Stamkos injury and inconsistent points from defensemen has kept me from getting in the top 5 in my opinion.
    In my small H2H league with my brothers, I'm currently 3rd of 5, but well within sight of the top spot and the year long bragging rights that go with a win in this family pool.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

black and blue --rebuilding on the fly , 9th place of 12th but future looks good --9 of 12 make playoffs so you never know , upsets could go down !

that 70's league -- could be 3rd year in a row that I play bridesmaid to a strong la kings team but my team is still relatively young so I should be in the mix long term

roaring 20's -- first year of this league and I'm 11th out of 12th .A certain gm messed with my draft strategy for landing a goalie to build around so my G situation is a motley mix of dallas tandem , halak , nilsson and mcelhinney (not pretty) .I do however own some pieces that should land me an elite G ; JT,eichel,laine,forsberg etc.and a likely top 2-3 pick .

fishbowl pools of 50/80 participants
    seem to consistently finish in the top 10 in these leagues but for some silly reason the teams that I pick on behalf of a co-worker , family member etc.. always win some loot !

- - - Updated - - -

black and blue --rebuilding on the fly , 9th place of 12th but future looks good --9 of 12 make playoffs so you never know , upsets could go down !

that 70's league -- could be 3rd year in a row that I play bridesmaid to a strong la kings team but my team is still relatively young so I should be in the mix long term

roaring 20's -- first year of this league and I'm 11th out of 12th .A certain gm messed with my draft strategy for landing a goalie to build around so my G situation is a motley mix of dallas tandem , halak , nilsson and mcelhinney (not pretty) .I do however own some pieces that should land me an elite G ; JT,eichel,laine,forsberg etc.and a likely top 2-3 pick .

fishbowl pools of 50/80 participants
    seem to consistently finish in the top 10 in these leagues but for some silly reason the teams that I pick on behalf of a co-worker , family member etc.. always win some loot !

Dobber Sports Pro

First place by two points (no playoffs). Goalies struggling, Gaudreau a bust. No one wants to trade. Trying to limp along using the waiver wire
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For first team in signature, in 1st place by about 150 points. 4th year in the league and have steadily climbed each year. Top 3 get money.
    Second team in signature, in 3rd place by about 30 points, trying to hold on. Top 3 teams get paid.
    Third team, not in signature, 1st place by about 200 points.
    All in all, I think I'm having a good year.

- - - Updated - - -

For first team in signature, in 1st place by about 150 points. 4th year in the league and have steadily climbed each year. Top 3 get money.
    Second team in signature, in 3rd place by about 30 points, trying to hold on. Top 3 teams get paid.
    Third team, not in signature, 1st place by about 200 points.
    All in all, I think I'm having a good year.
    1st teamC: S. Aho, E. Malkin, W. Karllson, B. Nelson
    LW: B. Marchand, A. Ovechkin, J. Zucker, N. Niederreiter, A. Svechnikov,

RW: D. Perron, J. Kyrou, C. Keller, D. Strome, T. Toffoli, C. Perfetti,
    D: j. Carlson, D. Hamilton, R. Andersson, F. Hronek,J. Spurgeon
    G: , C. Hellybuck, J. Ottinger, A. Vasilevskiy

2nd team
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Pavelski, JT Miller, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, B. Jenner(IR)

LW: , B. Marchand, A. Mangiapane, T. Toffoli, J. Gaudreau

RW: P. Kane, Pasta, D. Perron, T. Wilson, N. Schmaltz, M. Tkackuk
    D: J. Carlson, A. Pietriangelo, C. McAvoy, N. Schmidt, J. Trouba, J. Morrissey
    G: J. Markstrom, C. Hellybuyck, T. Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

League in sig, currently tied for first with two other teams. Blew out a ton of draft picks to fuel a run this year -- hope it works!

Dobber Entry league, sitting in 6th. Was holding onto 4th for a long time, but have slipped recently. Need to evaluate for a push as I have games in hand on almost everyone in front of me.

- - - Updated - - -

League in sig, currently tied for first with two other teams. Blew out a ton of draft picks to fuel a run this year -- hope it works!

Dobber Entry league, sitting in 6th. Was holding onto 4th for a long time, but have slipped recently. Need to evaluate for a push as I have games in hand on almost everyone in front of me.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

The Great One

1st in my main salary cap league.. 5th in another but year two of a rebuild (both 14 teams deep). Inherited a team in UHL which is probably one of the best of the rest but taking my time with that as there are some real sharks in there
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Monster

In my $50 1 year pts pool where i put two teams in i am 3rd and 4th respectively. 25 teams and top 5 get paid i believe.

STANDINGS:

1. 452 pts
    2. 440 pts
    3. 423 pts (ME)
    4. 419 pts (ME)
    4. 419 pts (my twin brother)
    6. 418 pts (my twin brother)
    7. 416 pts
    8. 408 pts
    9. 406 pts
    10. 405 pts

... and so on and so forth. only 6 weeks left, am just happy my teams are in the running. lead changes fast, my team thats in 4th was like 2nd last place for most of the year then the last 2 months i been rocketing up the standings. very excited

Dobber Sports Monster

$30 pts keeper - 2nd/14 (looks like I got 2nd place locked up for $105)
    $50 1 year pts league - 4th/25
    $50 1 year pts league - 5th/25 (I put in 2 teams and so far its a neck and neck race all around. 1st will be about 500, 2nd is about 400, 3rd 300, 4th 100 ~)
    $250 1 year pts league - 7th/16 (top 5 get paid. am only 10 pts out of the money and 14 pts away from 3rd place. still got hope I can make some decent coin. doing very good considering I picked guys like Ladd, Hudler, Duclair, Burakovsky, Ghost, Eichel who missed a bunch of games)
    $10 newspaper box pool - 14th/363
    $10 newspaper box pool - 21st/363 (top 10 get paid.....1st is 1000 dollars and 10th gets 100)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    2nd in both the leagues Im in.....hoping to end up with a bye
    Still 2nd in the yearly....but somehow my keeper team with Sid, Ovie, Giroux, Pavelski, Lundqvist has dropped to 5th place and is barely above .500.

Dobber Sports Monster

will have to create a box pool for dobber forum members next year. those are fun