Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to get Holtby?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: How to get Holtby?

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Carter/Werenski straight up for him. Give 2 great pieces; ride out Jeff's vacancy until Stamkos returns.
    If Domi, Stone, Josi and a 2nd round pick was declined without counter, then I would expect the same result for an offer of Carter/Werenski.

Who else does this owner have in goal? Will he still have a strong starter if he lets Holtby go?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    If the Holtby owner makes a bad deal and doesn't get the return he deserves, can the deal be voided by the commish?
    I wouldn't want to participate in any league where this is a practice. If the league decides to allow someone to be an owner of a team, then they need to allow them to make their own decisions (good or bad) when running their team. Short of obvious collusion, I am against any league or LM vetoes in pretty much any circumstance.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The Holtby owner has Allen, Vasilevskiy, and F. Anderson.

Trades are not disputed, only collusion...and since I'm commish, there isn't collusion going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Trades are not disputed, only collusion...and since I'm commish, there isn't collusion going on.
    10-team daily Yahoo dynasty. 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 3 Util, 2 G. Standard scoring with hits, blocks, and losses as categories.
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GAA, SV%

C - Crosby, Tavares, Patrick, Miller (LW/RW), Rakell (LW)
    LW - Neal (RW), Saad, Palat, Zetterberg (C ), Schmaltz (C ), Domi (C )
    RW - Kane, Kessel, Wheeler (C ), Hornqvist, Stone, Donskoi (LW)
    D - Josi, Faulk, Werenski, Chabot, Montour, Orpik, Borowiecki, Trouba, Myers
    IR - Carter C, Atkinson RW, Schwartz C/LW
    G - Murray, Mrazek, Howard, Saros, Forsberg

Dobber Sports Superstar

you're right I am just trying to sell high as f*ck on Carter's value. I hate dealing picks so I cannot advise it but another thing to is if you give 3 players for instance who is the owner gonna drop?
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I guess I sort of stole Holtby then since I acquired him for bobrovsky and a second round pick and I received Holtby and a 6th rounder.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by knoble View Post
    I guess I sort of stole Holtby then since I acquired him for bobrovsky and a second round pick and I received Holtby and a 6th rounder.
    Yes, you should probably be brought up on criminal charges for that one. Great trade.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Yes, you should probably be brought up on criminal charges for that one. Great trade.
    Highway robbery! nice one

Dobber Sports Initiate

as a holtby owner (not knowing your categories), I'd have to receive a king's ransom for holtby. For example, in league in sig (keep 4), where goalie cats are 4/11, I would want Crosby plus for Holtby, and the plus being something substantial. There is no other goalie in the league like Holtby, consistently one of the best (3 years running), on one of the top teams (for wins). He is as close to a sure thing as it gets.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rodelli View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So he does have some depth here... I'd either try and chat him up first about his depth... or I might target Andersen instead. The best way to get the top goalies are to get them before they get there. In my old Dynasty league, I drafted Holtby in the 6th round (!). That was right before he took off.

Look for the next Holtby - you'll have better luck getting him. In this case, Andersen might just be that guy. Up-and-coming powerhouse team (despite what Sheik and other might say) and has the talent.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for all the feedback and advice.

I've offered Stamkos for Murray and Domi for Rinne on the site.

I also emailed the Holtby owner about possible trade ideas and about Allen/Anderson.

Let's see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the feedback and advice.

I've offered Stamkos for Murray and Domi for Rinne on the site.

I also emailed the Holtby owner about possible trade ideas and about Allen/Anderson.

Let's see what happens.
    10-team daily Yahoo dynasty. 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 3 Util, 2 G. Standard scoring with hits, blocks, and losses as categories.
    W, L, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Sage

If you're serious go Crosby straight up. If his offense is terrible that might do it and it's a fair move.

I don't think you'll be able to plug in a few above average pieces and get him. I believe you will have to give top end talent to get top end talent back in this case.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

Question...are you contending this year? Sounds like Holtby owner is out, but if you are too then I'd be very aggressive vs. if you arent.

I wouldnt recommend Crosby for Holtby, but I also acknowledge thats probably what it would take. If you can get a goalie from one of the other teams, which you say are all probably uneager to sell, then you have to prove to them its worth their while. If you are also a contender I think you might have to look at one of the bottom feeders lesser goalies for a stopgap, or just wait until the summer to get it done.

- - - Updated - - -

Question...are you contending this year? Sounds like Holtby owner is out, but if you are too then I'd be very aggressive vs. if you arent.

I wouldnt recommend Crosby for Holtby, but I also acknowledge thats probably what it would take. If you can get a goalie from one of the other teams, which you say are all probably uneager to sell, then you have to prove to them its worth their while. If you are also a contender I think you might have to look at one of the bottom feeders lesser goalies for a stopgap, or just wait until the summer to get it done.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Pro

Re: Andersen being the next Holtby... I'm dubious. I agree that the Leafs will be a powerhouse OFFENSE. Not quite so sure about their defense. If I have to pick the next Holtby out of the guys that GM owns, I'm taking Vasi.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post

Yes, 2nd in the standings right now. The team in 1st is REALLY good. But, if you know Yahoo, you know anything can happen in the playoffs.

Here is the latest update.

The Rinne/Talbot/Murray owner has been completely unresponsive. I'm getting fed up as the commish...he's the only owner that does this.

The Holtby owner said via email that he's probably just sticking with what he has. OK, so I gave him some more of my thoughts and he offered me on the site:

Tavares, Josi and Stone
    for
    Allen, RNH and Brassard

Easy decline for me. I don't think he'll trade Holtby, he's a tentative owner. But maybe he's workable at this point for Allen/Vasi/FAnderson. I'll see what I can do.
    W, L, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Also, I don't think a single person has recommended Allen to this point. Has he fallen that out of favor around here? Obviously this owner values him alot or wanted to see what I'd counter with. I don't see how a couple skaters (Domi, Stone, Neal, Josi, Faulk, ?) doesn't do the trick.
    W, L, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Also, I don't think a single person has recommended Allen to this point. Has he fallen that out of favor around here? Obviously this owner values him alot, he actually just made me the same offer telling me that. I don't see how a couple skaters (Domi, Stone, Neal, Josi, Faulk, ?) doesn't do the trick.
    W, L, GAA, SV%