Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to get Holtby?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default How to get Holtby?

I have ammo....see sig....and need a goalie bad.

I started with Domi, Stone, Josi and a 2nd round pick but this was declined with no counter. Not sure he wants to trade Holtby, but he's near the bottom of the standings and everyone has a price.

Where would you go from here? Time to decide which big offensive gun to start dangling? But who?

Thanks!
    10-team daily Yahoo dynasty. 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 3 Util, 2 G. Standard scoring with hits, blocks, and losses as categories.
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GAA, SV%

C - Crosby, Tavares, Patrick, Miller (LW/RW), Rakell (LW)
    LW - Neal (RW), Saad, Palat, Zetterberg (C ), Schmaltz (C ), Domi (C )
    RW - Kane, Kessel, Wheeler (C ), Hornqvist, Stone, Donskoi (LW)
    D - Josi, Faulk, Werenski, Chabot, Montour, Orpik, Borowiecki, Trouba, Myers
    IR - Carter C, Atkinson RW, Schwartz C/LW
    G - Murray, Mrazek, Howard, Saros, Forsberg

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: How to get Holtby?

Not sure what your cats are but probably Tavares + to be honest. Holtby is the best goalie in the league (sorry Price) on the best team in the league. Your going to have to pay the piper and your original offer was nowhere close.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wouldn't go hunting for Holtby. Even if we established a fair price, you would have to give the owner ++ anyways, because they will know that Holtby is irreplaceable.
    In contrast, think of a forward or Dman that cannot be replaced (Crosby? Kane?).... that would be the starting price.

Start with a center piece, like Tavares/Kane and then try to find something the Holtby owners roster is missing and offer to fill that role.

Something like Tav/Kane + Faulk/Wheeler/Kessel

...I know that seems insane, but honestly I don't think I would give up Holtby, even for that

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't go hunting for Holtby. Even if we established a fair price, you would have to give the owner ++ anyways, because they will know that Holtby is irreplaceable.
    In contrast, think of a forward or Dman that cannot be replaced (Crosby? Kane?).... that would be the starting price.

Start with a center piece, like Tavares/Kane and then try to find something the Holtby owners roster is missing and offer to fill that role.

Something like Tav/Kane + Faulk/Wheeler/Kessel

...I know that seems insane, but honestly I don't think I would give up Holtby, even for that

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Of course I'm targeting Holtby because he's really good, but he's also on a crappy (but upcoming) team in the league. There are two worse teams, one of which has hot garbage at goalie and the other has Talbot, Rinne, and Murray. That guy is the ideal trade partner for me, his offense is horrendous to boot, but he's almost impossible to work with.

Talking goalie with other teams in the league leads nowhere because everyone thinks they have a chance to win. So I'm going to have to overpay with them, or overpay for Holtby (again, if that's even possible).

Personally, I think the owner that has an aging Rinne should flip him straight for Domi or Stone, but I get nowhere with him. He simply declines offers and gives no feedback. He probably is blind to the fact that his offense is horrible. How do you deal with an owner like this?

Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Powerplay Assists (PPA), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

Wins (W), Losses (L), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I'm targeting Holtby because he's really good, but he's also on a crappy (but upcoming) team in the league. There are two worse teams, one of which has hot garbage at goalie and the other has Talbot, Rinne, and Murray. That guy is the ideal trade partner for me, his offense is horrendous to boot, but he's almost impossible to work with.

Talking goalie with other teams in the league leads nowhere because everyone thinks they have a chance to win. So I'm going to have to overpay with them, or overpay for Holtby (again, if that's even possible).

Personally, I think the owner that has an aging Rinne should flip him straight for Domi or Stone, but I get nowhere with him. He simply declines offers and gives no feedback. He probably is blind to the fact that his offense is horrible. How do you deal with an owner like this?

Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Powerplay Assists (PPA), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

Wins (W), Losses (L), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)
    10-team daily Yahoo dynasty. 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 3 Util, 2 G. Standard scoring with hits, blocks, and losses as categories.
    W, L, GAA, SV%

The Great One

I guess the question is how much do you handicap your team by paying the price for Holtby?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the question is how much do you handicap your team by paying the price for Holtby?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

I own Holtby ever since he took off for stardom... for me, it would have to start with one of Kane, Tavares or Crosby.
    The position is so scarce and the goalies are so hard to predict.
    Having Holtby's consistently putting 40+ wins is as valuable as owning Burns on D imo.

So if you really want to catch his attention, start by dangling a Tavares and see how he reacts...
    But he'll probably ask for more if he really understands his goalie's value.

- - - Updated - - -

I own Holtby ever since he took off for stardom... for me, it would have to start with one of Kane, Tavares or Crosby.
    The position is so scarce and the goalies are so hard to predict.
    Having Holtby's consistently putting 40+ wins is as valuable as owning Burns on D imo.

So if you really want to catch his attention, start by dangling a Tavares and see how he reacts...
    But he'll probably ask for more if he really understands his goalie's value.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

How many keepers? If you are going for it this year, I'd make Stamkos one of the main pieces and then try and add one of your RW (Wheeler, Kessel) and a first and see if that works. I might also offer Stamkos+ for Murray to that owner.

Dobber Sports Pro

Here's how you get Holtby in a keeper league:

1. Play in a league where the Holtby owner is stupid.
    2. Exploit the Holtby owner's stupidity.

I can't see very many intelligent Holtby owners being willing to trade him unless they are literally being given the farm.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Keep everyone
    W, L, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Here's how you get Holtby in a keeper league:

1. Play in a league where the Holtby owner is stupid.
    2. Exploit the Holtby owner's stupidity.

I can't see very many intelligent Holtby owners being willing to trade him unless they are literally being given the farm.
    Could this be reason for a void??

Dobber Sports Guru

I have Holtby in a dynasty league with a complicated scoring system. He was the top player last year for fantasy points, and is third this year. There's been some offers in my pool for him, but I won't budge unless I'm getting elite back. Last summer I had a guy who kept offering me Rinne as the main piece but I told him I needed Gaudreau. The deal was never finalized. I get a lot of messages for Holtby, but guys need to be willing to pay up to get him.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Could this be reason for a void??
    Not sure I follow.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I have Holtby in a dynasty league with a complicated scoring system. He was the top player last year for fantasy points, and is third this year. There's been some offers in my pool for him, but I won't budge unless I'm getting elite back. Last summer I had a guy who kept offering me Rinne as the main piece but I told him I needed Gaudreau. The deal was never finalized. I get a lot of messages for Holtby, but guys need to be willing to pay up to get him.
    Holtby owner in my league told me he needed Bishop, Vasilevskiy, and Burns.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Carter/Werenski straight up for him. Give 2 great pieces; ride out Jeff's vacancy until Stamkos returns.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Not sure I follow.
    If the Holtby owner makes a bad deal and doesn't get the return he deserves, can the deal be voided by the commish?