Thread: Adam Gaudette

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Adam Gaudette

Ive just read that he's a probable nhler next year with Vancouver... any of you guys have more info on him? Besides that he's on fire atm?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Administrator

Default Re: Adam Gaudette

While it's possible he makes it I wouldn't call it probable. Far from it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would think Kyle Connor and then bring expectations way down. Remember where Connor is...

I'm hoping Van has learned their lesson with pushing McCann & Virtanen into the NHL too soon and take their time... With Gaudette & Wellwood along with Boeser, Demko & Juolevi they've got some gooders in the cupboard.

Too bad their cupboards are only one row deep. but it's a start
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

First of all, thanks for starting this thread, masterjeff. I picked up Gaudette in one of my leagues right after reading your original post.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would think Kyle Connor and then bring expectations way down. Remember where Connor is...

I'm hoping Van has learned their lesson with pushing McCann & Virtanen into the NHL too soon and take their time... With Gaudette & Wellwood along with Boeser, Demko & Juolevi they've got some gooders in the cupboard.

Too bad their cupboards are only one row deep. but it's a start
    Bob McKenzie talked about Vancouver's prospects (Boeser, Gaudette and Lockwood) in his latest Bobcast. Bob called Gaudette "intriguing" and "a diamond in the rough", and said the Canucks think he could become a top-3 center (meaning a top-9 forward) when he's ready. Bob said he could turn pro after this season but could also return to college. Here's a link to it: http://www.tsn.ca/the-tsn-hockey-bob...de-10-1.674848 (the Vancouver prospect stuff starts at 00:21:17)

Bob also talked about Toronto 'D' prospects in the same podcast, that's right after the Vancouver prospect stuff. I hadn't listened any of these Bobcasts before but this was very interesting, so I might check out more of them at some point. Bob is always talking to scouts and team management guys, so there's valuable information coming from there.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would temper my expectations with gaudette. he'll be a very valuable nhler, but everywhere I read about him, they're talking 3rd liner. part of why this is a big deal is because he was a 5th round pick, so that makes him a "diamond in the rough", but he's not gonna be a superstar, and definitely not very valuable in fantasy hockey, except in very deep leagues.
    also, factor in that he'll be a 3rd liner on the Vancouver canucks, a team that seems to have no present or future (you know, right where the leafs were a few years ago). personally, I try to avoid canucks players and prospects like the plague.

- - - Updated - - -

I would temper my expectations with gaudette. he'll be a very valuable nhler, but everywhere I read about him, they're talking 3rd liner. part of why this is a big deal is because he was a 5th round pick, so that makes him a "diamond in the rough", but he's not gonna be a superstar, and definitely not very valuable in fantasy hockey, except in very deep leagues.
    also, factor in that he'll be a 3rd liner on the Vancouver canucks, a team that seems to have no present or future (you know, right where the leafs were a few years ago). personally, I try to avoid canucks players and prospects like the plague.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I picked him up, in sig league, I've got 5 Canuck fans floating around. I'll be able to trade him for as much as Dvorak or Connor to one of them, I'll wait for the media to build the hype next fall first
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4