View Poll Results: Who will be a better KEEPER? Points only.

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gaudreau

14 41.18%
  • Marner

20 58.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If you had to choose 1 player of the two (Gaudreau or Marner) to KEEP who would you take?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: If you had to choose 1 player of the two (Gaudreau or Marner) to KEEP who would you take?

Or I am laughing at the face that Although RT has some good points from time to time, a lot of the time all he does is come to troll a post. Instead of saying lol @ this thread. Why not be like I feel Gaudrea is better going forward and the that people need to temper there expectations as only x amount of players have score over 90 points in the last 3 years. That would be a constructive post but instead we get lol...
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: If you had to choose 1 player of the two (Gaudreau or Marner) to KEEP who would you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Or I am laughing at the face that Although RT has some good points from time to time, a lot of the time all he does is come to troll a post. Instead of saying lol @ this thread. Why not be like I feel Gaudrea is better going forward and the that people need to temper there expectations as only x amount of players have score over 90 points in the last 3 years. That would be a constructive post but instead we get lol...
    +1 to this entire post.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    +1 to this entire post.
    +2. Guess that was what I was trying to say in my original response to his one-liner. His opinion is valid, I just wish it was portrayed as an opinion instead of as a mild mockery of the opinions of others.

Dobber Sports Sage

Gaudreau for me. Calgary's young core is being a bit overlooked in this thread because of the off year. Id take this team before id take a lot of other teams in the league (coming from an oiler fan I think that's saying something).

I can see them trading blows year to year with 10 points ish difference but I'll take the guy that is 23 and already has a 78 point season over the one on pace for 70 this year.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Marner for me. Almost identical skill sets but Marner seems to have that extra hustle and bustle (in all three ZONES) that Gaudreau lacks. And Marner is 4 years younger and already keeping up with Johnny (and then some).

It's also pretty evident that the Leafs are soon to become the next powerhouse in the NHL with M(atthews)&M(arner) at the helm. Things look much better in Toronto than they do in Calgary.

At the end of the day they both possess elite-offensive upside (85+ points). Just a matter of preference and which team you think has a better chance for future success. Leafs and Marner for me.

...Why is it crazy to compare him to Kane?

They were both coached by the Hunters for a time (and posted similar junior numbers in their post-draft year). They literally have identical stats through the first 55 games of their careers. Exact same point totals and the exact same SOG totals. I think Marner has one more goal and one less assist...

If anything this is the place to compare the two.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Gaudreau for me. Calgary's young core is being a bit overlooked in this thread because of the off year. Id take this team before id take a lot of other teams in the league (coming from an oiler fan I think that's saying something).

I can see them trading blows year to year with 10 points ish difference but I'll take the guy that is 23 and already has a 78 point season over the one on pace for 70 this year.
    But would you take them over the Leafs young core? That's the only other team being discussed in this thread
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Marner for me. Almost identical skill sets but Marner seems to have that extra hustle and bustle (in all three ends) that Gaudreau lacks. And Marner is 4 years younger and already keeping up with Johnny (and then some).

It's also pretty evident that the Leafs are soon to become the next powerhouse in the NHL with M(atthews)&M(arner) at the helm. Things look much better in Toronto than they do in Calgary.

At the end of the day they both possess elite-offensive upside (85+ points). Just a matter of preference and which team you think has a better chance for future success. Leafs and Marner for me.

They were both coached by the Hunters for a time (and posted similar junior numbers in their post-draft year). They literally have identical stats through the first 55 games of their careers. Exact same point totals and the exact same SOG totals. I think Marner has one more goal and one less assist...

There's only two ends... the middle is the middle.

he's been compared to Kane since he was 16.. the people that don't think he should be compared to Kane, should go and watch video of Kane and Marner in their rookie seasons. They are eerily similar. Agreed Marner seems to have a bit of Killer Gilmour in his game than Kane does. Kane was also 160lbs in his draft year, if we want to add on one more almost identical stat.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Meant "zones" miscuseee!

- - - Updated - - -

Meant "zones" miscuseee!
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Marner for me. Almost identical skill sets but Marner seems to have that extra hustle and bustle (in all three ends) that Gaudreau lacks. And Marner is 4 years younger and already keeping up with Johnny (and then some).

cant tell if this entire post is satire or not. Might wanna cool your jets on the leafs powerhouse talk until they actually accomplish something. "It's pretty evident"? Why because they are just running and gunning without a care in the world about defence right now? Man this post gave me cancer.

And it's pretty obvious that Kane is and was in a different tier than Marner as a prospect. It's unfair to compare them. 85 points is extremely high upside and not something I would give out to a player these days unless they are matthews level.

Marner may have taken the title for most overrrated young player in the game. Anything he does is just overblown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    There's only two ends... the middle is the middle.

he's been compared to Kane since he was 16.. the people that don't think he should be compared to Kane, should go and watch video of Kane and Marner in their rookie seasons. They are eerily similar. Agreed Marner seems to have a bit of Killer Gilmour in his game than Kane does. Kane was also 160lbs in his draft year, if we want to add on one more almost identical stat.
    They are in different tiers as prospects. They may have smiliar skillsets but Kane had much higher pedigree and was simply a better prospect at the same age. Kane is a top ten player in the NHL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    But would you take them over the Leafs young core? That's the only other team being discussed in this thread
    Cores als include defences which Calgary kills Toronto there.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    cant tell if this entire post is satire or not. Might wanna cool your jets on the leafs powerhouse talk until they actually accomplish something. "It's pretty evident"? Why because they are just running and gunning without a care in the world about defence right now? Man this post gave me cancer.

And it's pretty obvious that Kane is and was in a different tier than Marner as a prospect. It's unfair to compare them. 85 points is extremely high upside and not something I would give out to a player these days unless they are matthews level.

Marner may have taken the title for most overrrated young player in the game. Anything he does is just overblown.

- - - Updated - - -

They are in different tiers as prospects. They may have smiliar skillsets but Kane had much higher pedigree and was simply a better prospect at the same age. Kane is a top ten player in the NHL.

- - - Updated - - -

Cores als include defences which Calgary kills Toronto there.

As always, SMH at your tone, choice of words, (and opinion)...
    RW
    D
    G

Banned

Nice reply. You said it's pretty evident they will become the next powerhouse in the NHL. No it's not, that's just your opinion. Don't act like it's evident just because they have some good rookies. That's what made Edmonton disappoint people for six years. Toronto like Edmonton doesn't have the D core to justify their hype right now.

Let me guess though, I must be stupid if I can't see how true are going to win multiple cups in the next ten years.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice reply. You said it's pretty evident they will become the next powerhouse in the NHL. No it's not, that's just your opinion. Don't act like it's evident just because they have some good rookies. That's what made Edmonton disappoint people for six years. Toronto like Edmonton doesn't have the D core to justify their hype right now.

Let me guess though, I must be stupid if I can't see how they are going to win multiple cups in the next ten years.

And I actually would pick Marner for the record. But I don't think torontos core is much better than Calgary at the moment. Monahand thachuk and gaudreau are great young trio and they have backlund who has broken out

Dobber Sports Ninja

I chose Gaudreau, but if I'm in a league with a few Leafs fans, I'd seriously consider Marner simply for trade value. You might actually be able to get Patrick Kane for Marner a year from now when the hype train is chugging out of control. #Runaway
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Toronto is such a polarising team but man the rookies aside their place in the standings after this latest brief rebuild is impressive and in no means should be compared to the Coilers who missed the playoffs for 10 straight years and squandered a whole bunch of young talented high draft picks in the process.

The difference between the two organisation was one went out and got component management and the other left it to the old boys club. The results speak for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Toronto is such a polarising team but man the rookies aside their place in the standings after this latest brief rebuild is impressive and in no means should be compared to the Coilers who missed the playoffs for 10 straight years and squandered a whole bunch of young talented high draft picks in the process.

The difference between the two organisation was one went out and got component management and the other left it to the old boys club. The results speak for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

*can't edit posts or quote or not be duplicated ugh... but I meant competent management.

- - - Updated - - -

*can't edit posts or quote or not be duplicated ugh... but I meant competent management.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ace

"85 points is extremely high upside and not something I would give out to a player these days unless they are Karlsson's level."

FIXED.

- - - Updated - - -

"85 points is extremely high upside and not something I would give out to a player these days unless they are Karlsson's level."

FIXED.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post

FIXED.

- - - Updated - - -

FIXED.
    What an original comment! Congrats!

meanwhile Karlsson's somebody who has actually scored 82 points unlike most of these bozos who people predict to one day get to that level