View Poll Results: Who will be a better KEEPER? Points only.

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gaudreau

14 41.18%
  • Marner

20 58.82%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If you had to choose 1 player of the two (Gaudreau or Marner) to KEEP who would you take?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Question If you had to choose 1 player of the two (Gaudreau or Marner) to KEEP who would you take?

I'm just curious who fantasy owners would take in a keeper league, Gaudreau or Marner? Thanks guys. Appreciate any kind of feedback on this.
    Keeper Pool 1

6 Person keepe league H2H
    5 Keepers
    1pt G&A for F&D
    extra pt for PPP
    extra pt for GWG
    2pts Goalie Win
    3 extra pts for Goalie SO
    START 12F 6D 2G

KEEPERS
    Tarasenko- Gaudreau- Karlsson- Eichel- Laine

Keeper Pool 2

10 Person Keeper League H2H
    2 points for G,SHG,SHA,GWG
    1 point for A,PPG,PPA,
    3 points for GOALIE WIN
    2 extra points for SO
    1 extra point for OT Loss
    START 12F 7D 2G

KEEPERS
    McDavid-Eichel-Kucherov-Marner-Karlsson

If you ain't first your last!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: If you had to choose 1 player of the two (Gaudreau or Marner) to KEEP who would you take?

With the core around him, I take Marner here. Only reason. Otherwise, I'd call this a coin flip.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: If you had to choose 1 player of the two (Gaudreau or Marner) to KEEP who would you take?

This is soooooo tough! I vote for Marner cause I think Toronto will become a high-scoring offense and Marner and Co. will benefit greatly.

Dobber Sports Pro

I voted Marner too... honestly I see him being somewhere in between Gaudreau and Patrick Kane long term. A small step above Gaudreau but a small step below Kane.

Who would have thought last year that the results of this poll would look like this so far? Fantasy hockey is such a "what have you done for me lately" activity.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Gaudrea will be between a 70-80 point player and Marner will eventually touch into the 80 to 90 point range. If they switched teams my projection would change likewise. They are both very slick players.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lol @ this thread.

Dobber Sports Monster

Marner for me but its close. Marner with Matthews is the deal breaker for me

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lol @ this thread.
    Why? Marner is on pace for 70 points. More than Gaudreau scored as a rookie, and more than Gaudreau is on pace to score this year. His pedigree is unquestioned, and he is in a great situation. I think it is surprising that Marner is dominating Gaudreau in this poll, but I don't think it is laughable to think he might be the better keeper going forward. If you disagree, state your case rather than just dropping a condescending one-liner.

We'll know in a couple years whether the views in this thread are just silliness. Until then, it is anyone's guess.

The Great One

I still prefer Gadreau so ask me next year lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

"On pace for" and actually putting up 70+ pts is two different things.

Gaudreau for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Gaudreau for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    This is soooooo tough! I vote for Marner cause I think Toronto will become a high-scoring offense and Marner and Co. will benefit greatly.
    They already are:

Goals for:
    1. Pitt 195
    2. Wsh 191
    3. NYR 190
    4. Min 184
    5. CBJ 180
    6. Tor 173

I take Marner as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Its not laughable when the talent is abundantly clear. People would of laughed at Mackinnon vs Kuzy debate, saying no way Kuzy will outpoint Mack going forward... I am usually a bird in hand is better then two in the bush kind of guy but Marner looks special.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Gaudreau for me.
    Well this ^. And also comparing Marner to Kane. And also giving Marner a 90 point upside when exactly 2 players have scored over 90 points since the 2013-2014 season. Or that Gaudreau has actually done it.

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Why? Marner is on pace for 70 points. More than Gaudreau scored as a rookie, and more than Gaudreau is on pace to score this year. His pedigree is unquestioned, and he is in a great situation. I think it is surprising that Marner is dominating Gaudreau in this poll, but I don't think it is laughable to think he might be the better keeper going forward. If you disagree, state your case rather than just dropping a condescending one-liner.

We'll know in a couple years whether the views in this thread are just silliness. Until then, it is anyone's guess.
    Really, there's lots and lots of things to laugh at in this thread.

Hence. Lol @ this thread.

If you choose to take that condescendingly, that's your call buckaroo.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Well this ^. And also comparing Marner to Kane. And also giving Marner a 90 point upside when exactly 2 players have scored over 90 points since the 2013-2014 season. Or that Gaudreau has actually done it.

Really, there's lots and lots of things to laugh at in this thread.

Hence. Lol @ this thread.

If you choose to take that condescendingly, that's your call buckaroo.
    I'm lol'ing over the fact you used 'buckaroo' heh
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm lol'ing over the fact you used 'buckaroo' heh
    Haha, yes. Doubling down on the condescension was in this instance a good choice from a comedic standpoint, I think.