Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marner

Banned

Default Re: Marner

Could be an injury that creates problems for his whole career. This is why being small and a twig matters. More injuries occur. Why a guy like konecny doesn't have big upside

Dobber Sports Stud

Could be an injury that creates problems for his whole career. This is why being small and a twig matters. More injuries occur. Why a guy like konecny doesn't have big upside
    Unless you're Erik Karlsson, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Erik Karlsson isn't small.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Always looking to go to negative extremes when talking Boltz or Leafs. So frick'n predictable.

Dobber Sports Stud

And yet... he's the same height as Mitch Marner (6'0) and when he was drafted, EK weighed the exact same as Marner when he was drafted (165 pounds).

- - - Updated - - -

And yet... he's the same height as Mitch Marner (6'0) and when he was drafted, EK weighed the exact same as Marner when he was drafted (165 pounds).

Banned

How is that negative? It was a comment about a player's size, nothing to do with the player's skill or anything he can control. I just think it's fact that smaller players like Marner have higher chance of injury.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Mitch Marner is not 6 feet. So no.

What a shocker, you own Mitch Marner

The Great One

Im sure it's proven that below sized players get injured more often than above sized players.

Im sure it's also proven that smaller players who get injured doesn't necessarily mean those injuries carry over with them for the rest of their career like you were implying.

- - - Updated - - -

Im sure it's proven that below sized players get injured more often than above sized players.

Im sure it's also proven that smaller players who get injured doesn't necessarily mean those injuries carry over with them for the rest of their career like you were implying.

Dobber Sports Stud

I know, it's a shocker right? The fact that I own Marner surely puts me in a conflict of interest when I dig up official numbers from the NHL website.
    Surely, they must be fake stats.
    And surely, when he was drafted at 165 pounds - no one ever put Erik Karlsson's size in question.
    I apologize, I must have been dreaming or smoking crack at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, it's a shocker right? The fact that I own Marner surely puts me in a conflict of interest when I dig up official numbers from the NHL website.
    And surely, when he was drafted at 165 pounds - no one ever put Erik Karlsson's size in question.
    I apologize, I must have been dreaming or smoking crack at the time.

Banned

Mitch Marner is not 6'0. There's just no way, I have seen it myself on the ice. Say anything else you want, but it's pretty evident he's not 6'0.

Administrator

Alternative Facts.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Mitch Marner is not 6'0. There's just no way, I have seen it myself on the ice. Say anything else you want, but it's pretty evident he's not 6'0.
    Maybe he's not, it would not be the first time that they add a few inches to a player.
    But say anything else you want, it's pretty evident that both Karlsson and Marner were pretty light players when they got drafted.
    Karlsson's upside had nothing to do with the fact that he weighed 165 pounds at one point in his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe he's not, it would not be the first time that they add a few inches to a player.
    But say anything else you want, it's pretty evident that both Karlsson and Marner were pretty light players when they got drafted.
    Karlsson's upside had nothing to do with the fact that he weighed 165 pounds at one point in his career.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Alternative Facts.
    lololololololololol

Dobber Sports Ace

Day to day. Good as new already.

@Left_Wing_Lock: Mitchell Marner: Is considered day-to-day. https://t.co/VMyqNEY6nI #nhl #Leafs

m.twitter.com/Left_Wing_Lock

Dobber Sports Sage

Babcock's on Hockey Central at noon. Just said Marner should play tomorrow unless the doctors hold him back an extra day.

To settle the Marner height dispute:

https://flic.kr/p/HGHNDA

I'm 5'9 (). Mike Johnson is 6'3. Marner seems to be right in between - he had 3 inches on me (and he wasn't even standing up straight).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Jedi

5'11" according to hockeydb; hockeysfuture; TSN;

6'0" according to ESPN; NHL.com (and 170lbs on NHL.com)

So... maybe he's 5'11 1/2" ??

Crosby and Kane are both 5'11" ... bottom line... who really gives a sh-- about one inch?

Fact - Karlsson and Marner and Kane and Gilmour - were all 160-165lbs on draft day (Karlsson being the tallest would have appeared the scrawniest).

There are 6' players that look smaller on the ice than 5'11" players - posture, skating style create images that are there or not there.

Marner does not look SHORT with his teammates, outside of the odd 6'3 player on the ice, or standing next to Chara, but then again, everyone looks short next to Chara.

A multi-post debate over Marner's height as got to be one of the dumbest pissing matches I've seen on here...

Yes, Karlsson is TALLER. good for him.

I would like to see some research that shows a correlation to 5'11" players who suffer shoulder injuries - have more reoccurring shoulder injuries than 6'0" players.

Unless you were on the glass, you need some fantastic vision to pick up an inch difference on the ice.

in closing.... who cares? everyone, move on.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4