Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is the likelihood that Bishop and Fleury get traded?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: What is the likelihood that Bishop and Fleury get traded?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    All buyouts are first subject to waivers, regardless of no move clauses. Pens engage buyout, Fleury gets waived, Fleury gets claimed. this is the Pens silver bullet, and why I think in the end Fleury will play ball and work with a trade.
    That is incorrect. Players with a NMC can skip the waiver process and proceed directly to buyout.

Again, Fleury will force the Pens to buy him out, any other situation and he's putting himself at a disadvantage.

He has no reason to accept a trade when he can keep his original contract earnings + sign a new deal and make even more money, all while choosing the team he wants to sign with.

The Great One

One other thought...have compliance buyouts been extended? If I recall those were an option for the first two summers following the last CBA. So does a normal buyout entail paying his full salary and it still counts against the cap? That again seems like a terrible idea.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    That is incorrect. Players with a NMC can skip the waiver process and proceed directly to buyout.

Again, Fleury will force the Pens to buy him out, any other situation and he's putting himself at a disadvantage.

He has no reason to accept a trade when he can keep his original contract earnings + sign a new deal and make even more money, all while choosing the team he wants to sign with.
    I doubt that, but at then end of the day Pittsburgh will do that prior to the expansion draft. It's just such an irrelevant factor.

The Great One

And when I say do right by the player I'm quoting Rutherford...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    All buyouts are first subject to waivers, regardless of no move clauses.
    This is not true. Players with full No Movement Clauses cannot be placed on waivers. This means that they can be bought out without going through waivers. A recent example of this was Thomas Vanek. He was bought out on June 24th, 2016 without going through waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    And when I say do right by the player I'm quoting Rutherford...
    So one quote matters but the other doesn't? He'll do right be the player when it's right for the team. IE, the offseason, not now.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This is not true. Players with full No Movement Clauses cannot be placed on waivers. This means that they can be bought out without going through waivers. A recent example of this was Thomas Vanek. He was bought out on June 24th, 2016 without going through waivers.
    OK, yeah I see now reading the rule again that there is a clause that allows a NMC player to not go through unconditional waivers and proceed straight to a buy out.

Pens will just buy him out then if he wont play ball on a trade. Should be an interesting scenario to watch play out.

The Great One

It seems to have slipped the buy out discussion's attention...compliance buyouts are over. If the Pens buy him out they will still have his 5.75 million count against the cap! That's not an option I wouldn't think.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    It seems to have slipped the buy out discussion's attention...compliance buyouts are over. If the Pens buy him out they will still have his 5.75 million count against the cap! That's not an option I wouldn't think.
    That's not how buyouts work. It would be a 1.9 million cap hit for 4 years. That's fairly manageable.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Rutherford's said having Fleury around gives them the best chance to win, and even though it'd be ideal to trade him, I think he'll stay for the run and then we'll see a buyout.

But who knows...maybe Fleury steals the gig from Murray, leads the Pens to a 2nd straight cup, wins the conn smyth, and Murray gets traded? The canucks were supposed to trade Luongo to let Schneider take over...very different situation, I know. But, it could happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Rutherford's said having Fleury around gives them the best chance to win, and even though it'd be ideal to trade him, I think he'll stay for the run and then we'll see a buyout.

But who knows...maybe Fleury steals the gig from Murray, leads the Pens to a 2nd straight cup, wins the conn smyth, and Murray gets traded? The canucks were supposed to trade Luongo to let Schneider take over...very different situation, I know. But, it could happen.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart