Thread: Fleury or Vasilevski

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Fleury or Vasilevski

12 team head to head league. I am currently in 1st place 4 points up on 4th place. Goalie categories are W, GAA, SV% and SO. I currently have Dubnyk, Bishop and Fleury. Vasilevski was just dropped and is available on waivers. Should I try to claim him and drop Fleury?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Fleury or Vasilevski

How many goalies do you start? Daily or weekly starts? What does the rest of your roster look like? Is there any trade value for someone like Fleury?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

We start 2 goalies with daily changes. There is no trade value for Fleury as goalies seem to be streamed a lot in this league. This week alone Raanta, Nilsson, Condon, Vasilevski and Elliott were all dropped. Raanta, Nilsson, Niemi, Neuvirth and Elliott were added. Other goalies available as free agents are Saros, Dell, Montoya, Reimer, Hutton, Markstrom, Mrazek, Pickard.

We play 3C, 2LW, 2RW, 3D 2 Utility and 2 G each day. The rest of my roster is

Marchessault
    E Staal
    Crosby
    Hoffman
    Marchand
    Atkinson
    S Reinhart
    Kreider
    Schwartz
    Carter
    McDonagh
    S Jones
    Letang
    Ristolainen

Dobber Sports Deity

I am not sure Vasilevskiy is an upgrade to Fleury. Obviously a lot will depend on what happens at the trade deadline. Is Fleury getting traded? Is Bishop?

I can see a reason to drop Seth Jones for Vasilevskiy and simply run with three D night in and night out but not sure what the WW looks like for Dmen and their value.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure Vasilevskiy is an upgrade to Fleury. Obviously a lot will depend on what happens at the trade deadline. Is Fleury getting traded? Is Bishop?

I can see a reason to drop Seth Jones for Vasilevskiy and simply run with three D night in and night out but not sure what the WW looks like for Dmen and their value.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

In your position I would argue Vas is more valuable to you than Fleury as you can then lock up all the lightning starts....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Icon

I made a successful waiver claim on Vasilevski. I dropped Fleury since there was no trade market for him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I made a successful waiver claim on Vasilevski. I dropped Fleury since there was no trade market for him.
    I think you just made the right choice
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    I think you just made the right choice
    I concur. Nice move.