Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prospect Mailbag - February Edition

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Prospect Mailbag - February Edition

Is JT Compher a legit NHL threat or is he just a great AHL player? Compher vs Christian Fisher, who do we like?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    That's correct. I originally just posted in the Prospect forum but the traffic there is far less and I wanted to make sure the exposure was high enough to garner enough questions.

All good if anyone wants the threads merged and I'll proceed with just the one thread in the future if that's the case.
    Personally I think the way you are doing it now is effective and minimally intrusive. Hopefully the mods agree and it is okay for you to continue doing it that way.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Nicolas Roy is rising and rising since last year. Do you project him as a checker in the NHL or do you see a 2nd line upside with relevant fantasy goals and assists production?

German Rubstov had a pretty rollercoaster year. He's doing pretty good in the Q but had a rough year before. What kind of realistic upside do you see in him?

Sebastian Aho was a steal in the 2nd round in the past years. I hear a lot of good things about Mascherin from last year. Would he be your best bet as a prospect to surprise everyone or do you have another name, past the first round in the last two years, that you expect to be THE guy who will come from nowhere to surprise the hockey world.

Dobber Sports Veteran

San Jose holds opportunity for a few young guys. Hertl, Meier, Labanc, Goldobin. Please rank them for a points only league considering them when they are in their stride. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for doing this, it's much appreciated!

Every year there seems to be at least one prospect projected to go in the first round that is very polarizing, some scouts seeing him go early, some others later or even in the second round. Who (if there are any) would be this year's polarizing players and what are your own thoughts about them?

- - - Updated - - -

Every year there seems to be at least one prospect projected to go in the first round that is very polarizing, some scouts seeing him go early, some others later or even in the second round. Who (if there are any) would be this year's polarizing players and what are your own thoughts about them?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Stud

glad to see someone asked about roy and rubtsov above!

I know that goalies are a crapshoot, but i'm curious as to your thoughts on the flyers' goalie prospects. they've got 2 studs in carter hart and felix sandstorm, who have been developing wonderfully, but they've also got someone by the name of merrick madsen who gets no love, and has done nothing but be awesome the past couple of years for Harvard, who just won the beanpot. I feel like it could be a situation similar to when the jets drafted eric comrie in the 2nd round as their goalie of the future, but then an unknown, late round draft pick in connor hellebucyk played so well in college and became their top goalie prospect.
    they've also got matej tomek and alex lyon, not to mention Anthony stolarz, who already has nhl experience, and looks like he'll be their backup next season, and has played well in the ahl.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that goalies are a crapshoot, but i'm curious as to your thoughts on the flyers' goalie prospects. they've got 2 studs in carter hart and felix sandstorm, who have been developing wonderfully, but they've also got someone by the name of merrick madsen who gets no love, and has done nothing but be awesome the past couple of years for Harvard, who just won the beanpot. I feel like it could be a situation similar to when the jets drafted eric comrie in the 2nd round as their goalie of the future, but then an unknown, late round draft pick in connor hellebucyk played so well in college and became their top goalie prospect.
    they've also got matej tomek and alex lyon, not to mention Anthony stolarz, who already has nhl experience, and looks like he'll be their backup next season, and has played well in the ahl.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post

This is a fantastic question but I had already exhausted my word count to squeeze it in. If you're okay waiting, I'd love to pop it into next month's Mailbag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post

Diddo for this one.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Here it is, folks! Thanks again for such great questions! This one felt like the best mailbag yet

https://t.co/k7YNRnxlH6

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is, folks! Thanks again for such great questions! This one felt like the best mailbag yet

https://t.co/k7YNRnxlH6
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Initiate

"This is a fantastic question but I had already exhausted my word count to squeeze it in. If you're okay waiting, I'd love to pop it into next month's Mailbag. "

No problemo, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

"This is a fantastic question but I had already exhausted my word count to squeeze it in. If you're okay waiting, I'd love to pop it into next month's Mailbag. "

No problemo, thanks!
    On a fantasy hockey break.