Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [RUMOR] Avs/Bruins

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default [RUMOR] Avs/Bruins

Lots of chatter on the twitter-verse of a deal closing in.

Nothing confirmed obviously but Sakic/Sweeney have been seen having lengthy conversations. Lots of speculation that one of Duchene/Landeskog (likely the latter) will be headed to Boston for a package involving a young Dman++

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/120...medium=twitter

https://twitter.com/dominictiano/sta...39521173585922

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: [RUMOR] Avs/Bruins

I don't see how the Bruins can afford to trade away another Dman
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Ace

They've (Boston) apparently said no to Carlo more then once it maybe he was the coaches boy more than managements.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    I don't see how the Bruins can afford to trade away another Dman
    That's my thoughts as well. I have a hard time seeing the Bruins dealing Carlo or McAvoy but Sweeney doesn't seem like he's the sharpest knife in the drawer either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    They've (Boston) apparently said no to Carlo more then once it maybe he was the coaches boy more than managements.
    it's got to be either one of Carlo or Macvoy

Dobber Sports Titan

Maybe the Avs will try again at the “not producing top picks” strategy again like in the ROR trade?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the Avs will try again at the ?not producing top picks? strategy again like in the ROR trade?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    it's got to be either one of Carlo or Macvoy
    Agreed. What else do the Bruins have and willing to part with that the Avs would want for Landeskog or Duchene?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Immortal

Lots of chatter on the twitter-verse of a deal closing in.

Nothing confirmed obviously but Sakic/Sweeney have been seen having lengthy conversations. Lots of speculation that one of Duchene/Landeskog (likely the latter) will be headed to Boston for a package involving a young Dman++

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/120...medium=twitter

https://twitter.com/dominictiano/sta...39521173585922
    Rumored to be in talks for a while so will be interesting to see if something can get done. Does Boston really think they have a shot though? Any team out of the Atlantic will likely lose to Pitt or Wash.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hmm. Fire a coach and make a major trade within weeks? I'd be surprised.

Dobber Sports Giant

Am I the only one who thinks that neither Carlo OR McAvoy (even with some ++) are enough to land Landeskog let alone Duchene??

In Montreal, we are hearing that the asking price is something like Beaulieu + Sergachev + 1st round pick. I don't think the Bruins have that ''Beaulieu'' piece to give up unless the trade revolves around both Carlo AND McAvoy (and that Carlo is the ''Beaulieu'' piece, McAvoy is the ''Sergachev'' and the B's add a 1st)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont expect either Carlo or McAvoy will bring in those pieces straight up. I just dont understand why the Bruins would send either guy at all in a package for Landeskog or Duchene. I dont see Duchene fitting with Boston at all. They already have Bergeron and Krejci locked up long term down the middle. If they are chasing anyone it's Landeskog.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that neither Carlo OR McAvoy (even with some ++) are enough to land Landeskog let alone Duchene??

In Montreal, we are hearing that the asking price is something like Beaulieu + Sergachev + 1st round pick. I don't think the Bruins have that ''Beaulieu'' piece to give up unless the trade revolves around both Carlo AND McAvoy (and that Carlo is the ''Beaulieu'' piece, McAvoy is the ''Sergachev'' and the B's add a 1st)
    beaulieau is not in the same tier as carlo/mcavoy/sergachev

i could see the avs trading landeskog for one of carlo/mcavoy + pick/prospect + some salary

montreal seems like a fit for duchene since their window is to win now. similar deal would make sense, sergachev + pick/prospect + some salary.

avs clean house and build from the back end. mack, jost and potentially patrick will be the forwards to build around next year. EJ/Barrie/ + Mcavoy/carlo + sergachev would be a great top 4 down the road

Banned

beaulieau is not in the same tier as carlo/mcavoy/sergachev

i could see the avs trading landeskog for one of carlo/mcavoy + pick/prospect + some salary

montreal seems like a fit for duchene since their window is to win now. similar deal would make sense, sergachev + pick/prospect + some salary.

avs clean house and build from the back end. mack, jost and potentially patrick will be the forwards to build around next year. EJ/Barrie/ + Mcavoy/carlo + sergachev would be a great top 4 down the road
    What has Carlo done to have more value than Beaulieu? He isn't in the tier with Sergachev at all.

Dobber Sports Veteran

How is Carlo/McAvoy+ even remotely close to the Beaulieu+Sergachev+1st round pick asking price?

No wonder they have to settle on Boston as a trade partner if they think they're getting that from the Avs.

- - - Updated - - -

How is Carlo/McAvoy+ even remotely close to the Beaulieu+Sergachev+1st round pick asking price?

No wonder they have to settle on Boston as a trade partner if they think they're getting that from the Avs.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Sage

Interesting stuff for sure!

McAvoy is going to be the real deal. I can see him having a Provorov-like impact in his rookie season wherever he is. Would be a good deal for the Avs if they could somehow get him ++ for Landeskog.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko