Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone gonna talk about Price

Banned

Default Is anyone gonna talk about Price

15 goals against in last four games. Overall save percentage under 916 after tonight. Montreal falling. Doesn't look like price is the best in the world anymore

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Is anyone gonna talk about Price

Meh. Sample size. Same for when player is trending up (some say Granlund would be good example). Price still was probably habs best player tonight. If I had to play a game tomorrow for everything I hold dear in this world, he'd be my #1 pick to start in goal.

Dobber Sports Guru

Price hasn't looked good since the start of December. Although I think a lot of the blame is on the system Montreal plays. He can't be faulted on cross-crease power play goals or guys just walking up the middle of the ice.

I also wonder how much his injury from last year affected his playing and/or stamina.

- - - Updated - - -

Price hasn't looked good since the start of December. Although I think a lot of the blame is on the system Montreal plays. He can't be faulted on cross-crease power play goals or guys just walking up the middle of the ice.

I also wonder how much his injury from last year affected his playing and/or stamina.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

lol Price is getting talked about plenty

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Meh. Sample size. Same for when player is trending up (some say Granlund would be good example). Price still was probably habs best player tonight. If I had to play a game tomorrow for everything I hold dear in this world, he'd be my #1 pick to start in goal.
    What do you mean sample size? His whole season stats are average right now.

As far a second picking one goalie, I don't know who I'd pick, but it wouldn't be price. He's never looked great in postseason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    lol Price is getting talked about plenty
    Have not seen it here. Seems everyone is glossing over his poor season

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i personally don't think Montreal is a great team and they don't have a lot of talent (don't shoot me), but he should get some of the blame. Can't get all the credit and none of the blame.

Dobber Sports Ace

[QUOTE=The Iron Sheik;1733684]What do you mean sample size? His whole season stats are average right now.

As far a second picking one goalie, I don't know who I'd pick, but it wouldn't be price. He's never looked great in postseason.

- - - Updated - - -

I recall the year Kreider ran into him, he was having a phenomenal post season. I mean, the narrative has always been that whatever success the team has had in this current era is solely attributed to him. So, did they make a conference final because he carried the team, or the team carried him through another one of his terrible post seasons?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The other night in Arizona, Price looked terrible.

Tonight in Boston, he made some big saves. First three goals were poor defensive coverage / matter of time due to penalties taken.

Dobber Sports Genius

He's struggling, but that doesn't mean much to me. Everyone struggles for stretches, even full seasons. He's still a brilliant goalie (the best, even if he isn't playing like it at the moment) and he'll find his game again, whether it's this season or not. For fantasy purposes, it's frustrating to have a top tier guy who's off his game and maybe having an "off" season, but it happens.

The Great One

I'm really intrigued to see how much this bye week helps him. Personally he is still the best and yes he has struggled but with every available goalie on the table who do you take? Holtby? Would love to see Proce on that Caps team...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Price was covering up a lot of holes on the Canadien's defensive system. Now that he?s not playing amazing it?s showing. If we?re doing like NHL17 fantasy draft in GM mode he?s still the No1 goalie, but in this fantasy, I think Holtby is the No1 goalie now. But this did happen with Rask/Price, now it?s Price/Holtby, eventually it?ll be Holby/???. Goalies get these high end CRAZY stats for a season or two, then they come back down a bit. I doubt you see MVP Price stats again, but he?s not this bad of a goalie.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldn't say he's having a poor season but is certainly in the valley as the season gives us peaks and valleys. The Habs go as Price goes. Right now, he's not going well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

My tin-foil hat conspiracy theory is that he's letting in the weak ones or giving up on plays just like his team is as part of a coaching technique
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Pro

Bad stretch for Price that is it, but this happened to MTL last season just with worse goaltending leading up to them playing awful. Teams are adjusting to Therriens style and MTL is not scoring like they used to. If you are basing this month to say Price is bad now then that is a poor argument. Still the best goalie, I doubt what he can do in net would just *POOF* away
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Banned

I can say "not the best goalie anymore" without saying "he is bad". Nowhere did I say he was bad, but he is having a poor season. For someone who is "the best", he only won one Vezina and has never had huge playoff success.