9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Dubnyk

9 100.00%
  • Give up Dubnyk

0 0%

Thread: Dubnyk for Rinne+

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Dubnyk for Rinne+

Looking for a quick gut feeling here. Would you do the following trade? I'm second in the H2H league in my sig, but the 1st place team is a juggernaut. I am in a place to compete though and H2H playoffs are random.

I give up: Devan Dubnyk (G) (MIN)
    I receive: Pekka Rinne (G) (NSH) and a mid-to-late 1st rounder.

Mid-to-late 1st rounders (after 4 keepers each team over 12 teams = 49th+ best players) last draft were Pacioretty, Johansen, Luongo, Kopitar, Thornton, Getzlaf, Scheifele, Dubnyk himself...

Poll attached! Thanks!
    12 Team H2H Partial Keeper: Keep 4 (1G Max).
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Stepan, Trocheck, Monahan
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Schenn (C), Vatrano (C)
    RW: Okposo, Reinhart (C), Larkin (C)
    D: Karlsson, Yandle, Hamilton
    G: Holtby, Dubnyk, Mason
    IR: Gallagher (RW)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2Util, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 1IR.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Dubnyk for Rinne+

It's a really hard decision losing Dubnyk for nothing is thought but I think I will keep him to win all goalie cats, Holtby is probably the best or top 2 whit Dubnyk, the downgrade from Dubnik to Rinne is big whit Mason as a 3rd goalie I will keep the 2 best goalies now in the NHL. I will be tempt to do it if you have no chance to win this year because the pick give you a good boost next year I will try to win this year and try to get something for Dubnyk in the off season less than a 1st pick...
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Padawan

Normally I'd be all over keeping Dubnyk, but you have Holtby and those draft picks you could get with the pick could be worth it.

Don't pass up on winning this year though. Goalies are fickle, I'd prefer to go into the fantasy playoffs with 2 amazing goalies.

Dobber Sports Ace

Can you trade in the off-season, or do you have to declare your 4 keepers as soon as the season is over?

Dobber Sports Titan

If you're in second then there's no good reason that you should be selling. Also winning a H2H matchup against your current juggernaut 1st place team is likely going to mean you have to take at least GAA and SV% of the goalie categories.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're in second then there's no good reason that you should be selling. Also winning a H2H matchup against your current juggernaut 1st place team is likely going to mean you have to take at least GAA and SV% of the goalie categories.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

If you are gonna trade Dubnyk you might as well trade everyone else on your team while you are at it.

It makes no sense for a 2nd place team to be a seller at the trade deadline.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are gonna trade Dubnyk you might as well trade everyone else on your team while you are at it.

It makes no sense for a 2nd place team to be a seller at the trade deadline.

The Great One

Agree with Al - play offs are random but I prefer the chance of the better goalie giving a better random week
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

If you are trading Dubnyk, you charge Rinne + That 1st pick + a strong scorer. Overepayment or no deal.

40% of your categories are decided by 2-3 Goalies. 60% of your categories are decided by 15 skaters.

Also, look at playoff matchups.
    Week 1: Min plays SJS, PHI, VAN, DET (1 back to back, likely sits, but MIN often rides Dubnyk)
    Nash Plays: ARI, CGR, SJS

Both have 1 hard match and multiple easy. All home games except the DET game for both teams.

Week 2: Min plays WSH, OTT, NSH, COL (1 B2B, but again....they ride Dubnyk)
    Nash plays: NYI(who are surging), BOS, TOR, MIN, STL. 3 away games and 2 back to backs with tired squads

Week 3: Min plays COL, CAR, ARI, 2 away games all easy meat teams who can't score worth crap
    NASH plays: NYI, DAL, WIN. 2 away games, all 3 teams can score well.

Rinne is old and towards the real playoffs, will get rested more. Furthermore Nashville looks like a hot mess lately.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G