Thread: Cincinnati Reds thoughts

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Cincinnati Reds thoughts

So with the news this morning of the Atlanta Braves trading two minor league pitchers for Brandon Phillips, they answered a few questions about their lineup:
    http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/article/report...-reds-1.669905

However, this causes a few new questions to be asked about the Cincinnati Reds, and the shape of their infield. Who takes over at 2B now? And with 2B seeming to always be one of the more shallow positions, this could be a spot to find a late round gem. My best guess is that Jose Peraza takes over at 2B for the Reds, and he could be a Dee Gordon lite. Great average, lots of SB, a handful of HRs. Maybe some limited RBI and R numbers though because he is in Cincy.
    http://m.mlb.com/player/606299/jose-peraza
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Cincinnati Reds thoughts

This trade was to pretty much rid them of the last piece of “old player” they had and to give Peraza the lead at 2B. The one pitcher they got back hasn’t gone above AAA and he’s like 27, the other just had TJS so he’s out all yr. And to boot the Reds I think are paying all but $1mill of Philips salary.

Philips and Colon reunite as the last old expos players.

- - - Updated - - -

This trade was to pretty much rid them of the last piece of ?old player? they had and to give Peraza the lead at 2B. The one pitcher they got back hasn?t gone above AAA and he?s like 27, the other just had TJS so he?s out all yr. And to boot the Reds I think are paying all but $1mill of Philips salary.

Philips and Colon reunite as the last old expos players.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

I found 2B to be one of the deeper positions in fantasy baseball to be honest.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Depends what you're looking for from the position I guess. I target IF first, and like to have studs around the horn. Maybe just me that finds it to be that way then.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

In fantasy baseball I am looking for offense and that was easy to find deep in drafts from that position.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."