Thread: L. Brossoit

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default L. Brossoit

I know Goalie prospects are a huge crap shoot, but I'm thinking of taking a chance on Brossoit.
    I have a few extra D and I only have Holtby (could be worse I know) and thinking I need someone else for the future.
    was asked for Manson for Brossoit.
    All the Dobber sites rate Brossoit pretty highly, but I'm not overly impressed.
    but again, prospect G, who knows.
    31 team permanent keeper. 12F, 6D, +1 Skater, 2G, 5 Reserve, 8 Prospects (744 skaters, 62 goalies, 248 prospects)
    Goalie - 20 W, 2.5 save, -15 GA, 15 SO
    Skater - 25 point, 2 PIM, 1 Hit, 2 Block, +/- 10, TOI 0.2/min, Special team points +5, Fight 5
    Strict NHL salary cap & floor

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: L. Brossoit

Josh Manson the ANA d-man? If so, I'd take Brossoit.

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Manson the ANA d-man? If so, I'd take Brossoit.

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't think Laurent Brossoit ever becomes more than a below average NHL back up. My view on him has not wavered for a number of years and he still has done nothing at any level for me to change it. He's been the 2nd best goalie on most of the teams he has played for and that is why I don't like his NHL prospects.

In a league that counts +/-, hits, blocks and PIMs, I would keep Josh Manson. His role on his team is only going to grow next season as the Ducks are definitely going to lose a dman at some point between now and July. The NHL ready d prospects that Anaheim has (Theodore and Montour) are both offense first type dmen. Manson is likely going to be the #2 shut down dman with Lindholm next season if he is not playing on the top pairing in Vegas.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Laurent Brossoit ever becomes more than a below average NHL back up. My view on him has not wavered for a number of years and he still has done nothing at any level for me to change it. He's been the 2nd best goalie on most of the teams he has played for and that is why I don't like his NHL prospects.

In a league that counts +/-, hits, blocks and PIMs, I would keep Josh Manson. His role on his team is only going to grow next season as the Ducks are definitely going to lose a dman at some point between now and July. The NHL ready d prospects that Anaheim has (Theodore and Montour) are both offense first type dmen. Manson is likely going to be the #2 shut down dman with Lindholm next season if he is not playing on the top pairing in Vegas.

Dobber Sports Stud

i like brossoit, as he's shown some promise at times during his nhl call-ups, but the biggest issue is that cam talbot is gonna be the oilers starter for years to come. he's not talented enough to be the next talbot/martin jones, i.e. backup goalie who is RFA and is too good to resign as a backup so he gets traded to another team to be a starter. he seems like he'll be a lifetime backup. if he was on another team with a weak or injury prone starter, then maybe he would get his opportunity, but not with the oilers.
    manson's value depends on your league's categories. if the league counts hits and blocks, then i'd jump on manson. as stated above, the ducks will most probably lose a dman, and it'll probably be manson. while his +- will take a huge hit with vegas, he'll be a top pairing dman which should increase his other stats.

- - - Updated - - -

i like brossoit, as he's shown some promise at times during his nhl call-ups, but the biggest issue is that cam talbot is gonna be the oilers starter for years to come. he's not talented enough to be the next talbot/martin jones, i.e. backup goalie who is RFA and is too good to resign as a backup so he gets traded to another team to be a starter. he seems like he'll be a lifetime backup. if he was on another team with a weak or injury prone starter, then maybe he would get his opportunity, but not with the oilers.
    manson's value depends on your league's categories. if the league counts hits and blocks, then i'd jump on manson. as stated above, the ducks will most probably lose a dman, and it'll probably be manson. while his +- will take a huge hit with vegas, he'll be a top pairing dman which should increase his other stats.

Dobber Sports Expert

I agree Manson over Bros