Thread: Torn by this trade. Gost snd Fabbri for rantanan and Reilly

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Torn by this trade. Gost snd Fabbri for rantanan and Reilly

Is what I'm losing with rantanan and Fabbri worth what I gain with ghost and Morgan Reilly flip? I'm in first so Mayb it's not the time to tinker but the gost owner did turn down cam Atkinson deal straight up earlier. Sig is below.
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Torn by this trade. Gost snd Fabbri for rantanan and Reilly

Lol. No opinions?? Lol

Dobber Sports Sage

Tough one because you're in first. In a dynasty keeper I like ghost a lot more than reilly. Is your league weekly H2H? Roto? Daily lineups? I'm trying to figure out how much you lose giving up rantanan this season (ie how often will you actually start him).

If you won't start him much the rest of the way I make the deal as fabbri and rantanaan are fairly similar (projection wise) and fabbri is on a better team. If you need rantanaan or plan to start him a bunch the rest of the way I try to do this deal in the off season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's daily. I have been trying to play matchup with rantanan with little success. Play him when he doesn't produce and sit him he opposite( sat him during his recent hat trick) bec thought price would have shut them down. He's been on a bit of a hot streak so I'm questioning the move now.

Dobber Sports Sage

Daily is toughand id lean towards holding off because he will still have value this season where fabbri has none. I'd run through the schedule and break down how many starts you lose the rest of the way and compare that to your top available free agents (assuming you can put fabbri on IR) and go from there.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah he would go IR and I would just use the spot in a rotating whoever is hot spot.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Any other opinions? Thanks again

Dobber Sports Deity

The lack of replies usually comes from people not knowing what side to choose, which can be a good thing too (I know, it doesn't help you though )

Long term I prefer the Gostisbehere/Fabbri side by a hair but obviously short term, it's not a great trade due to Gostisbehere getting scratched regularly and Fabbri out for the rest of the season.

It depends on your situation, which you know better than we do. If you think you can afford to lose Rielly and Rantanen then I'd do it. It's close but as I say, I do think long term you get the better assets.

- - - Updated - - -

The lack of replies usually comes from people not knowing what side to choose, which can be a good thing too (I know, it doesn't help you though )

Long term I prefer the Gostisbehere/Fabbri side by a hair but obviously short term, it's not a great trade due to Gostisbehere getting scratched regularly and Fabbri out for the rest of the season.

It depends on your situation, which you know better than we do. If you think you can afford to lose Rielly and Rantanen then I'd do it. It's close but as I say, I do think long term you get the better assets.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks axeman. Mayb it's a trade better visited in the summer.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd wait. It's not like fabbri or ghost are hot commodities right now and I think it's likely to still be there this summer. And a much better option for your team now.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks MZac

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So this deal keeps coming back. Deal has got slightly augmented. Deal is rantanen and Morgan Reilly for gost, Fabbri and Ericsson ek. I got him to throw in ek bec the others aren't really producing. Fabbri is interesting bec if pool party gets called back up I have no room for him at this juncture. With Fabbri on the IR I'm kinda hedging my bets bec with him on the IR I will have room. Can someone fill me in on Eriksson ek upside? So this in kinda a proactive move to cover my bases. Thoughts and advice please