Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fantasy hockey deals you regret doing

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Fantasy hockey deals you regret doing

I traded Kessel, Atkinson, and Lehtonen for Schenider and Abdelkader last season.

What makes this trade even worse is that I have Talbot and Andersen who were not playing very well at the time which is what made me want to trade for a goalie. I was tired of waiting for Atkinson and I never liked Kessel. And now I have to hear Dobber gush about Atkinson every time the Ramblings come out.

But I don't get too down on myself. I think about some of the free agent pickups and absolute steals of trades I have made. And I did run this by a couple forum experts and everyone agreed it was a fair trade.

- - - Updated - - -

I traded Kessel, Atkinson, and Lehtonen for Schenider and Abdelkader last season.

What makes this trade even worse is that I have Talbot and Andersen who were not playing very well at the time which is what made me want to trade for a goalie. I was tired of waiting for Atkinson and I never liked Kessel. And now I have to hear Dobber gush about Atkinson every time the Ramblings come out.

But I don't get too down on myself. I think about some of the free agent pickups and absolute steals of trades I have made. And I did run this by a couple forum experts and everyone agreed it was a fair trade.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

Well hell, I just traded Bjorkstrand in a couple of my dynasty leagues 2 weeks ago - so here we ****ing go with the 2nd half breakout.

- - - Updated - - -

Well hell, I just traded Bjorkstrand in a couple of my dynasty leagues 2 weeks ago - so here we ****ing go with the 2nd half breakout.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

I traded Tarasenko, Kucherov, Barrie and Bobby Ryan for Malkin, Krejci.

Didn't expect both Tarasenko and Kucherov to become stars, but I did win 2 championships since so I'm not complaining.

Similar situation (Same league) but dealt Talbot, Pastrnak and my 1st round prospect pick (ended up being Sergachev) for Shea Weber and a 2nd round prospect pick (ended up being Jake Bean)

Again won last year so it paid off, looking back now I wouldn't make either of those deals

- - - Updated - - -

I traded Tarasenko, Kucherov, Barrie and Bobby Ryan for Malkin, Krejci.

Didn't expect both Tarasenko and Kucherov to become stars, but I did win 2 championships since so I'm not complaining.

Similar situation (Same league) but dealt Talbot, Pastrnak and my 1st round prospect pick (ended up being Sergachev) for Shea Weber and a 2nd round prospect pick (ended up being Jake Bean)

Again won last year so it paid off, looking back now I wouldn't make either of those deals
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm about to make one in a 16 team league where I need a goalie. One guy has Holtby, Price and Rinne and is offering one of them. I told him to at least wear a condom before letting me know what he wants for either Holtby or Price. I expect it will be dumb, but I can't compete without a goalie and they are next to impossible to trade for without giving one back. All I have are Bishop and Miller (had Pavelec, but due to limited goalie rule and cap implications, I had to outright drop him and then someone scooped him before I could get him back, not that it helped them, lol!

If we do make a deal, I'm sure the price will be insane and I'll let you guys know what I had to pay.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm about to make one in a 16 team league where I need a goalie. One guy has Holtby, Price and Rinne and is offering one of them. I told him to at least wear a condom before letting me know what he wants for either Holtby or Price. I expect it will be dumb, but I can't compete without a goalie and they are next to impossible to trade for without giving one back. All I have are Bishop and Miller (had Pavelec, but due to limited goalie rule and cap implications, I had to outright drop him and then someone scooped him before I could get him back, not that it helped them, lol!

If we do make a deal, I'm sure the price will be insane and I'll let you guys know what I had to pay.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

I regret trading Mcdavid in my pts keeper league.

I traded away:

Connor McDavid
    Jonathan Drouin
    Collin Miller

I received:

Erik Karlsson
    Evgeny Kuznetsov
    Jordan Eberle

I moved karlsson for crosby straight across that same year, then i moved kuzie for stamkos straight across (BUT THEN STAMMER GOT HURT SO I MOVED HIM FOR PAVELSKI), then i traded Eberle in a deal to get Toews....so basically i gave up McDavid, Drouin, Miller for Crosby, Pavelski, Toews. I'm 2nd place right now and that trade did help me right now but like many poolies were telling me at the time "Do not trade McDavid"....

- - - Updated - - -

I regret trading Mcdavid in my pts keeper league.

I traded away:

Connor McDavid
    Jonathan Drouin
    Collin Miller

I received:

Erik Karlsson
    Evgeny Kuznetsov
    Jordan Eberle

I moved karlsson for crosby straight across that same year, then i moved kuzie for stamkos straight across (BUT THEN STAMMER GOT HURT SO I MOVED HIM FOR PAVELSKI), then i traded Eberle in a deal to get Toews....so basically i gave up McDavid, Drouin, Miller for Crosby, Pavelski, Toews. I'm 2nd place right now and that trade did help me right now but like many poolies were telling me at the time "Do not trade McDavid"....

Big Daddy

I managed to get Kuznetsov for a ridiculously low price this season (traded Nugent-Hopkins straight up for him), then I flipped Kuznetsov 2 days later for Bryan Little. Kuznetsov found his game the same week I dealt him. I've since flipped Little for a 1st round pick.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström