Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy hockey deals you regret doing

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Fantasy hockey deals you regret doing

ive had quite a few, pts only keeper

1: my Ovechkin, Gaborik, D Brown for Huberdeau, Couturier, Hamilton (2013)
    2: my Rinne for Gaborik (2013)
    3: my Price for Schiefele (2013) .... wouldnt look so bad now but i moved schief right away lol
    4: my Schiefele, Huberdeau for Galchenyuk (2013)
    5: my Pastrnak for Ladd (2016...last spring)

those are the top ones i can think of. the pastrnak one stings, i never asked about it on here before i did the deal but so far the deals i have done this year are good ones like my Keller for Dougie Hamilton and am sitting 2nd place in this league where i finished last place 3 years in a row before

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Fantasy hockey deals you regret doing

The only trade I've ever made that I truly COLOSSALLY regret was my Giroux for Ovechkin in 2011-12.

-Giroux was on fire to start the season, leading the league in points through ~15 games or so. The opposing GM was a hardcore Flyers Fan.
    -Ovie was coming off triple 100+ point seasons in 3 of the last 4 yrs and was the unanimous #1 overall pick (with Crosby coming off concussion).

I thought it was a slam dunk and was getting away with highway robbery. The league did too, and unsuccessfully tried to veto.

End of season: Giroux 93 points - Ovechkin 65 points

I lost the cash pool by 9 points at the end of the year. That trade cost me a $6,500 championship.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The only trade I've ever made that I truly COLOSSALLY regret was my Giroux for Ovechkin in 2011-12.

-Giroux was on fire to start the season, leading the league in points through ~15 games or so. The opposing GM was a hardcore Flyers Fan.
    -Ovie was coming off triple 100+ point seasons in 3 of the last 4 yrs and was the unanimous #1 overall pick (with Crosby coming off concussion).

I thought it was a slam dunk and was getting away with highway robbery. The league did too, and unsuccessfully tried to veto.

End of season: Giroux 93 points - Ovechkin 65 points

I lost the cash pool by 9 points at the end of the year. That trade cost me a $6,500 championship.
    wow 6500? man id love to be in ur league

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm sure everyone has a few of these. In my case, most of the time it's just missreading a prospects breakout, and using him to get some veteran help (who ends up burning out sooner than expected). Off the top of my head -

Benn for Campbell and a pick
    Tarasenko for Semin and a pick

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I gave up Kuznetsov the day before he started to heat up again this year for waiver wire fodder. A lesson in pedigree and patience there. I traded Backlund for Larkin early in the year....lol. Yeah. I did that.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave up Kuznetsov the day before he started to heat up again this year for waiver wire fodder. A lesson in pedigree and patience there. I traded Backlund for Larkin early in the year....lol. Yeah. I did that.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Giant

My Wheeler for his Frolik has to be my worst one. Both were starting their careers and Frolik was trending up while Wheeler was not.

I think I've won more deals than I've lost, but that one still haunts me...

- - - Updated - - -

My Wheeler for his Frolik has to be my worst one. Both were starting their careers and Frolik was trending up while Wheeler was not.

I think I've won more deals than I've lost, but that one still haunts me...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Genius

2014 my Stamkos, Tarasenko, D.Sedin and Nyquist for his James Neal (before he got traded), Kessel, JVR and Dubinsky.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

The Wolverine

Trading H. Sedin for O. Jokinen, at the beginning of the season that Sedin won the Art Ross.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I mention this in every similar thread posted.

The year that Halak went nuts in the playoffs and Price was riding the bench. I owned both and wanted to move one...so I traded Price...for rookie sensation...Magnus Paajarvi

Price went pretty much full out Vezina the rest of his career and Paajarvi just scored a goal in his first game since being called up so there's that.

- - - Updated - - -

The year that Halak went nuts in the playoffs and Price was riding the bench. I owned both and wanted to move one...so I traded Price...for rookie sensation...Magnus Paajarvi

Price went pretty much full out Vezina the rest of his career and Paajarvi just scored a goal in his first game since being called up so there's that.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

Double ouchie!! Choosing Halak over Price and then trading Price for MPS (Mega Piece of S%!T). Sorry to say praba, but until now, your move sits on top of this sad mountain
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I ran a FHG report on my league in 2014 and it showed me that Colin Wilson and Wayne Simmonds were - AT THE TIME - essentially providing equal value in our league. So, owning Simmonds and knowing the Wilson owner wouldn't know this, I traded Simmonds for Wilson and a couple draft picks. Figured I'd stock up some picks and essentially make a lateral move.

To this day, the other GM chirps me on this one.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran a FHG report on my league in 2014 and it showed me that Colin Wilson and Wayne Simmonds were - AT THE TIME - essentially providing equal value in our league. So, owning Simmonds and knowing the Wilson owner wouldn't know this, I traded Simmonds for Wilson and a couple draft picks. Figured I'd stock up some picks and essentially make a lateral move.

To this day, the other GM chirps me on this one.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Icon

About a year ago I was doing well in one (dynasty) league, and I wanted to bulk up for a playoff push.

So I moved Werenski and Skinner for Ryan and Nyquist.

Yup, I did that.

So this year I am rebuilding in that league.

(got bounced in the first week in the playoffs to boot)
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Monster

Overall dont regret this deal, but a few years ago I traded Stamkos, NFoligno for Crosby and Enstrom. I faced that team in the first round and Stamkos and Foligno had amazing weeks which knocked me out of the playoffs. Still bitter about it.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

another one i regret doing is not a trade but when i dropped Rasmus Ristolainen a year before he broke out. it was in a pts keeper league. i am short on defence now so am wishing i didnt do that. but tonnes of deals and drops i regret doing but overall i been doing very well for myself the past year

Dobber Sports Sage

for just pure old 1 for 1 hellish fail, praba's is in first place.