Thread: Preparing for next year: who should I pick? (Rep)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Preparing for next year: who should I pick? (Rep)

So, I'm getting my team 1 ready for next year (salary cap, points only)

I know I've got lots of kids, but I want to give them a shot because they are dirt cheap (Meier, Guentzel, Bjorkstrand, Dvorak, DeAngelo, Honka, Pulock), thus giving me better players to surround them..

I'm hesitating between the following players to replace Jenner (or someone else, but he's 2.9m)

Backlund, Bailey, C.Brown are 3 names that stand out the most considering their $/Points value. Out of the 3, I seem to be liking Brown the most because he can only become better and he works really hard, plus he'll probably be the cheapest option even after resigning this summer..

Any other advice is also most welcome.
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Preparing for next year: who should I pick? (Rep)

Jenner has a bad year so far....but I would stick with him compared to the 3 guys you listed above....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Padawan

^^ I was also hesitating a bit on Jenner.. and what about Spooner or Lindholm?

Or maybe I should consider sacrificing Meier or Bjorkstrand for one of the options in my 1st post?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)

Dobber Sports Titan

I wonder if V. Rask is actually the one you want to be moving on from. Package him with one of your young guys for a slightly better player around the same cap hit. Maybe a Kadri.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if V. Rask is actually the one you want to be moving on from. Package him with one of your young guys for a slightly better player around the same cap hit. Maybe a Kadri.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    ^^ I was also hesitating a bit on Jenner.. and what about Spooner or Lindholm?

Or maybe I should consider sacrificing Meier or Bjorkstrand for one of the options in my 1st post?
    I'm a fan of Elias Lindholm, he's been very good lately. I'm expecting big things from him next season but then again I expected big things this season as well, so we'll see what happens.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Kadri actually is available as a FA.. but I just won't have the cap space for him... even if I move V.Rask, it would have to be for a cheap player if I'm to make space
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Titan

It may not be Kadri then, but same idea. If you can move Rask and someone for another guy in the 3-4 Mil range that's a slight upgrade on Rask it would help you down the line.

- - - Updated - - -

It may not be Kadri then, but same idea. If you can move Rask and someone for another guy in the 3-4 Mil range that's a slight upgrade on Rask it would help you down the line.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

^^ I may try to trade Rask for Barzal/K.Connor type of prospect and grab a good 3-4m guy
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]