Thread: Keeper: Price or Talbot?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keeper: Price or Talbot?

This is a two-parter. League keeps 1C/1R/1L/1D + 2 at any position. I am currently in third but really close to 1st. There is some interest from one team in acquiring Price. Top 5 players on that team are Crosby, Kucherov, Doughty, Marchand, Kesler...and Hall I guess. In the off-season I will be forced to jettison one of Holtby/Price/Talbot ... that is, try to trade to improve my draft position. So should I pull the trigger at this point? And is it Price that I should move?

I see another thread "should I trade Price" and the advice is to get Crosby-level value in return. Thinking in terms of keepers and value in the future, how does Crosby's value compare to Price's? They're the same age and both have a history of season-shortening injuries.

So, to recap:
    1) Of the three goalies, which are my two keepers?
    2) If I choose to trade one to the team mentioned above, what makes sense to target in a trade?
    Always a Bridesmaid
    C MacK, Kopitar, Krejci
    L Hall, Beauvillier, Robertson
    R Rust (L), Carter (C/L)
    D Theodore, Carlson, Josi, Reilly (Bos)
    G Shesterkin, Nedeljkovic, Campbell, Greiss

1Y H2H [G, A, +-, PPP, SOG, H], [W, SV%, GAA, SO]

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Keeper: Price or Talbot?

Quote Originally Posted by Starstruck View Post
    This is a two-parter. League keeps 1C/1R/1L/1D + 2 at any position. I am currently in third but really close to 1st. There is some interest from one team in acquiring Price. Top 5 players on that team are Crosby, Kucherov, Doughty, Marchand, Kesler...and Hall I guess. In the off-season I will be forced to jettison one of Holtby/Price/Talbot ... that is, try to trade to improve my draft position. So should I pull the trigger at this point? And is it Price that I should move?

I see another thread "should I trade Price" and the advice is to get Crosby-level value in return. Thinking in terms of keepers and value in the future, how does Crosby's value compare to Price's? They're the same age and both have a history of season-shortening injuries.

So, to recap:
    1) Of the three goalies, which are my two keepers?
    2) If I choose to trade one to the team mentioned above, what makes sense to target in a trade?
    Keep Price and Holtby. Trade Talbot. And Talbot should still be able to get you a top skater in return.

Maybe see if you can do Talbot + Stamkos for Crosby, or Wheeler + Talbot for Kucherov.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Agree. Keep Price and Holtby. Trade Talbot.

Dobber Sports Icon

I think Price will net you the better return on trade. So if you can land Crosby for Price (even if you have to add a small +) then I would make that deal and roll with Holtby/Talbot for next year.

However, if Crosby (or another Top 10 player) is unavailable, then by all means, move Talbot and roll with Holtby/Price and feel good about locking up all the goalies cats next year.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Price will net you the better return on trade. So if you can land Crosby for Price (even if you have to add a small +) then I would make that deal and roll with Holtby/Talbot for next year.

However, if Crosby (or another Top 10 player) is unavailable, then by all means, move Talbot and roll with Holtby/Price and feel good about locking up all the goalies cats next year.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Pro

Price or Holtby will give you the best return. Trade one of them (preferably Holtby) because your selling low on Price right now.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Apparently Price for Crosby is one the table. Can I really say no to that?
    Always a Bridesmaid
    C MacK, Kopitar, Krejci
    L Hall, Beauvillier, Robertson
    R Rust (L), Carter (C/L)
    D Theodore, Carlson, Josi, Reilly (Bos)
    G Shesterkin, Nedeljkovic, Campbell, Greiss

1Y H2H [G, A, +-, PPP, SOG, H], [W, SV%, GAA, SO]

Dobber Sports Master

I would trade Price if I was getting Crosby. Especially because your remaining goaltenders are so strong and having good years too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

You cannot.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Accept! Accept! Crosby is still the best player in the league and you have 2 other ridiculous goalies (one already on a great team and one on a good team that will be great in the next couple years).

Although now you have to decide between keeping Talbot and Stamkos. Perhaps another trade is in your future.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):