Thread: Rest of the season: Chad Johnson vs Reimer

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Rest of the season: Chad Johnson vs Reimer

I need good goaltending for the fantasy playoffs. Who would you rather have? Johnson or Reimer? My other goalie is Lundqvist. Team sig below.
    ----------
    20 Team Franchise Head to Head League. The stats are G, A, P, Plus/Minus, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, GWG, Hit, Blocked Shots, Faceoff Won, and Defense Points for players....And for Goalies it's GS, W, L, GA, GAA, Saves, SV%. Minutes Played, SHO.

Starting Lineup (2 C's, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Util, and 1 Goalie)

C - Pavelski, Eichel
    LW - Parise, Ehlers
    RW - Perry, J. Carter
    D - Shattenkirk, Karlsson, Provorov, Werenski
    Util - Drouin

G - Reimer, Lundqvist (can only start 1 every night...2 Starts Minimum and 5 Max for the week)

Bench - Marner (C, RW), Agostino (LW), Barkov (C)

IR - Malkin, Fabbri

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Rest of the season: Chad Johnson vs Reimer

REimer just isn't getting the starts to take him over another potential hot Johnson run IMO.

but all comes down to playing opportunity and your guess is as good as mine. I wouldn't count on EITHER to be a lock to provide "good goaltending" which you claim you need.

- - - Updated - - -

REimer just isn't getting the starts to take him over another potential hot Johnson run IMO.

but all comes down to playing opportunity and your guess is as good as mine. I wouldn't count on EITHER to be a lock to provide "good goaltending" which you claim you need.

Dobber Sports Icon

Reimer has the best save percentage of all goalies in the NHL since the middle of December. Since that time, Johnson has 12 starts while Reimer has 10 starts. One of their save percentages is .889 while the other is .935. I would rather have a few less starts with much better numbers than a few more starts with worse numbers.

Give me Reimer and it's not that close for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Reimer has the best save percentage of all goalies in the NHL since the middle of December. Since that time, Johnson has 12 starts while Reimer has 10 starts. One of their save percentages is .889 while the other is .935. I would rather have a few less starts with much better numbers than a few more starts with worse numbers.

Give me Reimer and it's not that close for me.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not a good game for Reimer tonight

The Great One

Johnson for me - his ability to steal starts and go on a hot run are what you need and he is more likely to provide that than Reiner IMO

- - - Updated - - -

Johnson for me - his ability to steal starts and go on a hot run are what you need and he is more likely to provide that than Reiner IMO
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Icon

Hey Seanavery, which way did you end up going with this one? Since the 8th of February, Chad Johnson has 0 wins in 1 game played with a GAA of 6.00 and a Save Percentage of .826. Reimer on the other hand has 3 wins, a 1.77GAA and a .937 SV%.

The Great One

I hate my crystal ball sometimes...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.