Thread: [Rumor] Boyle for Davidson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default [Rumor] Boyle for Davidson

https://twitter.com/JMarshyBosco93/s...44723212509190

I'm Hearing the #Oilers & #TBLighting are working on a deal. Sounds like Brandon Davidson for Brain Boyle could be the moving parts...
    Both players have been rumored to be on the block. I thought Boyle could fetch a better return given the amount of teams that could use his skillset in the playoffs, but Davidson is pretty underrated too. If he ends up as a top 4D it would be a steal for Tampa.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [Rumor] Boyle for Davidson

Brian Boyle, 2mill on his final yr of a contract. TBL would be smart to sell this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Does Edm have new found depth to trade a Dman? I thought they were still looking for another one.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This seems like bad deal for Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Deity

This could have something to do with Davidson expected to be exposed and most likely claimed in the expansion draft. Just a guess on my part though. I could be way off.

I didnt think the Oilers needed another center seeing as they already have plenty in the system for a change. McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Letestu, Caggiula already on the roster.

- - - Updated - - -

This could have something to do with Davidson expected to be exposed and most likely claimed in the expansion draft. Just a guess on my part though. I could be way off.

I didnt think the Oilers needed another center seeing as they already have plenty in the system for a change. McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Letestu, Caggiula already on the roster.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Is this an actually legit person for rumours or is this someone wanting to be hockeyyyinsiderrrrrr

But it make not much sense to me. I feel like TB will kepp Boyle more than anything, or course what do I know though haha

- - - Updated - - -

Is this an actually legit person for rumours or is this someone wanting to be hockeyyyinsiderrrrrr

But it make not much sense to me. I feel like TB will kepp Boyle more than anything, or course what do I know though haha
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Icon

There has been talk in Edmonton about both the Oilers looking to acquire an upgrade at 3rd line center and them trading away Davidson. I don't think the guy who tweeted that out has any inside information as he also recently tweeted that the Oilers are talking about re-signing Draisaitl for $8M x * years and McDavid for $12.125M for 8 years. There is pretty much zero chance that either of those numbers are correct.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    There has been talk in Edmonton about both the Oilers looking to acquire an upgrade at 3rd line center and them trading away Davidson. I don't think the guy who tweeted that out has any inside information as he also recently tweeted that the Oilers are talking about re-signing Draisaitl for $8M x * years and McDavid for $12.125M for 8 years. There is pretty much zero chance that either of those numbers are correct.
    McDavid at $12.125M would be a great deal for them. He's a top-2 player in the league and should be paid accordingly.

Draisaitl at $8M, that would be too much. He should be happy with the same $6M contract everyone else got from Edmonton.

What's funny about Edmonton's 'D' is that even when they had 3 regulars injured, they still couldn't find room for Griffin Reinhart. Maybe they want him to be their #9 'D' instead of #10 'D'. Anyways, it seems like they have some depth now but not many high-end D-men, so losing Davidson shouldn't hurt them too much.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    McDavid at $12.125M would be a great deal for them. He's a top-2 player in the league and should be paid accordingly.

Draisaitl at $8M, that would be too much. He should be happy with the same $6M contract everyone else got from Edmonton.

What's funny about Edmonton's 'D' is that even when they had 3 regulars injured, they still couldn't find room for Griffin Reinhart. Maybe they want him to be their #9 'D' instead of #10 'D'. Anyways, it seems like they have some depth now but not many high-end D-men, so losing Davidson shouldn't hurt them too much.
    Draisaitl is performing better than any of those guys did when they started out and the cap is higher since then. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for that much.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Benning has been solid for Edmonton (and a RH shot) and Nurse could be back before too long as well. Both are exempt from protection in the expansion draft. Makes sense if they truly think Davidson would be snatched up in the expansion draft anyways and they're comfortable without Davidson for the rest of the season.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    If he's a top 2 player in the league, which I am not arguing because I think he clearly is, why would you want to pay him 15% more than any other player in the league? That's not even including the fact that the first 4 years, or half, of this 8 year contract would be restricted free agent years.

I would be extremely surprised if McDavid's next contract was for anything more than $8M per year if he wants an 8 year contract. Any shorter of a contract and the AAV of the contract goes way down.

Dobber Sports Ninja

If he's a top 2 player in the league, which I am not arguing because I think he clearly is, why would you want to pay him 15% more than any other player in the league? That's not even including the fact that the first 4 years, or half, of this 8 year contract would be restricted free agent years.

I would be extremely surprised if McDavid's next contract was for anything more than $8M per year if he wants an 8 year contract. Any shorter of a contract and the AAV of the contract goes way down.
    I don't see how he makes anything less than 10 and would certainly think he makes closer to 12 than 8. I suspect he becomes the highest paid player in the league so that's above 10.5

Dobber Sports Deity

It will be interesting to see the Oilers cap situation in a couple seasons when McDavid is coming off his ELC.

Simply looking at their situation today, they will still have Eberle, Lucic, RNH at $6M each, Pouliot at $4M. On D, Sekera will still be there for $5.5M and Klefbom and Larsson at just over $4M each themselves. Talbot will still be there at a little over $4M respectfully. That's roughly $40M for eight players. They still have Draisaitl to sign this offseason and I don't think he will be a bridge deal.

A lot can happen in a couple years. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be interesting to see the Oilers cap situation in a couple seasons when McDavid is coming off his ELC.

Simply looking at their situation today, they will still have Eberle, Lucic, RNH at $6M each, Pouliot at $4M. On D, Sekera will still be there for $5.5M and Klefbom and Larsson at just over $4M each themselves. Talbot will still be there at a little over $4M respectfully. That's roughly $40M for eight players. They still have Draisaitl to sign this offseason and I don't think he will be a bridge deal.

A lot can happen in a couple years. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Crosby is the only comparable to McDavid but he signed his contract a long time ago and also a much longer contract (12 years) than what's allowed now. His AAV over the first 8 years is $10.8M, and that was in 2012 when the cap was much lower ($64.3M I think), so that would have been 16.8% of the salary cap which equals to $12.26M on $73M cap. I know the difference between RFA and UFA years but with generational talent like McDavid, you're not going to argue with him. You just pay him what he's worth regardless of his free agency status. If you start messing with him, some other team is going to offer him $14M and you're going to regret it.