Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you draft Sheary ahead of Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Would you draft Sheary ahead of Kaprizov

Mid year draft is this sunday and I'm still debating if I should draft Sheary ahed of Karprizov neither of them would really help me this year but Sheary looked really good before his injury.

It's a deep 22 team salary cap league full keeper pts only.

Let me know which side you lean on.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Would you draft Sheary ahead of Kaprizov

Kap is still at least 2 years away from coming over to the NHL...

Sheary looks to have won the Crosby sweepstakes and should play by his side for a few more years at the very least...

Unless you're undergoing a total 2-3 year rebuild and as sexy as Kaprizov looks I take Sheary here...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Titan

Sheary for me. Kaprizov has a bunch of potential, but I have to go with the one that is here now and producing.

- - - Updated - - -

Sheary for me. Kaprizov has a bunch of potential, but I have to go with the one that is here now and producing.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

A deep league with Sheary and Kaprizov unrostered?

Sheary. Easy choice. Unless you are on a 5 year plan or something crazy like that...

- - - Updated - - -

A deep league with Sheary and Kaprizov unrostered?

Sheary. Easy choice. Unless you are on a 5 year plan or something crazy like that...

Dobber Sports Stud

VintageVibe, on what basis do you say that "Kap is still at least 2 years away from coming over to the NHL"? His contract is up after next season and the way he is dominating the KHL at an early age suggests he isn't likely to be there long.

Kaprizov all the way here if you can afford to carry him through next season in a farm/bench spot. If you need the points to go for the win next season then obviously Sheary but since you're asking the question I assume you are thinking long term and that is definitely KK.

- - - Updated - - -

VintageVibe, on what basis do you say that "Kap is still at least 2 years away from coming over to the NHL"? His contract is up after next season and the way he is dominating the KHL at an early age suggests he isn't likely to be there long.

Kaprizov all the way here if you can afford to carry him through next season in a farm/bench spot. If you need the points to go for the win next season then obviously Sheary but since you're asking the question I assume you are thinking long term and that is definitely KK.

The Great One

Sheary IMO as all ifs and buts with Kaprizov
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

SHEARY the next 2 years, but KAPRIZOV after that
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Pro

Sheary
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Deity

Kaprizov's KHL contract expires April 30, 2018 so that means he's unavailable to Minny for this year and you might as well say next year as well. Once his contract expires, he potentially "could" sign for playoffs I suppose but who's to say at that point. All we are doing is assuming on Kaprizov.

Does your league even have a minors system or is this just a regular roster spot you'd be using for Kaprizov?

- - - Updated - - -

Kaprizov's KHL contract expires April 30, 2018 so that means he's unavailable to Minny for this year and you might as well say next year as well. Once his contract expires, he potentially "could" sign for playoffs I suppose but who's to say at that point. All we are doing is assuming on Kaprizov.

Does your league even have a minors system or is this just a regular roster spot you'd be using for Kaprizov?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yes rookies don't count against the cap, so technically I can stash him and wait.

If you were in my shoes, who would you take?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes rookies don't count against the cap, so technically I can stash him and wait.

If you were in my shoes, who would you take?

Dobber Sports Deity

Kaprizov is a bit of a gamble. He's at least two, possible three years away from even being fantasy relevant unless you are in a KHL fantasy hockey league. There's nothing that says he comes to the NHL and even reaches the lofty expectations that many around here have for him. We've seen our fair share of KHL stars come here and sputter and a few that have done well. Again, gamble.

It depends on your team needs. If you need immediate help then Sheary is the easy answer. If you are willing to gamble and wait (and hope), then go with Kaprizov. Only you know the answer to this question.

- - - Updated - - -

Kaprizov is a bit of a gamble. He's at least two, possible three years away from even being fantasy relevant unless you are in a KHL fantasy hockey league. There's nothing that says he comes to the NHL and even reaches the lofty expectations that many around here have for him. We've seen our fair share of KHL stars come here and sputter and a few that have done well. Again, gamble.

It depends on your team needs. If you need immediate help then Sheary is the easy answer. If you are willing to gamble and wait (and hope), then go with Kaprizov. Only you know the answer to this question.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Sheary

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

sheary
    10 team keep 15 players league, 25 player roster, with H2H categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, SV%, SO, GAA)
    C: McDavid, Eichel, Monahan, O' Reilly
    LW: Forsberg, Huberdeau, JVR, Guentzel
    RW: Palmieri, Mark Stone
    D: Hedman, Ristolainen, S. Jones, OEL
    G: Lundqvist or Mike Smith

Farm Team: Demko, Kaprizov, Samsonov

keeping bolded players

Dobber Sports Giant

Sheary for me as well!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Icon

I will go against the grain and say Kaprizov. Sheary is the most recent recipient of the "I get to play with Sidney Crosby" so I will put up some points award. His PDO and shooting percentages are through the roof and he still will likely finish this year with less than 50 points. Nothing in his past tells me that he is an elite scorer. He also has not played more than 60 games in any of the past 7 seasons at any level.

Even though I typically like proven over potential, I would choose Kaprizov's potential in this situation because 50 point guys are pretty easy to find in most leagues.

- - - Updated - - -

I will go against the grain and say Kaprizov. Sheary is the most recent recipient of the "I get to play with Sidney Crosby" so I will put up some points award. His PDO and shooting percentages are through the roof and he still will likely finish this year with less than 50 points. Nothing in his past tells me that he is an elite scorer. He also has not played more than 60 games in any of the past 7 seasons at any level.

Even though I typically like proven over potential, I would choose Kaprizov's potential in this situation because 50 point guys are pretty easy to find in most leagues.