Thread: Rank these Def

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Rank these Def

Multicat

And do you think any of these kids will make a major impact?

Andersson, Rasmus

Fabbro, Dante

Girard, Samuel

Montour, Brandon

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rank these Def

I think years down the line they will all be making an impact. Montour is by far the closest, so he's the top of the list.
    I have heard good things about Andersson, and he's a year older than the Nashville pair, so I give him second spot.
    Girard will be a great point producer, but does he turn into TJ Brennan or Tyson Barrie? Fabbro also needs to work on his defensive game, but he is a little more mature, and a little farther along the development curve. They both have great upside, possibly could be the top two offensive guys of these four when they're done, but for now they're farther away and maybe not multicat players. Fabbro is the safer pick of the two.

- - - Updated - - -

I think years down the line they will all be making an impact. Montour is by far the closest, so he's the top of the list.
    I have heard good things about Andersson, and he's a year older than the Nashville pair, so I give him second spot.
    Girard will be a great point producer, but does he turn into TJ Brennan or Tyson Barrie? Fabbro also needs to work on his defensive game, but he is a little more mature, and a little farther along the development curve. They both have great upside, possibly could be the top two offensive guys of these four when they're done, but for now they're farther away and maybe not multicat players. Fabbro is the safer pick of the two.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Montour

Fabbro
    Andersson
    Girard

Dobber Sports Wizard

I like Tobias Funke's order but contrary to what EB said, chances are that half of these prospects don't amount to anything. I have no idea which ones will and which ones won't but Fabbro is maybe the safest pick here.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Montour's the closest, but can he put it together in the NHL and translate? If he does, he's got serious upside.

I agree with JP, Fabbro's the safest option, but I don't see huge offensive upside from him. He's a silky smooth skater, but super responsible in his own zone, not an offensive risk taker.

I think Andersson has the best offensive upside in term of NHL translation... Girard for whatever reason, I keep thinking will become a ryan ellis in the nhl. maybe it's the Q-league they have in common that keeps me going to that?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4