Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily food consumption thread

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Daily food consumption thread

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    if i switch my coffee to 2 milk, 1 sugar and that is my only sugar intake for the day is that too low or is that ok?

ill try that with tomorrows coffee. i wont get a tim hortons wrap, ill make my own breaky, eggs green pepper, mushroom, tomatoes.
    You'll be just fine with 2 milk 1 sugar. Take a pic of your homemade breakfast tomorrow AM and post it!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    You'll be just fine with 2 milk 1 sugar. Take a pic of your homemade breakfast tomorrow AM and post it!
    will do! im going to have oatmeal for lunch

Dobber Sports Ace

Atta boy! That would be a very low sugar intake but keep in mind there sugars, both naturally occurring and processed in many foods. The sugars added in high processed foods is one of the biggest enemies. Just empty and harmful calories. The breakfast you describe sounds delicious and I'm sure it will be.

You'll get used to and enjoy eating these foods. Food scientists made it hard. I know, chips ahoy tastes friggen awesome. Try keep in mind though that the ultimate point of eating is for sustenance. Not for pleasure, although you can get both, but we eat to live. A treat is just that. A small rare occurrence that is not meant to be a meal. A couple dozen Doritos at a GM get together is fine. A bag everyday, no good.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Playing sports, I was always told by coaches/trainers, if you're thirsty -you're already slightly dehydrated - now you need to drink to catch up, not stay hydrated. So perhaps that's why it's recommended?

It also fills your stomach and staves off hunger signals.
    Have heard similar things in running, but rarely seen much actual evidence that that's true. There's also the danger of overhydrating. Lots of cases of people gaining weight during long distance events and find out they are experiencing hyponatremia.

As to your second point, maybe there's something to that. Would need to look into it.

Dobber Sports Sage

The secret to successfully eating healthy is time. You have to spend the time preparing your own food. You have to plan ahead. When you want to eat have the food you should be eating ready or near ready so you dont rationalize eating fast food with a time excuse. Buy fruit and vegetables at the store, and keep bowls of fruit laying around your house in rooms that you spend the most time in. Prepare healthy meals made with real food ahead of time, so that when you get hungry the food is there and ready. I keep tubs of pre-prepared healthy food in my fridge at all times.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Have heard similar things in running, but rarely seen much actual evidence that that's true. There's also the danger of overhydrating. Lots of cases of people gaining weight during long distance events and find out they are experiencing hyponatremia.

As to your second point, maybe there's something to that. Would need to look into it.
    it works... the days I work into the evening I get cravings... so I drink a couple large glasses of water quickly, my stomach feels full within a few minutes & I can avoid grabbing that bag of chips or ice cream sandwich.

Some say, brushing your teeth after every meal also helps curb over-eating. it removes the flavours from your mouth and the craving to eat more/overeat dissipates. Matthew McConaughey does this.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it works... the days I work into the evening I get cravings... so I drink a couple large glasses of water quickly, my stomach feels full within a few minutes & I can avoid grabbing that bag of chips or ice cream sandwich.

Some say, brushing your teeth after every meal also helps curb over-eating. it removes the flavours from your mouth and the craving to eat more/overeat dissipates. Matthew McConaughey does this.
    Or it's a placebo. Difficult to say without testing.

Dobber Sports Pro

Or it's a placebo. Difficult to say without testing.
    Redacted

Dobber Sports Ninja

Placebo or not, makes no difference as long as the result is favorable.
    That's horrific advice.

Dobber Sports Pro

That's horrific advice.
    Redacted

Banned

brushing your teeth after every meal isn't good for your mouth

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    brushing your teeth after every meal isn't good for your mouth
    Redacted

Dobber Sports Ninja

I did not mean it as advice... I just meant that if he drinks a bunch of water and then doesn't feel a craving, it doesn't matter in his specific case whether the water really did it or if he just thinks the water did it. Same with the tooth brushing thing. As long as you end up eating less, it doesn't matter whether the water or tooth brushing actually MADE you eat less, or if you just ate less because you expected it to make you eat less.
    I must respectfully disagree with your reasoning. I actually find what your suggesting to be dangerous and misguided.

Dobber Sports Pro

I must respectfully disagree with your reasoning. I actually find what your suggesting to be dangerous and misguided.
    Okay. Duly noted.

Banned

Now we are nitpicking on pretty small issues. Brushing 3 times a day is probably better than only once... even though twice is probably ideal. But if brushing 3 times somehow helps someone stop overeating, is the benefit of maintaining a healthy weight outweighed by the detriment of brushing their teeth one too many times?

If we take this any further then we are getting off quite off topic I fear. lol
    I was thinking that would mean 4-5 times depending on when meals are eaten and when normal brushing happens