Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily food consumption thread

Administrator

Default Re: Daily food consumption thread

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    yes very true, id have money for dobbers hockey guides. i spend at least $2.15 a day there and more often than that i get an apple cinnamon tea in the evening which is as much as a coffee
    This really strikes me more as a diet than a lifestyle change. It's awesome that you've cut calories but there's still some elephants in the room that would be addressed if you changed how you think. It's really obvious stuff that jumps off the screen while I'm reading.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

2 slices of brown toast with organic peanutbutter
    black coffee
    water

Banana, orange @ coffee

Gonna have spring rolls and Noodle Time beef soup for lunch.

Yeah SMan, you gotta get a coffee machine. I don't understand how people can justify going to the coffee shoppe everyday. Unless it's a social occasion, to me it makes no sense.

I eat what I want, within reason, and stay mildly overweight but otherwise healthy. Co-worker on a diet, exercises and is sick all the time. Loves to poison himself with OTC drugs and other legal chemicals.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    This really strikes me more as a diet than a lifestyle change. It's awesome that you've cut calories but there's still some elephants in the room that would be addressed if you changed how you think. It's really obvious stuff that jumps off the screen while I'm reading.
    i have to agree with your assessment. LOSING weight and DIET have been a struggle my entire life. since 5 years old i been overweight, in 2008 i was down to 210 lbs and feeling good, i know i can get down to that weight by the end of the year if i put my mind to it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Yeah SMan, you gotta get a coffee machine. I don't understand how people can justify going to the coffee shoppe everyday. Unless it's a social occasion, to me it makes no sense.

Yeah, here in the States it is Starbucks that people spend ungodly amounts of money at. Just get a single cup coffee maker, or better yet a french press, and drink black coffee without all of the other junk in it. Saves a ton of money and it is healthier. Win/Win.

Dobber Sports Star

I haven't read the whole thread, but Stuntman... If you want to lose weight and be healthy it isn't just about limiting your calories. You need to eat good, healthy food, and you can eat more of it than you think! Stop eating shitty Tim Hortons every day!!!! If you just eat 1500 fast food calories every day you're going to worsen your health, not improve it.

Dobber Sports Monster

2 slices of brown toast with organic peanutbutter
    black coffee
    water

Banana, orange @ coffee

Gonna have spring rolls and Noodle Time beef soup for lunch.

I eat what I want, within reason, and stay mildly overweight but otherwise healthy. Co-worker on a diet, exercises and is sick all the time. Loves to poison himself with OTC drugs and other legal chemicals.
    i do have a coffee machine lol. i stay home a lot of the time and like going for the drive to tim hortons, but i should look at other avenues than a tim hortons run as GETTING OUT OF THE HOUSE

Dobber Sports Pro

i have to agree with your assessment. LOSING weight and DIET have been a struggle my entire life. since 5 years old i been overweight, in 2008 i was down to 210 lbs and feeling good, i know i can get down to that weight by the end of the year if i put my mind to it.
    I think (and I could be wrong) that Eric's point is to change your priorities. Instead of focusing on your weight, focus on your habits. If you focus on the day-to-day goal of eating in a healthful way by preparing your own nutritious food in reasonable portion sizes, and exercising vigorously for at least 30 minutes per day, then you won't even need to think about the long term goal of losing weight. It will just happen naturally as a consequence of your new habits.

The Wolverine

Why are you so focused on a specific number? If you don't get to that point, then you'll be disappointed, or you feel you're not on track then you might slip and cheat and then back to square one.

Like Eric said, it's a lifestyle change. Start thinking of changes you can make to improve your eating/drinking habits and be more active. The weight will come off without focusing on it too much. Heck, I would even go so far as say not to weigh yourself at all for awhile.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but Stuntman... If you want to lose weight and be healthy it isn't just about limiting your calories. You need to eat good, healthy food, and you can eat more of it than you think! Stop eating shitty Tim Hortons every day!!!! If you just eat 1500 fast food calories every day you're going to worsen your health, not improve it.
    a good friend of mine said this to me yesterday. i really DO need to add vegetables into my diet + CUT OUT THE DAILY TIM HORTONS FOOD......ill buy a package or two of salad today. just tastes foreign to me......vegetables lol.....then again if i start eating them more often then maybe ill like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Why are you so focused on a specific number? If you don't get to that point, then you'll be disappointed, or you feel you're not on track then you might slip and cheat and then back to square one.

Like Eric said, it's a lifestyle change. Start thinking of changes you can make to improve your eating/drinking habits and be more active. The weight will come off without focusing on it too much. Heck, I would even go so far as say not to weigh yourself at all for awhile.
    yeah i think its a good idea NOT to look at the scale for awhile and just eat well and be active. what i TEND to do is if i lose 2-3 lbs then ill start to think "OH.......DOWN A COUPLE POUNDS....CAN AFFORD TO EAT A MCDONALDS MEAL SUPERIZED JUST BECAUSE....." not a good attitude

Dobber Sports Ace

Even just grilled or oven roasted with some sea salt and olive oil, but here -

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/sl...bles-slideshow

Dobber Sports Veteran

It takes time to feel the benefits of making a healthy change. I quit smoking a month ago, hated life for a couple weeks but now I'm sleeping better and have more energy and money too.

So those veggies may not taste good at first but stay with it and you will eventually see and feel the benefits.

Good advice by others to not analyse things with numbers too much. Might be easier said than done for stats people like us though.

The Wolverine

yeah i think its a good idea NOT to look at the scale for awhile and just eat well and be active. what i TEND to do is if i lose 2-3 lbs then ill start to think "OH.......DOWN A COUPLE POUNDS....CAN AFFORD TO EAT A MCDONALDS MEAL SUPERIZED JUST BECAUSE....." not a good attitude
    Yep, once you get into a habit then you probably won't feel the urge to 'cheat' and go for a fast food meal as often. The balance of healthier eating and enjoyment is the challenge for many of us, so look at changes you can make that you can easily incorporate without feeling like it's a drastic change. As for vegetables, it may be easier to start mixing them into meals or soups, which you enjoy. Going from none to 'I'll buy a salad' may not be sustainable long term.

Dobber Sports Monster

It takes time to feel the benefits of making a healthy change. I quit smoking a month ago, hated life for a couple weeks but now I'm sleeping better and have more energy and money too.

So those veggies may not taste good at first but stay with it and you will eventually see and feel the benefits.

Good advice by others to not analyse things with numbers too much. Might be easier said than done for stats people like us though.
    good for u for quitting smoking. i smoked on and off for 5 years (2-3 cigarettes a day) and it was super hard to quit. never had one for 4 years now. don't really get any cravings......a few months ago i THOUGHT about having a cigarette because i was stressed/bored but thought better of it. id get a non nicotine vapor cig but i keep hearing of those things blowing up lol

Banned

if you want to lose weight, I highly recommend keto (low card, high fat). You have to stick with it, but it feels great and reduces your hunger. It also leads to improved numbers in every category and can reverse diabetes or pre-diabetes

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Even just grilled or oven roasted with some sea salt and olive oil, but here -

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/sl...bles-slideshow
    Great link by Tobias. Be very careful about salad, Stunt Man. The temptation with salad is to add a bunch of salad dressing (super fatty and high in calories), as well as stuff like bacon, cheese, croutons, etc. to make it taste less like vegetables!

Try to eat things like zucchini, squash, onions, bell peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms (not really a vegetable). If you use a small amount of olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs you can make these things taste quite delicious. Yes, these tastes will be foreign to you at first. But think of it this way.... It is a good thing that it feels unnatural to you because what feels natural is not working. If you do what feels unnatural for a while then it will start to feel natural, and it will give you great results!