Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Daily food consumption thread

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Daily food consumption thread

Meal Update

Monday Supper

Shepherd's pie - regular potato, sweet potato, celery, onion --> DELICICIOUS

Tuesday Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with onions, peppers, celery

Tuesday Lunch

Hard Boiled egg, carrots, pickles
    A few pieces of home made beef jerky

- - - Updated - - -

Meal Update

Monday Supper

Shepherd's pie - regular potato, sweet potato, celery, onion --> DELICICIOUS

Tuesday Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with onions, peppers, celery

Tuesday Lunch

Hard Boiled egg, carrots, pickles
    A few pieces of home made beef jerky

Dobber Sports Monster

onions make everything taste good.

breakfast: bowl of captain crunch
    Lunch: 3 eggs 2 toast
    Supper: Beef and noodle stirfry WITH a coffee from you know where! :O

- - - Updated - - -

onions make everything taste good.

breakfast: bowl of captain crunch
    Lunch: 3 eggs 2 toast
    Supper: Beef and noodle stirfry WITH a coffee from you know where! :O

Dobber Sports Monster

for the month of february my calorie count has been roughly.....give or take 50-100 cals max. i dont exactly weigh my food but i keep track of what everything says on the labels.

FEB1: 1700
    FEB2: 1900
    FEB3: 1900
    FEB4: 1950
    FEB5: 1900
    FEB6: 1950
    FEB7: 1800

- - - Updated - - -

for the month of february my calorie count has been roughly.....give or take 50-100 cals max. i dont exactly weigh my food but i keep track of what everything says on the labels.

FEB1: 1700
    FEB2: 1900
    FEB3: 1900
    FEB4: 1950
    FEB5: 1900
    FEB6: 1950
    FEB7: 1800

Dobber Sports Ninja

Stuntman, I'm not being critical with anything you are trying, I applaud all of your efforts. I want to share my thoughts on my personal weight loss experiences.

I found counting calories to be very time consuming with little benefit. Last year, after some routine blood work revealed some seriously elevated cholesterol and triglycerides numbers...something something pre-diabetic is what I heard. I was offered a chance to work with a nutritionist to get my internal numbers under control, which would hopefully help with some weight reduction (probably 50+ lbs overweight). She really worked with the foods I liked and explained everything for me. One of the first things she tried to get me to do was to focus less on defining success with the scale and more about the internal numbers. That was tough to change my mind set, but I eventually bought in, although I still step on the scale every now and then, just less.

One of the key things I learned was about WHEN and HOW OFTEN to eat. If I was running late, I'd just skip breakfast and then I wouldn't be hungry until lunch time. Then I would go home, eat dinner and then snack all night until bed time. She helped condition my eating behavior so that now I always eat a proper breakfast as early as I can...then I'm supposed to have a healthy snack mid-morning (apple/banana/etc) and then a balanced lunch, then a mid-afternoon snack. Early on, I struggled to eat what I was supposed to. Seriously, I felt like I was overeating, but my weight came down slowly, plateaued, came down a little, plateaued. I had to write down everything I ate and when. That was a challenge, but after a couple of weeks, you could see a pattern of what happened when I skipped a meal (I would snack pretty much all night apparently because my body was telling me that I was hungry).

Another big mistake I was doing was I would have a big serving of pasta and that's it. She taught me about balancing protein, vegetables, starch, fats and helped me with portion control. A couple of times a week, instead of meat as my protein, I would try to substitute beans (bean salad which was easy to make and tasted decent).

After my pre-diabetes diagnosis and while I was working with the nutritionist, I quit drinking almost entirely. Apparently, there's a lot of sugars as well as calories in alcohol. Who knew!? lol Now, I rarely drink any alcohol, but if I'm going out, I'll definitely have a few beer, but I'm much more conscious of how much I drink and at least try to limit how many I drink in one night.

My blood work after six months came back within normal numbers - at the high end, but within. The doc was pleasantly surprised - I don't think she expected the numbers to come down so much in that period of time. I was very motivated and pretty disciplined to not have to be medicated for diabetes if I didn't have to. That was my motivation. I'll admit it wasn't easy and to be honest, the weight didn't come off like I expected, but I think the nutritionist convinced me to focus more on the internal numbers and the scales became less important. That said, I hadn't stepped on the scales since November and when I weighed myself two weeks ago, I had lost 20 pounds. Huh, I didn't really do anything different with my diet (not a "diet", I mean what I consumed/ate).

I never really went to the gym throughout the last year, which surprised me because I've always enjoyed getting pumped up with the iron and just working out in general. Mind you, I've had shoulder and double hernia surgery a couple of years ago, which partly explains the weight gain and reluctance to hit the iron. What you eat is much more important than going to the gym...however, you can really accelerate your goals with exercise - even some serious walking can help.

Back to the nutritionist's advice - don't beat yourself up if you "cheat", make sure you get back to healthy eating the next day. I think she said 80%, if you're eating healthy 80% of the time, you'll be fine. It took a while to change my habits, but now it's set and I enjoy cooking my meals most of the time, I rarely eat out/fast food/alcohol. One benefit of that is I don't spend as much money.

I don't know if seeing a nutritionist is something your doctor could refer you to or if you even want to (and they aren't all the same), but I know it really helped me turn my eating habits around. All the best my friend. Please keep us updated and do your best to stay positive.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

You don't have to be perfect and your body weight will probably fluctuate a ton. You need to have a rock-solid routine so that whenever you slip up you then fall back to something that puts you on the right path by default.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to be perfect and your body weight will probably fluctuate a ton. You need to have a rock-solid routine so that whenever you slip up you then fall back to something that puts you on the right path by default.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Tuesday Supper

Chicken chowder - roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, coconut, broccoli
    Roasted asparagus
    Beet/apple/raisin/lettuce salad

Wednesday Breakfast

Scrambled Eggs with spinach, peppers, onions
    Bacon - cooked in the oven of course

Dobber Sports Titan

Am I still allowed to talk on this?

Over the weekend I ate very healthy Friday and Saturday knowing I had a big birthday lunch (back in January) coming from my sister. I ate chicken, rice, and broccoli for Friday/Saturday dinner. I had a crap ton of fruit all weekend too.

Sunday we went to The Works Burgers. I had a burger with Bacon, Maple Bacon, Peameal Bacon, Bacon Sticks, Bacon BBQ sauce, and garlic aioli. Fries on the side with a chipotle mayo dip, and we split an onion ring tower to start. They got my sisters burger wrong, so they gave us free milkshake coupons for an apology. The shakes are like 1300 calories :-|

Fantasy hockey, hockey, Fantasy hockey, sports, sports, sports. (I think I have to add that in for the only talking about fantasy sports rule)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Am I still allowed to talk on this?

Over the weekend I ate very healthy Friday and Saturday knowing I had a big birthday lunch (back in January) coming from my sister. I ate chicken, rice, and broccoli for Friday/Saturday dinner. I had a crap ton of fruit all weekend too.

Sunday we went to The Works Burgers. I had a burger with Bacon, Maple Bacon, Peameal Bacon, Bacon Sticks, Bacon BBQ sauce, and garlic aioli. Fries on the side with a chipotle mayo dip, and we split an onion ring tower to start. They got my sisters burger wrong, so they gave us free milkshake coupons for an apology. The shakes are like 1300 calories :-|

Fantasy hockey, hockey, Fantasy hockey, sports, sports, sports. (I think I have to add that in for the only talking about fantasy sports rule)
    I just gained a pound reading this post lol

Dobber Sports Padawan

I just ate an expired Snickers bar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    I just ate an expired Snickers bar
    They have a bunch of fresh ones at the corner store. And how long were in possession of this snickers s bar for it to expire?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    They have a bunch of fresh ones at the corner store. And how long were in possession of this snickers s bar for it to expire?
    I work in a retail pharmacy. I never buy chocolate. I wait for it to go expired so then I get it for free. Just expired this month. It was barely turning white, I'm sure I will survive.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    I work in a retail pharmacy. I never buy chocolate. I wait for it to go expired so then I get it for free. Just expired this month. It was barely turning white, I'm sure I will survive.
    Interesting. So do you guys count the days until the chocolates expire? Free snickers after all.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I just gained a pound reading this post lol
    I would like to clarify, we got coupons for the milkshakes, we didn?t get them then. But we can go in whenever for the free shake at least, it?s not a must-buy-something type coupon.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

My meal after doing an hour of Muay Thai:

1/2 cup quinoa
    1 avocado
    hot sauce

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust