Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possibly the last chance to buy Jarnkrok

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Possibly the last chance to buy Jarnkrok

I'll link the article at the bottom of this post, but I had Jarnkrok pegged this summer to be taking over the Pred's second line spot soon.

Laviolette has finally realized that Ribeiro is not a second line C in this league, and he has been tinkering over the last 8 games to sort it out (fully scratching Ribeiro in 3 of them). The last two games have seen Calle Jarnkrok centring a line with James Neal and Colin Wilson (Nashville's second line - avg ice time just under 20 minutes for the trio). In those last two games, Jarnkrok has put up 3 points (2G), 2 PIM, 2 PPP, 3 SOG, 24 FOW, 3 hits and two blocks. What kind of league is there where every team isn't looking for that kind of production from a depth player that has C and LW eligibility on Yahoo?

Jarnkrok also has it going for him that his PDO and 5on5 SH% are low, meaning there is room to regress positively to the norm. In addition, he is in his third full season now, and we may be seeing a spark of what we could expect in a fourth year breakout next season. Always fun to get on board with those right before they hit.

In my article from the summer I discuss the actual contract he signed and why it project to be a massive bargain. Even in non-cap leagues though, he may be worth a flier to ride out the season, and possibly into future years. Take a gander if you're interested (just ignore the swing and a miss at the end of the article featuring Jake Allen to this point in the season):
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...om-the-summer/
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Possibly the last chance to buy Jarnkrok

Thanks for the heads up, ill be keeping a close eye on him for next year, hoping he will be able to lay low enough to not be noticed by anyone in my leagues

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'll link the article at the bottom of this post, but I had Jarnkrok pegged this summer to be taking over the Pred's second line spot soon.

Laviolette has finally realized that Ribeiro is not a second line C in this league, and he has been tinkering over the last 8 games to sort it out (fully scratching Ribeiro in 3 of them). The last two games have seen Calle Jarnkrok centring a line with James Neal and Colin Wilson (Nashville's second line - avg ice time just under 20 minutes for the trio). In those last two games, Jarnkrok has put up 3 points (2G), 2 PIM, 2 PPP, 3 SOG, 24 FOW, 3 hits and two blocks. What kind of league is there where every team isn't looking for that kind of production from a depth player that has C and LW eligibility on Yahoo?

Jarnkrok also has it going for him that his PDO and 5on5 SH% are low, meaning there is room to regress positively to the norm. In addition, he is in his third full season now, and we may be seeing a spark of what we could expect in a fourth year breakout next season. Always fun to get on board with those right before they hit.

In my article from the summer I discuss the actual contract he signed and why it project to be a massive bargain. Even in non-cap leagues though, he may be worth a flier to ride out the season, and possibly into future years. Take a gander if you're interested (just ignore the swing and a miss at the end of the article featuring Jake Allen to this point in the season):
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...om-the-summer/
    Finally! This is the Jarnkrok I traded for in the summer. Watching him toil on the 4th line was so painful.

Banned

not buying. He is clearly a bottom 6 player only useful in the deepest of leagues. He's turning 26 in September.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    not buying. He is clearly a bottom 6 player only useful in the deepest of leagues. He's turning 26 in September.
    Would miss out on a lot of good players with that thinking.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm sitting meddling through a full-bore reconfiguration of my roster right now in a dynasty league. My C's are well... on the value side of things outside of Austin Matthews.

I have Mike Fisher as my #3 C, he's been really solid in all the peripherals this year 42PIM, 95H, 49BLKS & 55% FO%. Is he now slipping to 3rd line C, remaining as 3rd line C? I don't follow the depth charts or Preds THAT closely...

I'd like some insight as I'm sitting with a very solid 36yr old Fisher that I can't trade for peanuts. But I'd see a serious decline in this years peripheral production and that's where I'm keeping myself alive in matchups. Thoughts on hold or flip? Are we still seeing 55+pt upside here?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Would miss out on a lot of good players with that thinking.
    not really. What other player already 25 with over 2.5 seasons played will suddenly turn into something good (Points-wise)?

not really. What other player already 25 with over 2.5 seasons played will suddenly turn into something good (Points-wise)?
    Joe Pavelski, to name one literally off the top of my head. Alex Steen.

Banned

Joe Pavelski, to name one literally off the top of my head. Alex Steen.
    Wow, those are terrible comparisons. Jarnkrok has 27 points per 82 games so far in his career. Alex Steen had 45 points as a rookie, 42 points at age 24...Paveslki had 28 points in 46 games at age 23, 40 points at age 24 and 59 points at age 25.

You clearly didn't understand my point. This is a player who so far has proven to produce bottom six numbers, at age 25, with 200+ games played. What chance is there that he will even top 40 one day? Close to no chance.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i can see the preds acquiring a C via trade or FA to replace ribeiro. jarnkrok seems better as a bottom 6er that can step up if injuries hit, not a permanent solution (unless he breaks out like you guys said).

there's a rumor that they inquired about Duchene so they may be trying to fill that gap already.

- - - Updated - - -

i can see the preds acquiring a C via trade or FA to replace ribeiro. jarnkrok seems better as a bottom 6er that can step up if injuries hit, not a permanent solution (unless he breaks out like you guys said).

there's a rumor that they inquired about Duchene so they may be trying to fill that gap already.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Mike Hoffman is the 1st one that comes to my mind.. didn't even get into the NHL as a regular until he was 25... at least Jarnkrok was playing a regular role at 23... getting 2nd line opportunity same age as Hoffman... hmm.. ??

Wow, those are terrible comparisons. Jarnkrok has 27 points per 82 games so far in his career. Alex Steen had 45 points as a rookie, 42 points at age 24...Paveslki had 28 points in 46 games at age 23, 40 points at age 24 and 59 points at age 25.

You clearly didn't understand my point. This is a player who so far has proven to produce bottom six numbers, at age 25, with 200+ games played. What chance is there that he will even top 40 one day? Close to no chance.
    Will Jarnkrok turn into a first line star? No. Will he always be a 30 point player because he hasn't cracked that prior to age 25? Also no. Could he turn from a 30 point player to a 50 or 60 point player? Yea he could, just like many other players have become much better point producers later in their careers, see Alex Steen and Joe Pavelski.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Mike Hoffman is the 1st one that comes to my mind.. didn't even get into the NHL as a regular until he was 25... at least Jarnkrok was playing a regular role at 23... getting 2nd line opportunity same age as Hoffman... hmm.. ??
    not a good comparison either, but regardless, Jarnkrok just doesn't have that kind of skill. He hasn't shown anything in over 2.5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Will Jarnkrok turn into a first line star? No. Will he always be a 30 point player because he hasn't cracked that prior to age 25? Also no. Could he turn from a 30 point player to a 50 or 60 point player? Yea he could, just like many other players have become much better point producers later in their careers, see Alex Steen and Joe Pavelski.
    I just proved to you why those names should not be compared to Jarnkrok. They went from actually producing fine to producing more. Jarnkrok right now is producing nothing and has produced nothing for 2.5 seasons. If he was a top 6 player, he would have shown that before.

Dobber Sports Jedi

and mike Hoffman

Banned

Said it at the time last year, Jarnkrok himself has no faith he'll ever be a scorer. Otherwise he wouldn't sign the deal he did.