24 Bowers, Shane C Waterloo USHL
    25 Andersson, Lias LW HV71 SweE
    26 Jokiharju, Henri RD Portland WHL
    27 Suzuki, Nick C Owen Sound OHL
    28 Lind, Kole C Kelowna WHL
    29 Vesalainen, Kristian LW V. Frolunda SweE
    30 Formenton, Alex LW London OHL
    31 Anderson-Dolan, Jaret C Spokane WHL

Nolan Patrick (rank #1), Timothy Liljegren (rank #2) and Nico Hischier (rank #3) all remain untouched at the top of February?s Release of the ISS Top 31. Beyond that, the rankings see a slight shuffle from the previous month. In goal, the top spots remain status-quo with Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen and Jake Oettinger ranked first and second, respectively, for a second consecutive month. ISS Hockey Director of Scouting Dennis MacInnis has been impressed by the play of the top-ranked Luukkonen, stating, ?He is a large butterfly style goaltender that covers most of the net while possessing strong lateral movement with very good quickness and technique.?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: ISS Top 31 prospects ranked for Feb 2017

Surprising to see Hischier down to #3. I think he's making the same case Patrick Laine made last year. He's a big-time gamebreaker - reminds me of a grittier Patrick Kane. And Nolan Patrick is no Auston Matthews... I think we could end up seeing more discussions surrounding Hischier at #1 overall as we get closer to the draft.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Deity

Hischier was #3 last month too for ISS. Not sure why you say "down".

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I think it's just because people have been seeing him at #2 in the NA rankings.

I will be curious to see where Liljegren ends up getting drafted. I feel like he could go second, or drop similar to Cam Fowler years ago.

Also is it just me or does Suzuki seem a touch low?

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's just because people have been seeing him at #2 in the NA rankings.

I will be curious to see where Liljegren ends up getting drafted. I feel like he could go second, or drop similar to Cam Fowler years ago.

Also is it just me or does Suzuki seem a touch low?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Should be Patrick and Hischier 1 and 2. I think they are a cut above the rest.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

It's hard to judge Liljegren because I haven't seen much of him at all. The scouts love the kid though so there must be something there.

I am fortunate enough to get to see Hischier up front and personal at the Mooseheads games. The kid is unreal.

If the Avalanche get the 1st overall pick (you have to like their odds) one has to wonder if they don't go with the Dman this time instead of the forward due to their overall needs. These rankings are always fun to read but don't always portray the end result come draft time. Team needs sometimes come into play even though teams should go with the BPA at that stage of the draft. If Liljegren is close enough to Hischier and Patrick, there's certainly cause to believe he could go 1st overall.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Miro Heiskanen not on the list is just getting ridiculous. This is from the TSN Mid-Season Draft Ranking:

13. Finnish blueliner Miro Heiskanen of IFK is also in the mix for top defenceman in this draft and the last of the prospects who got some consideration for being in the top five of the entire draft. Four scouts had him in their Top 10, including one vote as high as third overall. He's a solid skating and puck-moving blueliner.
    "in the mix for top defenceman in this draft", "consideration for being in the top five of the entire draft"... And ISS probably has no idea who he is.

Dobber Sports Sage

Hey J-P, you are the resident Euro expert around here. Who are the best European players who project as NHL centers in this draft?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Hey J-P, you are the resident Euro expert around here. Who are the best European players who project as NHL centers in this draft?
    I'm only familiar with the projected 1st rounders at this point but from them, it's slim pickings. The two Finns (Tolvanen and Vesalainen) are pure wingers. I know the Finnish players really well but I'll do my best to dig some information about the others. Here we go...

Klim Kostin is marked as 'C' here but EliteProspects list him as RW. He only played 8 games in the KHL and didn't take a single FO (then again his ice-time was only 4:28 on average). In MHL, he's played a total of 31 games (over two years) and took 27 FO. So just based on the numbers from the past two years, I'd say he doesn't play center. He just hasn't really played much this season, so very difficult to say.

Elias Pettersson took 187 FO in 33 games this season and that was only the 7th highest total from his team. But he did win 51.87% of them which was 3rd best from that group. Unfortunately I haven't seen him play outside the WJC, so I can't say if his game is better suited for center or wing. He scored 15 goals in 33 games but he only took 80 SOG (18.75 SH%), so it doesn't look like he's a big time shooter. That could tell that center is the better position for him because he can create plays from there.

Martin Necas took 324 FO in 35 games (3rd most on the team) but only won 42.28% of them. Lias Andersson took 234 FO in 32 games (6th highest on team) but only won 46.58% of them. I'm wondering if these guys are big enough to play center at the NHL level. Marcus Davidsson is listed as C/W but he only took 86 FO in 34 games (and only won 34.88% of them).

All in all, you may want to focus on North American players if you need a center. If I had to guess, I would probably take my chances with Pettersson and Necas.

Dobber Sports Sage

Great stuff J+P, thanks. I'm definitely looking C in the first round for my prospect draft this fall. My farm is loaded with wingers and Barzal is my only C as of now. Would like to find a big strong kid who isnt drafted in the top 3 who could develop along the lines of Johansen or Schiefele. I will take a look at the NA guys, there are several who appear to be projected as Cs that should be available at my pick. Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Rasmussen and Glass will be the group I am probably going to get to pick from.