Thread: Goallies are sinking me

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goallies are sinking me

I have Gibson who has been good, but my others:

Mrazek
    Helly
    Lehner(just added)

Are not so good to be kind. I have Howard on IR but I am not expecting him to be of much help. FA's include Pavelec, Elliot, Raanta, Markstrom, Neurvith. Anything there than can be of help? I can't decide if Mrazek and Helly are drops at this point in a one year league. I would love to get down to 3 goalies as there are some decent fa skaters but open to suggestions. Thanks!!

Thanks!
    C : Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Tavares
    LW: Hoffman, Gaudreau, , Lee, Kane
    RW: Atkinson, Eberle, Radulov(LW), Ehlers,(LW)
    D: Karlsson, Trouba, Ristolainen
    G: Rantaa, Gibson, Hellebuyck, Lehner
    IR: Howard

Non-Keeper, 10 teams, H2H, G, A, Pts +/-, PIM, Hits, SOG, PPP, W, GAA, Sv%, SO, SV, Start 2 each pos, 4 D, 2 Util

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Goallies are sinking me

You are better off than me. I have Bishop, Vasi and Hellebuyck. At least you have Gibson...

Dobber Sports Titan

I would drop Mrazek. With the three headed goalie carousel there, I think you can get more and better stats elsewhere, even in the FA pile.

- - - Updated - - -

I would drop Mrazek. With the three headed goalie carousel there, I think you can get more and better stats elsewhere, even in the FA pile.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Agreed on dropping Mrazek... Det. looks kinda like NYI. just eww. I'd consider adding Elliott with the hope he puts together a solid back half of the season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

I feel your pain. Was running a Bishop/Elliott tandem for the first 40 games...and now I'm looking to next year.

Don't add Elliott. It's clear that he's a product of the defense in front of him and I don't see CAL improving defensively anytime soon.

Given your options, I'm not sure there's a better option than what you already have but put a gun to my head, I'd drop Mrazek for Raanta. Fewer starts but they'll be quality ones.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel your pain. Was running a Bishop/Elliott tandem for the first 40 games...and now I'm looking to next year.

Don't add Elliott. It's clear that he's a product of the defense in front of him and I don't see CAL improving defensively anytime soon.

Given your options, I'm not sure there's a better option than what you already have but put a gun to my head, I'd drop Mrazek for Raanta. Fewer starts but they'll be quality ones.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12