Thread: Revisiting my last keeper choice

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Revisiting my last keeper choice

12 team, keep 6 H2H league, R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OBP, K, XBH / W, SV, K, ERA, Whip, QS, CG

I have an idea on who I'm going with, but just thought I would get some other views in case someone sees something that I don't.
    My last keeper slot will be used on one of C. Kluber, N. Syndergaard or J.D. Martinez.

Currently have Votto, Arenado, Bogaerts, Blackmon and Scherzer locked in as my other 5.

Appreciate any thoughts on the last slot. Thanks!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Revisiting my last keeper choice

Tough between Kluber and Syndergaard for me but I think Kluber will have less ups and downs.

Dobber Sports Titan

So no interest for you in Martinez? If not then any reason for that?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Ace

Comparable in value I guess. To me starting pitching of that level trumps.

Dobber Sports Titan

I’d like Thor. With his K ability, he can get up there to Mad Max level. He’s the higher ceiling than Kluber, but Kluber has the higher floor. The way Thor throws he looks like he has a high chance at really hurting himself. Another thing is I do think the perceived value of Syndergaard is higher based on him lighting the radar up, and getting on TV more.

Syndergaard can get 230Ks (10.5k/9IP), 2.70ERA, 1.00WHIP, 14-16W season. But he’s never thrown over 185IP (183.2 last yr was his highest). But that’s if he plays the whole season, and who knows with someone who can pump it up to 100mph.

Kluber can be 220ks (9.5k/9IP), 3.35ERA (AL), 1.20WHIP, 14-16W season. I don’t think you can bank on a 18W season, that’s just so hard to do.

- - - Updated - - -

I?d like Thor. With his K ability, he can get up there to Mad Max level. He?s the higher ceiling than Kluber, but Kluber has the higher floor. The way Thor throws he looks like he has a high chance at really hurting himself. Another thing is I do think the perceived value of Syndergaard is higher based on him lighting the radar up, and getting on TV more.

Syndergaard can get 230Ks (10.5k/9IP), 2.70ERA, 1.00WHIP, 14-16W season. But he?s never thrown over 185IP (183.2 last yr was his highest). But that?s if he plays the whole season, and who knows with someone who can pump it up to 100mph.

Kluber can be 220ks (9.5k/9IP), 3.35ERA (AL), 1.20WHIP, 14-16W season. I don?t think you can bank on a 18W season, that?s just so hard to do.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

You woul keep Votto before Martinez? Personally I like the power of Martinez and the k's from Thor.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Titan

In our league with the cats as they are Ks being negative, counting OBP etc, Votto is an extremely valuable guy. I toyed with the idea of letting him go, but I'm not sure I can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

In our league with the cats as they are Ks being negative, counting OBP etc, Votto is an extremely valuable guy. I toyed with the idea of letting him go, but I'm not sure I can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with Thor is his injuries. I know you can't project future injuries, but he just seems like a blown up arm waiting to happen, and if I'm competing this year I don't want to be losing one of my top 6 picks.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with Thor is his injuries. I know you can't project future injuries, but he just seems like a blown up arm waiting to happen, and if I'm competing this year I don't want to be losing one of my top 6 picks.

Dobber Sports Ace

It's true that Syndergaard will cause worry for injury unless he stays healthy for a full season. I just think there's still more to come from the guy.

Dobber Sports Titan

Completely agree. He looks like he has all the tools to be a dominant top 3 guy in the game at some point. I was leaning towards Martinez at the start just because I find SP is so much easier to get than solid hitters.

I appreciate all the feedback guys, and I'll have to look into who is getting kept/tossed back in then can make up my mind closer to the draft.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely agree. He looks like he has all the tools to be a dominant top 3 guy in the game at some point. I was leaning towards Martinez at the start just because I find SP is so much easier to get than solid hitters.

I appreciate all the feedback guys, and I'll have to look into who is getting kept/tossed back in then can make up my mind closer to the draft.

Dobber Sports Titan

The O-Ranks will change a bunch between now and March/April, which will help you choose a keeper. It’s all about re-draft potential to me. If Synder has a crap spring he could drop to O-Rank 40, maybe he gets hurt and drops to 80s. If that happens he’ll be easier to redraft then a O-Rank 25 Kluber, or JD Martinez.

- - - Updated - - -

The O-Ranks will change a bunch between now and March/April, which will help you choose a keeper. It?s all about re-draft potential to me. If Synder has a crap spring he could drop to O-Rank 40, maybe he gets hurt and drops to 80s. If that happens he?ll be easier to redraft then a O-Rank 25 Kluber, or JD Martinez.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah there is that too. I'm not going to lock myself into anything yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah there is that too. I'm not going to lock myself into anything yet.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I like keeping Thor here. Poised to continue his dominance and the fact that you have almost half pitching categories makes me think you want another SP to keep.

Added a thread with a question about XBH as a cat...as I see you have it.