Thread: Royal Rumble

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Royal Rumble

I get sort of back into wrestling every January because of the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. Something about the Rumble that is just so unique and fun.

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Royal Rumble

Anyone.....?

Dobber Sports Master

Hulk Hogan makes a surprise appearance and leg drops the entire roster. Even Vince McMahon.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Star

Personally, I definitely liked it, but it did have some moments that I didn't like. I like the tension they are building for an obvious split with Cesaro and Sheamus. I like the tension they are building in the Wyatt family, potentially setting up an Orton vs Bray Wyatt feud? I thought that the Rumble itself was really good, with a couple of minor quibbles.

I LOVED Ric Flair. No question, Charlotte has a TON of talent and athleticism. I am not sure exactly what it is, but I just don't like Charlotte. I wish I did. I also have heard, that outside the ring, she is amazing. Always posing with young fans and signing autographs. She makes a ton of time for people and plays a huge role in her community. These are things that I really respect in athletes. But, for whatever reason, I don't like her...

The match between Bayley and Charlotte was good. I just hope that they aren't setting up Bayley to be Banks II, which, I think they are...

I was shocked that Seth Rollins didn't make an appearance at the Rumble, despite the drama of Sami Zayn taking his spot and Steph banning him from the arena.

The match between Owens and Reigns was awesome. For a big fat guy, Owens is fantastic; in my opinion, Owens is hands down the better technical wrestler than Reigns.

The match between AJ and Cena was amazing; People are talking match of the year potential.

As for the Rumble itself... I like where they are going with Braun Strowman and the "He's Indestructible" angle. I really like where they are going with Lesnar and Goldberg, setting up that Goldberg has Lesnar's number is awesome and it builds well to whatever is coming (Paul Heyman's ring promo on Monday Night Raw was legendary). When there was only 4 people left, my thought was that Jericho was going to win (Something he deserves), and have them set up a match between best friends, Owens and Jericho (Which, without a doubt, is coming). In the end, I am ok with Orton winning it all.

For the life of me, I have no idea why the WWE is continually shoving Roman Reigns down our throats. In my opinion, he is unquestionably the worst of Shield. The 30 spot goes to Reigns and he eliminates Taker... A good friend of mine is suggesting that they are setting up Reigns to be the biggest Heel in WWE history, which be good with me.

Rylant

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I definitely liked it, but it did have some moments that I didn't like. I like the tension they are building for an obvious split with Cesaro and Sheamus. I like the tension they are building in the Wyatt family, potentially setting up an Orton vs Bray Wyatt feud? I thought that the Rumble itself was really good, with a couple of minor quibbles.

I LOVED Ric Flair. No question, Charlotte has a TON of talent and athleticism. I am not sure exactly what it is, but I just don't like Charlotte. I wish I did. I also have heard, that outside the ring, she is amazing. Always posing with young fans and signing autographs. She makes a ton of time for people and plays a huge role in her community. These are things that I really respect in athletes. But, for whatever reason, I don't like her...

The match between Bayley and Charlotte was good. I just hope that they aren't setting up Bayley to be Banks II, which, I think they are...

I was shocked that Seth Rollins didn't make an appearance at the Rumble, despite the drama of Sami Zayn taking his spot and Steph banning him from the arena.

The match between Owens and Reigns was awesome. For a big fat guy, Owens is fantastic; in my opinion, Owens is hands down the better technical wrestler than Reigns.

The match between AJ and Cena was amazing; People are talking match of the year potential.

As for the Rumble itself... I like where they are going with Braun Strowman and the "He's Indestructible" angle. I really like where they are going with Lesnar and Goldberg, setting up that Goldberg has Lesnar's number is awesome and it builds well to whatever is coming (Paul Heyman's ring promo on Monday Night Raw was legendary). When there was only 4 people left, my thought was that Jericho was going to win (Something he deserves), and have them set up a match between best friends, Owens and Jericho (Which, without a doubt, is coming). In the end, I am ok with Orton winning it all.

For the life of me, I have no idea why the WWE is continually shoving Roman Reigns down our throats. In my opinion, he is unquestionably the worst of Shield. The 30 spot goes to Reigns and he eliminates Taker... A good friend of mine is suggesting that they are setting up Reigns to be the biggest Heel in WWE history, which be good with me.

Rylant