Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pavalec Experiment Over Yet?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Pavalec Experiment Over Yet?

4 games... 3, 3, 3 and 4 goals allowed. Would like to see the Jets move on from the idea that Pavalec is gonna save their season and get back to letting Hellebuyck develop. Baptism by fire style if necessary.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Pavalec Experiment Over Yet?

Yes, I agree. Maurice may not be around much longer if he continues down this stubborn path too long....
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

The Great One

You're ignoring the fact that despite the goals against he has a winning record and when I watched him (v St Louis) actually looked OK... Loses his next two and the experiment will definitely be over though
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    You're ignoring the fact that despite the goals against he has a winning record and when I watched him (v St Louis) actually looked OK... Loses his next two and the experiment will definitely be over though
    2 wins 2 loses in 4 games. But who's counting
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Pro

He will get his share of starts. If Hellybuck starts all the games, he may continue to get shelled and kill his confidence. Clearly he is not ready for the sole number one spot yet.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    He was on the winning team in those two games because his teammates put up 5 and 6 goals. He did not "win" those two games for his team, he just managed not to give up 6 and 7 goals and lose. He is sporting a 3.31 GAA and a .894 save%. Despite his recent struggles, Hellebuyck has a 2.82 GAA and .907 save%. I don't see any merit to sticking with Pavelec going forward.... even for another two games.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    He was on the winning team in those two games because his teammates put up 5 and 6 goals. He did not "win" those two games for his team, he just managed not to give up 6 and 7 goals and lose. He is sporting a 3.31 GAA and a .894 save%. Despite his recent struggles, Hellebuyck has a 2.82 GAA and .907 save%. I don't see any merit to sticking with Pavelec going forward.... even for another two games.
    I would argue he still deserves some rope to see how he does. Two more games sounds about right.

Against ARI, he was decent, giving up three goals on 33 shots is average and better than what they've been getting.

He won them the STL game. They were outshot 37 to 29. He made 25 saves in the second period alone while it was a close game, and his team woke up in the 3rd.

Against ANA he was again average, about what they've been getting elsewhere.

Against SJS was his 3rd game in 4 nights and a back to back. He wasn't very good, but you have to give him a pass on that one as that's a lot for any goalie to handle.

Dobber Sports Titan

I do agree with the point that 2 more games is about how much longer than can stand to have Pavelec in. If he wins both, it gets extended by another two games or so.
    I too would love to see Helle get the experience though and come on strong next year.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree with the point that 2 more games is about how much longer than can stand to have Pavelec in. If he wins both, it gets extended by another two games or so.
    I too would love to see Helle get the experience though and come on strong next year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think it matter who's in nets for the Jets. Their D isn't great.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I wonder if they'll eventually waive/demote Hutchinson and run with just Pav and Helly.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

I''l agree with Axe here.

It may be a matter of just getting Helle out of the line of fire before his confidence was utterly shot, if it wasn't already.

I'd expect them to put Helle in for a start pretty soon, just to get a reading of where his head's at.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I wonder if they'll eventually waive/demote Hutchinson and run with just Pav and Helly.
    I don't think they can risk losing him on waivers as he is the goalie they have to protect for the expansion draft. Helly doesn't count and Pavs is a ufa.

The WPG media loves Pavs, and always has, hence why he is back up. They kept writing and writing about it, same with some talking heads on Sportsnet. But at best he should just split start with Helly. Giving him the B2B starts was an awful idea his record in B2B is like 2-12 with a sub-.880sv% .. Maurice probably fired soon, but if we have learned anything from Chevy it is that he doesn't do anything quickly haha
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I''l agree with Axe here.

It may be a matter of just getting Helle out of the line of fire before his confidence was utterly shot, if it wasn't already.

I'd expect them to put Helle in for a start pretty soon, just to get a reading of where his head's at.
    I mean, Helly did put up a 28 save shut out right before his two games that he got pulled early in. Vasilevskiy recently had a much more prolonged run of just god awful results and looked like his confidence was utterly shot. Now he has 1.84 GAA and .938 save % over his last 4 games. If your young supposedly future stud goalie is able to have his psyche rocked so hard that it causes permanent damage if you continue to put him out there, then he probably isn't a future stud goalie! If they had a veteran option that was clearly better than Hellebuyck then I'd say go for it... but Pavelec isn't that guy. He has a career save% of .907 for God sakes. Hellebuyck's is .912 and he is 23 years old. Let him work through adversity this season so that next season he is ready to be the guy. This is so clear cut and obvious to me, so that means I am probably just an idiot.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I mean, Helly did put up a 28 save shut out right before his two games that he got pulled early in. Vasilevskiy recently had a much more prolonged run of just god awful results and looked like his confidence was utterly shot. Now he has 1.84 GAA and .938 save % over his last 4 games. If your young supposedly future stud goalie is able to have his psyche rocked so hard that it causes permanent damage if you continue to put him out there, then he probably isn't a future stud goalie! If they had a veteran option that was clearly better than Hellebuyck then I'd say go for it... but Pavelec isn't that guy. He has a career save% of .907 for God sakes. Hellebuyck's is .912 and he is 23 years old. Let him work through adversity this season so that next season he is ready to be the guy. This is so clear cut and obvious to me, so that means I am probably just an idiot.
    Well then I am an Idiot too I guess because I agree with this completely. If anything, discarding Hellebuyck and Hutchison aside and calling up Pavelec in this fashion may actually end up doing more harm than good IMO. I think Maurice needs to take a few deep breathes and make his decisions in a calmer state of mind.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    2 wins 2 loses in 4 games. But who's counting
    Well it's not a losing record
    Experience is the teacher of all things.