Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Had to bring my 14 year old Terrier to the Veterinarian Hospital tonight. He threw up 3 times today which I think is bile. It was a clear like substance that had a terrible smell to it. He ate some of our carpet and he started throwing that up and I kept pulling what I could out of him but not all of it came out, I was afraid he was going to choke if I kept yanking on it. He became very lethargic, then I made the decision to call the hospital. Man, I feel sad right now. Had this dog since it was 4 or 5 weeks old. Out of all my family he always gravitates to me all the time. When everyone else goes to sleep he will follow me to my room and either sleep at my feet or lay down in front of my bed. They did blood work on him and said his kidneys and pancreas aren't working very well and is dehydrated. He is being kept on IV overnight and will be re-evaluated in the morning. The vets said they didn't seem to think it was to the extreme where they're thinking it would be a good idea to put him down, but it was not good right now. I'm going to visit him in the morning, was a little worried how he would react to staying at a different place overnight but he was calm.
    dogs are resourceful, they adapt.. sometimes they stress a bit during, but they adapt. the fact he's throwing up the carpet is a good thing. might take a day or two....

unlike my heeler a few years back, he use to attack our mop. he would eat the strings. that.. he didn't throw back up.. he pooped it out, well most of it.. his poop would dangle like 6 inches from his ass hanging from a mop string. he's squat, stare at me, and whine. ugh... the worst was on a trail hike, I had no poop bag, had to take a stick, twirl the string around it and pull it out...

why do dogs eat random shit? they know it's not food, but they eat anyway? fingers crossed buddy.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    dogs are resourceful, they adapt.. sometimes they stress a bit during, but they adapt. the fact he's throwing up the carpet is a good thing. might take a day or two....

unlike my heeler a few years back, he use to attack our mop. he would eat the strings. that.. he didn't throw back up.. he pooped it out, well most of it.. his poop would dangle like 6 inches from his ass hanging from a mop string. he's squat, stare at me, and whine. ugh... the worst was on a trail hike, I had no poop bag, had to take a stick, twirl the string around it and pull it out...

why do dogs eat random shit? they know it's not food, but they eat anyway? fingers crossed buddy.
    Thanks buddy. I'm still worried about him since they leave him and the other 3 or so dogs by themselves until 7:30 or 8 in the morning. I just hope he doesn't start trying to throw up that carpet, its the long stringy stuff and sometimes he would struggle with it. Am praying but at the same time I know he needs his IV. They said they would give him something so he won't throw up. Fingers crossed.

Dobber Sports Monster

So far so good when it comes to my dog. Visited him at the vet this morning. He seemed more lively than last night. He even went a little crazy when they tried to give him some food, they said that is a very good sign. If he doesn't throw up the rest of the day then he will be released this evening.

Dobber Sports Monster

I have picked out my next two courses to take this coming semester block. Each block is six weeks. I will be taking "Intro to Professional Writing" and "Intro to University Writing". If I take summer school then I should be able to get my Associate of Arts Degree by the end of next year. Should be fun.

Dobber Sports Deity

Watching a Bob Dylan 30th anniversary tribute concert on AXS TV right now (there's no way I am wasting my time watching Switzerland vs Belarus on TSN for the WJC) and seeing some of these great talents that are no longer with us. Really makes me wonder how the hell did Willie Nelson and Dylan outlive some of these greats that we have lost.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Went mattress shopping today for the first time in 17 years. Holy sh*t! The incline/decline mattresses are ridiculous. They have Columbia pillows with cooling technology. I see a king size dual control mattress in the not-so-distant future.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Jedi

I can't get over the sticker shock of new clothes.. I'm way to friggin' cheap for these prices.

Dobber Sports Monster

I can't get over the sticker shock of new clothes.. I'm way to friggin' cheap for these prices.
    I know, I was going to buy a sweater and seen it was $80 and decided not to ... I use to never be this cheap. I remember back in 2008 when I was on Employment Insurance after finishing a contract at a Copper mine I was blowing $400-$500 monthly just on clothes. Sweaters, jeans, shoes. But then again I was 20 years old and havin fun.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Went mattress shopping today for the first time in 17 years. Holy sh*t! The incline/decline mattresses are ridiculous. They have Columbia pillows with cooling technology. I see a king size dual control mattress in the not-so-distant future.
    Before getting into the military, I used to work for a retail company that dabbled in mattresses. It would probably shock/scare you to know how much mark up there is in mattresses. It's filthy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Before getting into the military, I used to work for a retail company that dabbled in mattresses. It would probably shock/scare you to know how much mark up there is in mattresses. It's filthy.
    must be in bed with the theatres and restaurants for the ridiculous markup on soft drinks and popcorn....
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    must be in bed with the theatres and restaurants for the ridiculous markup on soft drinks and popcorn....
    a canister of syrup is like $60 or something... it does over 1000 soda's and now they charge something like $3.25 or even $3.99 at some places. in retrospect, beer is becoming more affordable as a result. -- as long as the place doesn't serve you a 'pint' in a 15 or 16 oz. sleeve.

Dobber Sports Jedi

There is no snow in the forecast. it makes perfect sense for it to look like a blizzard outside at +5 degrees... Vancouver Island bout to be shut down!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    So far so good when it comes to my dog. Visited him at the vet this morning. He seemed more lively than last night. He even went a little crazy when they tried to give him some food, they said that is a very good sign. If he doesn't throw up the rest of the day then he will be released this evening.
    Didn't see this until. Hope all is well with your dog. How is she doing? I had a westie that I had to put down a couple years ago. Had that dog for 15.5 years and she was my faithful companion. Still miss her.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Didn't see this until. Hope all is well with your dog. How is she doing? I had a westie that I had to put down a couple years ago. Had that dog for 15.5 years and she was my faithful companion. Still miss her.
    He's doing fantastic now. I have to give him medication twice a day. Thought for sure we would have had to put him down though, he didn't look good at all. He pooped out the rest of that rug too. Was scary seeing all the water and bile he threw up all over our carpet that day, 3 or 4 times. But yeah so far so good! Thanks for asking. And sorry to hear about your dog, they are just like family.

Dobber Sports Sage

Prices are ridiculous for so many things. We don't go to the movies and rarely ever get fast food or go out to eat. I buy very few clothes compared to the average person. Before we had kids, my wife and I often went to the mall as a "date" and I was a bargain shopper hitting the clearance rack. I have a half dozen Eddie Bauer sweaters that were all under $20 and those don't go out of style. If your size doesn't change, you rarely wear out shirts, sweaters, or jackets. I still routinely wear sweaters and shirts that I bought 5-10 years ago. I have been trying to whittle down my wardrobe through natural attrition for a couple years but it's a slow process.