Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I had my bank call me saying they froze my credit card because, "there was an odd charge of $6 at (the bar/place where i play ball hockey)". I said, "that was a beer i bought after the hockey game", the guy responded "Oh ok, usually the charges are higher there so it looked suspicious". I don't know if I should thank them or yell at them for chirping me for having only one beer.
    Lol! That's so odd; especially if they know you make regular purchases there! I mean, I love the work that their security department does but some times, the agents need to use some good old common sense.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Lol! That's so odd; especially if they know you make regular purchases there! I mean, I love the work that their security department does but some times, the agents need to use some good old common sense.
    Ya like, I can't really be mad, it didn't inconvenience me at all as I didn't go to use my credit card when they froze it. But the purchase was Sunday (1pm-ish) and they called me Monday (4:30pm-ish). So I have no clue when they "caught this". I've actually never had a credit card compromised and my debit card last was compromised back in like 2005, so I'm curious if they just wanted to show they were there.

Like I've been in the states without telling them using my credit card and they don't block it, I go down the block and make a purchase and that's the red flag?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Ya like, I can't really be mad, it didn't inconvenience me at all as I didn't go to use my credit card when they froze it. But the purchase was Sunday (1pm-ish) and they called me Monday (4:30pm-ish). So I have no clue when they "caught this".
    It was probably a new agent trying to fill in his ''flagging'' quotas. This is what I thought it would look like after drinking my 5th coffee today:

- BOSS: Remember to hand in your complete flagging lists for the month by 5pm tonight!

- AGENT: Huh? ... (turns his PC on)

*29 mins later*

- BOSS: OK, 1 minute left
    - AGENT: (scrolling through thousands of transactions... falls onto yours... sees the lower amount compared to previous purchases at the arena and then adds it to his quota list)

- BOSS: Times up, please step back from your keyboards (collects the different files)... (turns to the agent and says) ''Good job lad, you've reached your monthly quota''

- AGENT:
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Dobber Sports Monster

Finally won my first money hockey pool. 302 box pool entries and i got 1st place and beat out 2nd place by 1 pt. $500 for 1st and $300 for 2nd. Paid top 10. I took the newspaper and am going to frame it lol. Had a pretty good year. My total winnings were $1800 and paid $544 into hockey pools this year.

#analytics lol

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Finally won my first money hockey pool. 302 box pool entries and i got 1st place and beat out 2nd place by 1 pt. $500 for 1st and $300 for 2nd. Paid top 10. I took the newspaper and am going to frame it lol. Had a pretty good year. My total winnings were $1800 and paid $544 into hockey pools this year.

#analytics lol
    Big congrats and nice to see it paying off!
    I will caution you not to throw it all away next year though
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Big congrats and nice to see it paying off!
    I will caution you not to throw it all away next year though
    lol no. am already working on my lists. have about 500 players listed and projected, just nit picking and making changes here and there. going to tinker on it for another 40-50 hours before the season starts i imagine lol

Dobber Sports Ninja

I had my bank call me saying they froze my credit card because, "there was an odd charge of $6 at (the bar/place where i play ball hockey)". I said, "that was a beer i bought after the hockey game", the guy responded "Oh ok, usually the charges are higher there so it looked suspicious". I don't know if I should thank them or yell at them for chirping me for having only one beer.
    It could be worse, you could have booked some Air Canada flights, gone to the airport and have them tell you that you are no longer going on your trip due to fraud prevention measures. I guess you could purchase another ticket...at a greatly increased cost from when you initially booked it. Oh, they refunded you your money, and then FORGOT to let you know or contact you before they took this action. This sounds dirty to me. No, wait, it actually sounds like a brilliant business work around. Someone buys a seat sale ticket. A few days later, the airline refunds your money without contacting you, so you might not know about it before you head off to the airport, only to find out that you are no longer booked on the flight. What are your options? Don't go on your planned trip or buy another ticket at a greatly increased cost!!! Wow. Just wow! Now I've got to check my credit card every few days after booking my fricking flights!? Thanks Air Canada...I only hope other airlines don't catch on to this slick way to increase their bottom line.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    It could be worse, you could have booked some Air Canada flights, gone to the airport and have them tell you that you are no longer going on your trip due to fraud prevention measures. I guess you could purchase another ticket...at a greatly increased cost from when you initially booked it. Oh, they refunded you your money, and then FORGOT to let you know or contact you before they took this action. This sounds dirty to me. No, wait, it actually sounds like a brilliant business work around. Someone buys a seat sale ticket. A few days later, the airline refunds your money without contacting you, so you might not know about it before you head off to the airport, only to find out that you are no longer booked on the flight. What are your options? Don't go on your planned trip or buy another ticket at a greatly increased cost!!! Wow. Just wow! Now I've got to check my credit card every few days after booking my fricking flights!? Thanks Air Canada...I only hope other airlines don't catch on to this slick way to increase their bottom line.
    Holy, ya I lucked out compared to you! I even got to drink my beer (locked out after). I've never had to deal with this, that sucks so much.

Was it Air Canada or your credit card that voided the transaction?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Holy, ya I lucked out compared to you! I even got to drink my beer (locked out after). I've never had to deal with this, that sucks so much.

Was it Air Canada or your credit card that voided the transaction?
    Oh jeez, I had to reread what I wrote - this never happened to me personally...yet. I saw it on TV and read an article in the newspaper about it happening to a couple people and I'm a frequent traveler, so it freaks me out. Now I'm paranoid that it's going to happen to me.

It's Air Canada fraud detection doing this...how convenient if you ask me. Follow the money. Who ultimately profits from this? Air Canada. They should be contacting the card holder and confirming that a ticket was purchased instead of automatically refunding the money and not informing the card holder directly. That's just dirty and honestly, people are out legitimate money when they have to rebook at a much higher cost or not go on vacation/work trip.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Oh jeez, I had to reread what I wrote - this never happened to me personally...yet. I saw it on TV and read an article in the newspaper about it happening to a couple people and I'm a frequent traveler, so it freaks me out. Now I'm paranoid that it's going to happen to me.

It's Air Canada fraud detection doing this...how convenient if you ask me. Follow the money. Who ultimately profits from this? Air Canada. They should be contacting the card holder and confirming that a ticket was purchased instead of automatically refunding the money and not informing the card holder directly. That's just dirty and honestly, people are out legitimate money when they have to rebook at a much higher cost or not go on vacation/work trip.
    Yes, but keep an eye on your monthly credit card history tho. You'd see it instantly.

The Trews are great live. Saw them last night.

Dobber Sports Titan

Instead of an old school business card, people should just hand a card with a QR code on it and when you take a picture of the barcode it adds all the persons info automatically to your phone.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Instead of an old school business card, people should just hand a card with a QR code on it and when you take a picture of the barcode it adds all the persons info automatically to your phone.
    These have existed for years. The trouble comes in standardization of formats and having a major software manufacture adopt the method.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there are already existing 3rd party apps that can do this.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    These have existed for years. The trouble comes in standardization of formats and having a major software manufacture adopt the method.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there are already existing 3rd party apps that can do this.
    Where it scans and picks up an old school card and guesses at a new contact? That would be even sweeter.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Where it scans and picks up an old school card and guesses at a new contact? That would be even sweeter.
    That would be awesome! Especially if it always worked smoothly

I know blackberry implemented something like that for BBM like 5 years ago, so you could scan each others QR code instead of having to exchange any information.
    BBM disappeared off the face of the map not long after