Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Random thoughts

Throughout the day you swallow air via eating, talking, drinking, and other ways. Sometimes it passes through the stomach while avoiding burping. This air is mostly Carbon Dioxide and Nitrogen. This is the ordorless ones. These are also your bang loud ones. Short and loud. It’s because it’s a large volume of trapped air going through a pretty consistent sized hole. These do smell a bit, but it’s diluted by the swallowed air.

If it’s not swallowed air, it’s a by-product from our food, which are the smelly ones. So when your food goes through your body, the smelly air is actually pretty small in volume, so due to simple science/laws of physics, it’s a small amount of air going through a hole, thus more of a phussssss sound. Silent and deadly (sulphur compounds from the “decomposing food”)

That’s what I think.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Throughout the day you swallow air via eating, talking, drinking, and other ways. Sometimes it passes through the stomach while avoiding burping. This air is mostly Carbon Dioxide and Nitrogen. This is the ordorless ones. These are also your bang loud ones. Short and loud. It’s because it’s a large volume of trapped air going through a pretty consistent sized hole. These do smell a bit, but it’s diluted by the swallowed air.

If it’s not swallowed air, it’s a by-product from our food, which are the smelly ones. So when your food goes through your body, the smelly air is actually pretty small in volume, so due to simple science/laws of physics, it’s a small amount of air going through a hole, thus more of a phussssss sound. Silent and deadly (sulphur compounds from the “decomposing food”)

That’s what I sthink.
    I like it OG! Makes sents
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sage

So here is my question- I am taking an online class and one of the main assignments is to read a textbook and complete a bunch of questions and graphic organizers for each chapter- pretty standard stuff. They sent me a 18-page word document with all the questions and graphic organizers that I will complete and send back. There is approximately 1 misspelled word or typo on every single page. Do I correct them as I complete the packet? My wife says not to but I think it is kinda rude to leave them in the document when it is obvious that I saw them. How say you?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    So here is my question- I am taking an online class and one of the main assignments is to read a textbook and complete a bunch of questions and graphic organizers for each chapter- pretty standard stuff. They sent me a 18-page word document with all the questions and graphic organizers that I will complete and send back. There is approximately 1 misspelled word or typo on every single page. Do I correct them as I complete the packet? My wife says not to but I think it is kinda rude to leave them in the document when it is obvious that I saw them. How say you?
    Yes... I would correct them! I understand how it is kinda rude... but its not like you are trying to be rude and it is their mistake.

Dobber Sports Star

I would be less concerned with the creators feelings, and more concerned about the intelligence of the people I'm paying to teach me. What kind of course is this?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I would be less concerned with the creators feelings, and more concerned about the intelligence of the people I'm paying to teach me. What kind of course is this?
    It's a common core science standards course. I need to take some classes for a continuing education component of my job. I'm learning something so I am fine with it. It is time-consuming though.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

Sure, correct those errors. Just better hope the person you are calling out as incompetent isn't the same person tasked with correcting your answers. Oh oh! Would certainly make things more interesting.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

Correct them. I would even personally do them in red too so they really see it if I'm confident in my knowledge of the course (doesn't sound like it would be a black or white answer class but up to the teacher to determine if you made good points). If you're worried about the teacher getting offended, make a note saying that spell check picked up misspelled words in the questions.

Dobber Sports Monster

looks like im going to win my first ever hockey pool. entered a $10 box pool 300 entrents and went from 2nd to 1st in one week and picked all the possible pittsburgh and nashville players. $500 for first.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    looks like im going to win my first ever hockey pool. entered a $10 box pool 300 entrents and went from 2nd to 1st in one week and picked all the possible pittsburgh and nashville players. $500 for first.
    Congrats! that is an awesome feeling eh!?>

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Congrats! that is an awesome feeling eh!?>
    Yep. Kind of weird in a way, I had a 2nd place in a pts keeper, 2nd in a 1 year pts league...so if i got another 2nd place i was going to go nuts! haha. I told my brother "I can call myself an expert now" lololol

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Congrats SM! This is your year (pools, weight loss journey, ...)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

I love how there's a consumer report on anything. Wiper blades, sunscreen, vacuum cleaners, printers, car batteries, credit cards!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Everyone needs to download the weather app "What's The Forcast?" - go to settings once you open it and turn swearing ON.

#bestweatheappever
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

I had my bank call me saying they froze my credit card because, "there was an odd charge of $6 at (the bar/place where i play ball hockey)". I said, "that was a beer i bought after the hockey game", the guy responded "Oh ok, usually the charges are higher there so it looked suspicious". I don't know if I should thank them or yell at them for chirping me for having only one beer.