Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Administrator

Default Re: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Here is my random thought...

Where do people find the time to hate on others? Just seems like everyone is so interested in knowing what other people are doing / saying so that they can criticize / mock / humiliate that I have to wonder what they do for pleasure and when would they find time to relax.

Sorry, just had to say it aloud. Been that kind of day.
    The hate speaks more about the offenders than it does about their targets. It's because they're not happy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Last night I had a 5on5 ball hockey game and we lost to a team that won the top division last yr (every team is in one division then they split them up) and we were penalized often for the other team for having no balance. Honestly, they fell the second you would touch them, but they weren?t diving just not strong on their feet. But we lost and on the way to the change room?s one of their guys made a comment like, ?they?d never make it in A division haha?. Which I quickly chimed back a chirp.

But do people really take what division they are in, in a sport they pay to play in, seriously? Like I couldn?t care less what division I?m in as long as it?s competitive.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

It's so annoying when you sit in a computer chair and it decides to slide over a few feet, forcing you to re-adjust before you can start working.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's so annoying when you sit in a computer chair and it decides to slide over a few feet, forcing you to re-adjust before you can start working.
    omg that sucks so much. Or when the wheels don't reset, so when you reset it just slowly rolls back
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

I had another random thought today...

What would happen if we all just stopped keeping track of time??? I'm serious, how messed up would that be in this society where deadlines matter, kids have practice and games, work begins at, and life marches to the incessant beat of a grandfather clock's second hand?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I had another random thought today...

What would happen if we all just stopped keeping track of time??? I'm serious, how messed up would that be in this society where deadlines matter, kids have practice and games, work begins at, and life marches to the incessant beat of a grandfather clock's second hand?
    Fun fact: There is no experiment you can do to prove that time exists.

Also, at work some people were discussing the temperature dropping as you go up hill and I chimed in with (from memory) 'it drops about 1C per 500ft in elevation you gain'. They looked at me like I was weird.
    Point of fact, I subsequently googled it and it is actually about 0.97C per five hundred feet, so yeah, weird - but pretty damn accurate.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Jedi

anyone else work in an office and wonder if someone will walk in with a weapon? There's a section of my office that works directly with the public and some volatile clients at times. With the 'fear-mongering' around the world today, real or perceived, how long before learning how to deal with a live shooter entering your workplace becomes mandatory staff training?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6R7Z53KkkU[video]

anyone else ever wonder if it could happen where you work?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    anyone else work in an office and wonder if someone will walk in with a weapon? There's a section of my office that works directly with the public and some volatile clients at times. With the 'fear-mongering' around the world today, real or perceived, how long before learning how to deal with a live shooter entering your workplace becomes mandatory staff training?

Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

luca put the / inside the brackets of the ending ''video'' bracket (like this: /video)

For a Youtube video, it will showcase the opening image like a jpeg when embedded rather than display it as a url by default
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6R7Z53KkkU[video]

anyone else ever wonder if it could happen where you work?
    lol i use to think this when i was working at walmart. there were some interesting people to say the least that worked there on night shift. i remember there was one young guy who was very nerdy and always looked for everyone's approval. he would drive by in his truck and try and rev it and would look at us to see our reaction. one day he says to me "you know i was charged with aggravated assault?" then goes on to say that the only reason he got the job at walmart was because he changed his name legally and was laughing because walmart has a rule that you have to have a clean criminal record in order to work there. he lasted about a month then got fired because he skipped too many days at work without calling in. Felt bad for the guy really he seemed messed up...but at the same time i never trusted being around him.

Once there was almost a fight after work. One was a cousin of mine and the other dude was a friend of mine. There were rumors being circulated that they both were talking crap about eachother then they kept hearing about it, then the dude confronted my cousin and said "DO YOU WANT TO FIGHT AND GET IT OVER WITH?" then my cousin didn't say anything, walked to me and said "HE JUST CHALLENGED ME TO A FIGHT! IM GOING TO REPORT THIS RIGHT NOW AND GET HIM FIRED". It got reported but the dude never got fired and they both became friends afterward lol. 2 years working there i got lots of stories haha. can just go on and on.

Dobber Sports Monster

was just listening to one of Joe Rogan's podcasts and they were talking about suicide and Joe's guest said "if youre trapped in your mind and youre starting to feel that way, go do something physical. get in your body, out of your mind" thought that was a great quote

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    was just listening to one of Joe Rogan's podcasts and they were talking about suicide and Joe's guest said "if youre trapped in your mind and youre starting to feel that way, go do something physical. get in your body, out of your mind" thought that was a great quote
    Living in your head is the worst because you're shut off from everything around you. Had that happen to me yesterday when I was picking up a couple things at the mall. Didn't feel social at all. Just wanted to get these things done and leave. Then I go to MMA training last night and I was on fire. Feeling even better this morning.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Living in your head is the worst because you're shut off from everything around you. Had that happen to me yesterday when I was picking up a couple things at the mall. Didn't feel social at all. Just wanted to get these things done and leave. Then I go to MMA training last night and I was on fire. Feeling even better this morning.
    yep the worst thing that you can do. i've run into lots of people lately that look shocked when they see me because i hardly went anywhere for the longest time and didn't want to socialize. didn't feel the same when i kept doing that. that's why sometimes even tho there is a good hockey game on and theres a baseball game at the field ill go to the field and get out and be with people instead of just sticking around at home all the time.

Administrator

Why does everyone have to preface their opinion with something like "I own this player and..." or "I own that player so..."? It should be enough to just state your opinion!

The Great One

I do it so that everyone knows my opinion is biased.