Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    another dude from poker, an older gentleman added me (which i regret accepting but hes a friend of my dad) and he kept bombing every status id make. if i made a status about hockey or something he would be going on there and getting mad about the blue jays and commenting on no matter what i posted... like really
    I had this hard rule i never added people from work to FB. then i got cornered one day and had like 6 people all come up to me and ask me why i hadn't added them, but did this one woman at work (she's my age and understands FB, thats why). So i ended up adding them all. I got a month into it and had to set a group up in my settings to restrict everything i have and that's now everyone at my work. They dont see anythign i post, no pictures, statuses, and they can't talk to me at all, nothing. The last straw was when someone posted a drug related comment on a picture of mine (Jamaica pic, "Go smoke a J" or something along those lines). I couldn't believe someone would think that's appropriate. Seems to go over that generations head what's appropriate for online talk.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I had this hard rule i never added people from work to FB. then i got cornered one day and had like 6 people all come up to me and ask me why i hadn't added them, but did this one woman at work (she's my age and understands FB, thats why). So i ended up adding them all. I got a month into it and had to set a group up in my settings to restrict everything i have and that's now everyone at my work. They dont see anythign i post, no pictures, statuses, and they can't talk to me at all, nothing. The last straw was when someone posted a drug related comment on a picture of mine (Jamaica pic, "Go smoke a J" or something along those lines). I couldn't believe someone would think that's appropriate. Seems to go over that generations head what's appropriate for online talk.
    when i was working at walmart i met the creepiest dude ever. He always talked to me at work and I would BS with him back and forth just not to be rude or anything, then he kept telling me to add him on facebook and asked me like 5 or 6 times about it. I kept saying "AH I DONT LOOK At FACEBOOK MUCH" (which is a bs lie lol). He ended up quitting and i haven't seen him since, i blocked him just in case he tried to add me. one day i was getting off of work and i gave him a ride down the street from walmart and he kept saying "C MON BRO ILL SHOW U A PICTURE OF MY GIRLFRIEND SHES ****IN HOT" i was thinking in my head "MAN I DONT GOT TIME FOR THIS BS" then just said "man im too tired"

for a long time he would go on and on how hes talking to some gorgeous lady who owns a hair salon in mexico but is originally from russia but can't afford to move up here to live with him unless he sent her $1600 or something. i told him its a scam that what 30 year old gorgeous russian is living in mexico who OWNS a business cant aford to come up here and move to live with you c mon man. he didnt believe me and sure enough she he SENT the money and she didnt come up to see him.

oh man that reminds me of the two elderly people who worked night shift with me, they fell for one of those nigerian lottery scams where u have to send them money in order to collect the winnings. one day they said "TODAY IS THE DAY THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IS BRINGING US OUR MONEY". People tried to tell them this is a common scam but they didn't believe it, apparently they sent about $3000 in about 6-8 month period. the lady said she was going to open up a business and lend one of the guys from maintenance a million dollars to catch up on some bills.

i sure met some interesting people on night shift....

Dobber Sports Titan

when i was working at walmart i met the creepiest dude ever. He always talked to me at work and I would BS with him back and forth just not to be rude or anything, then he kept telling me to add him on facebook and asked me like 5 or 6 times about it. I kept saying "AH I DONT LOOK At FACEBOOK MUCH" (which is a bs lie lol). He ended up quitting and i haven't seen him since, i blocked him just in case he tried to add me. one day i was getting off of work and i gave him a ride down the street from walmart and he kept saying "C MON BRO ILL SHOW U A PICTURE OF MY GIRLFRIEND SHES ****IN HOT" i was thinking in my head "MAN I DONT GOT TIME FOR THIS BS" then just said "man im too tired"

for a long time he would go on and on how hes talking to some gorgeous lady who owns a hair salon in mexico but is originally from russia but can't afford to move up here to live with him unless he sent her $1600 or something. i told him its a scam that what 30 year old gorgeous russian is living in mexico who OWNS a business cant aford to come up here and move to live with you c mon man. he didnt believe me and sure enough she he SENT the money and she didnt come up to see him.

oh man that reminds me of the two elderly people who worked night shift with me, they fell for one of those nigerian lottery scams where u have to send them money in order to collect the winnings.
    one day they said "TODAY IS THE DAY THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IS BRINGING US OUR MONEY". People tried to tell them this is a common scam but they didn't believe it, apparently they sent about $3000 in about 6-8 month period. the lady said she was going to open up a business and lend one of the guys from maintenance a million dollars to catch up on some bills.

i sure met some interesting people on night shift....
    Someone called my grandmother and said it was me and i was in jail and needed $1,000 to get out right now. Except she doesnt have online banking thank god and she called my mom to take her to the bank right now. My mom took her none the wiser and when granny was up at the front teller asking the person to send money to this email address the teller signaled my mom over and was like, "teach her about scams".

I couldn't help but ask because this is the grandmother who calls me and tells me theres a scam going around about water heaters so watch out. Bless her heart but she should have known.

Scams are built for old people. No one else is that trusting/ignorant/or down right not knowledgeable on the subject (anything online).

Dobber Sports Genius

Does anyone see the resemblance or is it just me??

Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Monster

Carey Price's mom is up for election today to be Chief of the Anahim Lake Indian Reserve. She was Chief in the past as well but not for a number of years. Have met and talked to both of his parents and they are very nice people. I hope she wins

Dobber Sports Monster

anyone know much about Redman chewing tobacco? I use to chew that stuff in 2009 but quit in 2010. Is this stuff bad for you? i see some people say there are no warnings on the label that says it can cause cancer but what do you guys think

Dobber Sports Ninja

anyone know much about Redman chewing tobacco? I use to chew that stuff in 2009 but quit in 2010. Is this stuff bad for you? i see some people say there are no warnings on the label that says it can cause cancer but what do you guys think
    Yes it is horrible for you.

Administrator

Do you see warning labels on cans of Pepsi? Not everything that is horrible for you is labeled as such.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Do you see warning labels on cans of Pepsi? Not everything that is horrible for you is labeled as such.
    Stop talking about my ex...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Stop talking about my ex...
    You dated a can of Pepsi? Umm, congrats?

Dobber Sports Titan

Tim: "It can't cause cancer, it doesnt have a label saying it can"

2014OG:

Dobber Sports Master

You dated a can of Pepsi? Umm, congrats?
    What we had was real and magical, and I will thank you not to judge.

Well, I guess it started off light and sweet and bubbly, but over time her effervesce started to fade and eventually things grew stale. By the end she felt empty inside and I was left with a sad, almost 'post-sugar-rush' feeling.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Well, I guess it started off light and sweet and bubbly, but over time her effervesce started to fade and eventually things grew stale. By the end she felt empty inside and I was left with a sad, almost 'post-sugar-rush' feeling.
    So you mean things fizzled out

Dobber Sports Master

Well yes, if you want to be trite about it.

I can't help but think that some early relationship drama that really shook her up hastened the decline...
    /S

Victoria DH

Dobber Sports Titan

Not everything needs a label.....i dont do well under pressure.......these are all (Canadian) dry......