Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Random thoughts

Ahhhh, what better thread to share my morning commute story!

So I'm driving to work this morning. Stuck in traffic. I take a glance at the car besides me. The driver (guy) is almost knuckle deep in his left nostril. Seriously, Lara Croft or Indiana Jones had nothing on this cave explorer.

I turn in disgust and focus on moving up a couple of inches. Stopped again. Guy is still digging for treasure.

Move up again. I turn back and he's still digging. I wait a bit and hope that he turns to look at me and realize what he's doing but no luck.

Turn back to face the road and move up another few inches. About 20-30 seconds has passed in this whole ordeal.

I look back at him one last time and I see him pull out the most disgusting super-sized booger I have ever seen. It was more long that wide, but still uber-gross!!

At this point, curiosity overcame disgust so I kept looking, hoping he wouldn't put it in his mouth (but secretly wanting him to). He began rolling it up... classic thumb and index maneuver. At this point, I expect him to lower his window and gracefully remove the goo-ball from his fingers. Well he didn't... the dude just made a miniature snot patty and ate it as if it was a small jujube!!!

Needless to say, my planned order at McD's this morning before I got to work was to include a McMuffin with sausage, a hash brown (maybe supersize to get 2) and a coffee... I ended up ordering just a small black coffee as I couldn't get the ''patty eating incident'' out of my head. Now, 2.5 hours later... I'm still not in the mood for food!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

So where I work it can be super dusty and grimy depending on my job for the day, meaning my nose can get awfully boogery and black. I blow my nose a bunch before leaving on those days, but sometimes you don?t get it all and you?re stuck with a black booger in your nose. When that happens I just wait till I get home to farms spit it out.

Well on this particular day I was going right from work (Hamilton) to a cottage (Muskoka) which is about a 2.5hr drive. About 30min in, I get the booger flapping from my nose breathing. AND THIS ANNOYS THE CRAP OUT OF ME. So I find a napkin to try and blow it out, no luck. I now wrap it around my finger and stick it up there to just ?eff it, it needs out?. I get it, pull it out stuck to the napkin, I fold it up and leave it in the cupholder to throw out later. I look to my left. A car full of young ladies (roughly my age at the time) are all peeing themselves laughing at me. Well I speed off. Except if everyone knows the commutes to a cottage you hit traffic, and cars find their way back to you. I was beside this car of girls for the whole trip to the cottage (2hrs!!!). I?m talking even side streets. Turns out they were 3 cottages down from us and I was getting ripped on the whole weekend.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Play that Song - by Train is possibly the most egregious auditory offence released since Rebecca Black put out Friday.

It comes on the radio a couple of times a day and I am starting to run out of places to hide the bodies from the ensuing rage.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Play that Song - by Train is possibly the most egregious auditory offence released since Rebecca Black put out Friday.

It comes on the radio a couple of times a day and I am starting to run out of places to hide the bodies from the ensuing rage.
    I agree, what an insipid heap of mediocrity. It lacks the depth or complexity needed to be referred to as pointless and vapid.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Giant

I agree, what an insipid heap of mediocrity. It lacks the depth or complexity needed to be referred to as pointless and vapid.
    Wait what?? Lol did you just quote yourself 30 mins later and agree with your previous statement using ''smarter words''? That is as random as it comes Loch! You chose the right thread to share ''this'' with us!

Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    So where I work it can be super dusty and grimy depending on my job for the day, meaning my nose can get awfully boogery and black. I blow my nose a bunch before leaving on those days, but sometimes you don?t get it all and you?re stuck with a black booger in your nose. When that happens I just wait till I get home to farms spit it out.

Well on this particular day I was going right from work (Hamilton) to a cottage (Muskoka) which is about a 2.5hr drive. About 30min in, I get the booger flapping from my nose breathing. AND THIS ANNOYS THE CRAP OUT OF ME. So I find a napkin to try and blow it out, no luck. I now wrap it around my finger and stick it up there to just ?eff it, it needs out?. I get it, pull it out stuck to the napkin, I fold it up and leave it in the cupholder to throw out later. I look to my left. A car full of young ladies (roughly my age at the time) are all peeing themselves laughing at me. Well I speed off. Except if everyone knows the commutes to a cottage you hit traffic, and cars find their way back to you. I was beside this car of girls for the whole trip to the cottage (2hrs!!!). I?m talking even side streets. Turns out they were 3 cottages down from us and I was getting ripped on the whole weekend.
    Hahah awesome!!! You'll always be known as the ''bogger guy'' to them! They will drive past your cottage later on with their kids and tell them the story of the ''boogerman'' and his creepy antics

Minors:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Ahhhh, what better thread to share my morning commute story!

So I'm driving to work this morning. Stuck in traffic. I take a glance at the car besides me. The driver (guy) is almost knuckle deep in his left nostril. Seriously, Lara Croft or Indiana Jones had nothing on this cave explorer.

I turn in disgust and focus on moving up a couple of inches. Stopped again. Guy is still digging for treasure.

Move up again. I turn back and he's still digging. I wait a bit and hope that he turns to look at me and realize what he's doing but no luck.

Turn back to face the road and move up another few inches. About 20-30 seconds has passed in this whole ordeal.

I look back at him one last time and I see him pull out the most disgusting super-sized booger I have ever seen. It was more long that wide, but still uber-gross!!

At this point, curiosity overcame disgust so I kept looking, hoping he wouldn't put it in his mouth (but secretly wanting him to). He began rolling it up... classic thumb and index maneuver. At this point, I expect him to lower his window and gracefully remove the goo-ball from his fingers. Well he didn't... the dude just made a miniature snot patty and ate it as if it was a small jujube!!!

Needless to say, my planned order at McD's this morning before I got to work was to include a McMuffin with sausage, a hash brown (maybe supersize to get 2) and a coffee... I ended up ordering just a small black coffee as I couldn't get the ''patty eating incident'' out of my head. Now, 2.5 hours later... I'm still not in the mood for food!
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Monster

So I got this guy on my facebook who i been friend with for the past couple months, to be honest he seems like a fairly weird individual....met him through playing poker with him at the local pool hall. we chop it up at poker where there is the fair amount of people i wouldn't hang out with outside of this place but i still bs with most people. This dude is CONSTANTLY sending me these daily messages that read "Roses are red, pepsi cans are blue, youre crazy as hell, thats why i like you! Youre my buddy, my kick ass friend, if i dont get this back i wont bother again. Give this to all your kick ass friends and if you get 5 back then youre a good friend...." like WTF! to be honest i cant stand them stupid chain messages and this dude keeps sending me them on the DAILY....he is a friend but man i just got to know this dude but man he is creeping me out .... dam

like once he told me "I TAUGHT THIS ONE GUY TO BREAK SOMEONE'S ARM ... HE BROKE SOMEONES ARM THEN I GOT TONNES OF RESPECT FROM EVERYONE OVER IT" like c'mon man wtf

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    So I got this guy on my facebook who i been friend with for the past couple months, to be honest he seems like a fairly weird individual....met him through playing poker with him at the local pool hall. we chop it up at poker where there is the fair amount of people i wouldn't hang out with outside of this place but i still bs with most people. This dude is CONSTANTLY sending me these daily messages that read "Roses are red, pepsi cans are blue, youre crazy as hell, thats why i like you! Youre my buddy, my kick ass friend, if i dont get this back i wont bother again. Give this to all your kick ass friends and if you get 5 back then youre a good friend...." like WTF! to be honest i cant stand them stupid chain messages and this dude keeps sending me them on the DAILY....he is a friend but man i just got to know this dude but man he is creeping me out .... dam

like once he told me "I TAUGHT THIS ONE GUY TO BREAK SOMEONE'S ARM ... HE BROKE SOMEONES ARM THEN I GOT TONNES OF RESPECT FROM EVERYONE OVER IT" like c'mon man wtf
    Moral of story. Don't pick up "friends" at local pool halls. Check your FB settings and put this guy on ignore list or ignore posts list.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Moral of story. Don't pick up "friends" at local pool halls. Check your FB settings and put this guy on ignore list or ignore posts list.
    another dude from poker, an older gentleman added me (which i regret accepting but hes a friend of my dad) and he kept bombing every status id make. if i made a status about hockey or something he would be going on there and getting mad about the blue jays and commenting on no matter what i posted... like really

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    another dude from poker, an older gentleman added me (which i regret accepting but hes a friend of my dad) and he kept bombing every status id make. if i made a status about hockey or something he would be going on there and getting mad about the blue jays and commenting on no matter what i posted... like really
    Alright already, I'll stop posting on your status updates.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Alright already, I'll stop posting on your status updates.
    LOL good one Comish

Dobber Sports Ace

How long until this forum gets its newest member and Ottawa Senators die hard fan, Hillbilly Jim?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    you usually pick up things other than friends at pool halls, things that require pills and doctor visits.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    How long until this forum gets its newest member and Ottawa Senators die hard fan, Hillbilly Jim?
    Hacksaw Jim Dugan. Definitely Hack saw.