Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Random thoughts

I am having fun figuring out how to spend my share of the $55M prize from Friday's Lotto Max. I'm pretty sure I'll win. I'd be one of those guys who says I would keep my job...lol, no I wouldn't. Those people need to think bigger. Start a company, do charity stuff and feel good about using your money to do something fun. Be the boss of something fun. I'd open a small business selling small houses only to people under 5'2". Big ideas can come from small minds. My new motivational poster idea.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I am having fun figuring out how to spend my share of the $55M prize from Friday's Lotto Max. I'm pretty sure I'll win. I'd be one of those guys who says I would keep my job...lol, no I wouldn't. Those people need to think bigger. Start a company, do charity stuff and feel good about using your money to do something fun. Be the boss of something fun. I'd open a small business selling small houses only to people under 5'2". Big ideas can come from small minds. My new motivational poster idea.
    I'd buy a nice big house in the middle of nowhere and chill out for awhile. Then I would travel and go to hockey games. I'd do some investing but wouldn't start a business personally. If you win just buy me a car ... i dont ask for much

Dobber Sports Titan

Stuff I’d buy in this order:
    Cottage, Toys for the cottage, House, fun car (Nissan GTR)

I would need to keep my job (too young to retire and have fun with the money), but think I’d be just working till I think of what to do. Maybe invest in one of my friends who are carpenters/electricians/plumbers and what not. I dunno.

Get toys would be what I’d do. Then travel
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

would you say drinking a little over half of a 375 bottle of 40% vodka in 2 hours is lots? thats wat i just did .... im notused to drinking that much

wat

i better stop before id rink this whole thing. Stolichnaya 40% vodka 374 ml. $16.00 FOR THE BOTTLE ..... going to be sober for my draft tomorrow. $100 pts league. bring my A game.

.... I'll tell YOU when I've had enough ... ha ha

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

I would need to keep my job (too young to retire and have fun with the money)
    $55 million wouldn't be enough for you to retire? Jesus Christ!

Invested conservatively, this amount would spit out over a million dollars every year, forever. You don't think you could live an amazing life on $1,000,000/year? Or that somehow your employment earnings would be enough to move the needle to something more satisfactory?

I must be missing something...

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    $55 million wouldn't be enough for you to retire? Jesus Christ! Invested conservatively, this amount would spit out over $1,000,000 every year, forever... I must be missing something.
    more than enough to retire. no waste time working. no need to live too lavishly. be conservative and buy cheap alcohol and you;ll be fine

btw if you win I will gladly become your financial adviser. i'll charge a one time flat fee of $1,000,000. Consider that a bargain discount! haha .... ah ..... CALL ME

Dobber Sports Ace

Are waffles basically just pancakes with abs?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    would you say drinking a little over half of a 375 bottle of 40% vodka in 2 hours is lots? thats wat i just did .... im notused to drinking that much

wat

i better stop before id rink this whole thing. Stolichnaya 40% vodka 374 ml. $16.00 FOR THE BOTTLE ..... going to be sober for my draft tomorrow. $100 pts league. bring my A game.

.... I'll tell YOU when I've had enough ... ha ha

Half a pint in two hours? I'd say you should speed up a bit if you want to catch a buzz.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Half a pint in two hours? I'd say you should speed up a bit if you want to catch a buzz.
    lol that gives me a pretty good buzz. Am a cheap drunk ... but I tend to stop at 4 or 5 now a days :P

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    $55 million wouldn't be enough for you to retire? Jesus Christ!

Invested conservatively, this amount would spit out over a million dollars every year, forever. You don't think you could live an amazing life on $1,000,000/year? Or that somehow your employment earnings would be enough to move the needle to something more satisfactory?

I must be missing something...
    I should say I could retire, but at mid-20s, getting the stuff I want, I wouldn’t have the savings I’d personally want to help my (future) kids through school and stuff.

Plus it’s 55mill over x number of yrs, or lets say 25 straight up. I’d take 25mill straight up. Then it’s taxed I’m guessing, so it gets low pretty quickly (low is a relative term)

Dobber Sports Master

just when my eyes start adjusting to driving to work in the dark good ol' daylight savings time throws a wrench into that .

I'll enjoy that extra hr of sleep though sunday morning

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    just when my eyes start adjusting to driving to work in the dark good ol' daylight savings time throws a wrench into that .

I'll enjoy that extra hr of sleep though sunday morning
    DST ends November 5th. Unless youre in Atikokan or Pickle Lake Ontario (No DST)

The Magnificent One

So wait - $55M is considered huge in Canada? That's a down week for powerball here in the states. I used to buy a ticket if the jackpot got to be $100M. Then that happened too often, so I upped it to $200M. Then the ticket price doubled, so now I only dabble if it's $400M.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    So wait - $55M is considered huge in Canada? That's a down week for powerball here in the states. I used to buy a ticket if the jackpot got to be $100M. Then that happened too often, so I upped it to $200M. Then the ticket price doubled, so now I only dabble if it's $400M.
    Canada has less people paying the idiot tax ;-)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    DST ends November 5th. Unless youre in Atikokan or Pickle Lake Ontario (No DST)
    yup , but its been dark at my commute time for around a week now and when nov 5th comes its going to be light again for another few weeks which buggers me up and is a ''random thought''