Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 438

Thread: Random thoughts

  1. #1
    Location
    Here
    Rep Power
    21

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Random thoughts

    Surprised I couldn't find a thread like this in the lounge.

    That damn "ideal body weight" thread has got my craving Doritos Sweet Chili Heat now.

  2. #2
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    That same thread is motivating me to step up my game even more!


    Send me a PM if you have any issues or requests for Frozen Pool!


    UHL Calgary Flames
    24-team H2H Roto Dynasty (G, A, GWG, SHP, PPP, PIM, +/, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, SV, SV%, GAA, SO)

    Eastern Edge article archive

    Find me on Twitter for questions and chatter @DH_EricDaoust.

  3. #3
    Location
    Here
    Rep Power
    21

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    Oh yeah, I'm not giving into the craving. Just gonna be clenching my fists for a few minutes.

  4. #4
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    If prisoners and Dementors were the only things that occupied Azkaban, does that mean Dementors were the chefs? Did they clean up too? Was there a maintenance crew of Dementors? Was one an electrician, one a millwright, and one a general maintenance guy?
    10Team, H2H, 7Keepers
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 4OF, Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P, 3BN, 2DL
    C: Grandal
    1B: Rizzo
    2B: DJ LeMahieau
    3B: Donaldson
    SS: Difo (2B,SS)
    CI: Thames (1B, OF)
    MI: Jose Ramirez (3B, MI, OF)
    OF(4): Bellinger (1B,OF), Judge, Conforto, Polanco,
    Util: Carpenter (1B, 2B, 3B)
    BN:Schwarber (C,OF)
    SP(5): Darvish, Arrieta, Archer, Tanaka, Lester, Stroman, Hamels
    RP (2): Chapman, Hwan Oh, Doolittle, Madson
    P(2): "From Above"
    DL: Correa, Melancon (RP)

  5. #5
    Location
    Here
    Rep Power
    21

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If prisoners and Dementors were the only things that occupied Azkaban, does that mean Dementors were the chefs? Did they clean up too? Was there a maintenance crew of Dementors? Was one an electrician, one a millwright, and one a general maintenance guy?

    I like the direction you're talking by this even if I have less than zero understanding about this particular post.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Edit - I like the direction you're taking this -

    - - - Updated - - -

    Edit - I like the direction you're taking this -

  6. #6
    Bass56's Avatar
    Bass56 is online now
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,578
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Guru

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If prisoners and Dementors were the only things that occupied Azkaban, does that mean Dementors were the chefs? Did they clean up too? Was there a maintenance crew of Dementors? Was one an electrician, one a millwright, and one a general maintenance guy?


    Keeper league 16 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 15 minors; Championships 2009-10, 2013-14)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-PIM-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO
    Free Agent draft picks: 1.12, 2.3, 3.11, 3.12, 4.3, 4.12

    C- Crosby, Pavelski, Toews, Spezza, Dvorak
    W- Benn, Voracek, Forsberg, Okposo, Sheary, Burakovsky, Zacha
    D- Carlson, Yandle, Provorov
    G- Price, Smith, Hellebuyck, Greiss, Halak

    Minors:
    F: N.Schmaltz, Beauvillier, McLeod, Milano, Hawryluk, Merkley, Senyshyn, Necas, Yamamoto
    D: Pulock, Montour, Lindell, Juolevi
    G: Martin, Taylor

  7. #7
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    5,075
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    49

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    Random thought... If you believe Jesus rose from the dead... Does that, by definition, make him the first recorded zombie?

  8. #8
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Random thought... If you believe Jesus rose from the dead... Does that, by definition, make him the first recorded zombie?
    Would a vampire be a cousin of a zombie?
    10Team, H2H, 7Keepers
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 4OF, Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P, 3BN, 2DL
    C: Grandal
    1B: Rizzo
    2B: DJ LeMahieau
    3B: Donaldson
    SS: Difo (2B,SS)
    CI: Thames (1B, OF)
    MI: Jose Ramirez (3B, MI, OF)
    OF(4): Bellinger (1B,OF), Judge, Conforto, Polanco,
    Util: Carpenter (1B, 2B, 3B)
    BN:Schwarber (C,OF)
    SP(5): Darvish, Arrieta, Archer, Tanaka, Lester, Stroman, Hamels
    RP (2): Chapman, Hwan Oh, Doolittle, Madson
    P(2): "From Above"
    DL: Correa, Melancon (RP)

  9. #9
    Bass56's Avatar
    Bass56 is online now
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,578
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Guru

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Would a vampire be a cousin of a zombie?
    I would say no as a zombie is a ''walking dead'' monster whereas a vampire is an ''undead'' monster. Also, a vampire can be made by another vampire but it can also be born a vampire. A zombie can only be made by another zombie. Frankenstein would be a closer cousin to a zombie IMO.

    Wait... what the??!!?


    Keeper league 16 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 15 minors; Championships 2009-10, 2013-14)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-PIM-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO
    Free Agent draft picks: 1.12, 2.3, 3.11, 3.12, 4.3, 4.12

    C- Crosby, Pavelski, Toews, Spezza, Dvorak
    W- Benn, Voracek, Forsberg, Okposo, Sheary, Burakovsky, Zacha
    D- Carlson, Yandle, Provorov
    G- Price, Smith, Hellebuyck, Greiss, Halak

    Minors:
    F: N.Schmaltz, Beauvillier, McLeod, Milano, Hawryluk, Merkley, Senyshyn, Necas, Yamamoto
    D: Pulock, Montour, Lindell, Juolevi
    G: Martin, Taylor

  10. #10
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    See I would think Frankenstein (the monster not the scientist) is a brother to the Zombie, maybe Vampires are second cousins then.

    Jesus is the second cousin of Dracula? So would Frankenstein the Monster be 3rd cousins to Jesus? But if we?re all Gods sons/daughters then wouldn?t Frankenstein be Jesus?s brother/sister?

    Frankenstein = bits of people
    Frankenstein = Brother of Zombie
    Brother = Parent?s other Kid
    Frankenstein = Parent?s Siblings of Zombie

    Jesus = God Son
    People = God?s children.
    People = Jesus?s Siblings
    Frankenstein = Bits of Jesus?s Siblings

    Bits of Jesus?s Siblings= Parent?s Siblings of Zombies
    Can remove Siblings because it?s on both sides of the equation
    Bits of Jesus=Parents of Zombies
    Bits of Jesus = Bread
    Bread = Parents of Zombies!!!

    OMG GLUTEN CAUSES ZOMBIES
    10Team, H2H, 7Keepers
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 4OF, Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P, 3BN, 2DL
    C: Grandal
    1B: Rizzo
    2B: DJ LeMahieau
    3B: Donaldson
    SS: Difo (2B,SS)
    CI: Thames (1B, OF)
    MI: Jose Ramirez (3B, MI, OF)
    OF(4): Bellinger (1B,OF), Judge, Conforto, Polanco,
    Util: Carpenter (1B, 2B, 3B)
    BN:Schwarber (C,OF)
    SP(5): Darvish, Arrieta, Archer, Tanaka, Lester, Stroman, Hamels
    RP (2): Chapman, Hwan Oh, Doolittle, Madson
    P(2): "From Above"
    DL: Correa, Melancon (RP)

  11. #11
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    5,075
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    49

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    I think Frankenstein is more of a first attempt at cloning. No?

    I didn't know Vampires could be born outside of Twighlight...

    I had no idea my comment would digress this thread into this... EPIC!

  12. #12
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think Frankenstein is more of a first attempt at cloning. No?

    I didn't know Vampires could be born outside of Twighlight...

    I had no idea my comment would digress this thread into this... EPIC!
    Cloning is reproducing the same cells tho as something else right? This would be like an attempt at artificial life then maybe? First self-sufficient organic robot?
    10Team, H2H, 7Keepers
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 4OF, Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P, 3BN, 2DL
    C: Grandal
    1B: Rizzo
    2B: DJ LeMahieau
    3B: Donaldson
    SS: Difo (2B,SS)
    CI: Thames (1B, OF)
    MI: Jose Ramirez (3B, MI, OF)
    OF(4): Bellinger (1B,OF), Judge, Conforto, Polanco,
    Util: Carpenter (1B, 2B, 3B)
    BN:Schwarber (C,OF)
    SP(5): Darvish, Arrieta, Archer, Tanaka, Lester, Stroman, Hamels
    RP (2): Chapman, Hwan Oh, Doolittle, Madson
    P(2): "From Above"
    DL: Correa, Melancon (RP)

  13. #13
    Loch's Avatar
    Loch is online now
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,951
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Icon

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    Somewhere derek reese's spider-sense is tingling....

    Incidentally, I have a new approach to dealing with vegan/vegetarian acquaintances who bust out the preachy 'meat is murder' line: "Sorry, you're preaching to the wrong person, I'm still pissed that cannibalism is illegal" #ChildrenAreVeal
    /S

    ~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

    Victoria DH
    C(3): Toews, Johnson, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Henrique, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Toffoli, Callahan, Palmieri
    F(3): Bouma, B. Boyle, Roussell
    D(6): Doughty, Larsson, Bieksa, Vlasic, Franson, Stoner
    G(1): Talbot, Luongo
    Bench:, Nesterov (D), Schelmko (D)

    Prospects(10): Bjorkstrand, De La Rose, N. Rod, Dvorak
    Lehkonen, Hagg, Lindell, Oesterle, Sorokin

  14. #14
    Bass56's Avatar
    Bass56 is online now
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,578
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Guru

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    See I would think Frankenstein (the monster not the scientist) is a brother to the Zombie, maybe Vampires are second cousins then.

    Jesus is the second cousin of Dracula? So would Frankenstein the Monster be 3rd cousins to Jesus? But if we?re all Gods sons/daughters then wouldn?t Frankenstein be Jesus?s brother/sister?

    Frankenstein = bits of people
    Frankenstein = Brother of Zombie
    Brother = Parent?s other Kid
    Frankenstein = Parent?s Siblings of Zombie

    Jesus = God Son
    People = God?s children.
    People = Jesus?s Siblings
    Frankenstein = Bits of Jesus?s Siblings

    Bits of Jesus?s Siblings= Parent?s Siblings of Zombies
    Can remove Siblings because it?s on both sides of the equation
    Bits of Jesus=Parents of Zombies
    Bits of Jesus = Bread
    Bread = Parents of Zombies!!!

    OMG GLUTEN CAUSES ZOMBIES




    Keeper league 16 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 15 minors; Championships 2009-10, 2013-14)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-PIM-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO
    Free Agent draft picks: 1.12, 2.3, 3.11, 3.12, 4.3, 4.12

    C- Crosby, Pavelski, Toews, Spezza, Dvorak
    W- Benn, Voracek, Forsberg, Okposo, Sheary, Burakovsky, Zacha
    D- Carlson, Yandle, Provorov
    G- Price, Smith, Hellebuyck, Greiss, Halak

    Minors:
    F: N.Schmaltz, Beauvillier, McLeod, Milano, Hawryluk, Merkley, Senyshyn, Necas, Yamamoto
    D: Pulock, Montour, Lindell, Juolevi
    G: Martin, Taylor

  15. #15
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    5,075
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    49

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: Random thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Somewhere derek reese's spider-sense is tingling....

    Incidentally, I have a new approach to dealing with vegan/vegetarian acquaintances who bust out the preachy 'meat is murder' line: "Sorry, you're preaching to the wrong person, I'm still pissed that cannibalism is illegal" #ChildrenAreVeal
    I saw this on a t-shirt once... Vegetarian Definition = Village Idiot - can't hunt, can't fish, can't make fire.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •