Thread: Hellebuyck dropped to waivers in keeper league - pick him up?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Hellebuyck dropped to waivers in keeper league - pick him up?

Hey all, would appreciate some input. So I'm in a 12 team keeper league (keep 8), and someone just dropped Hellebyuck on waivers. I have number 1 priority. Would you use it on him?

I would have to drop a player in order to do so, plus I already have 3 viable goalies: Gibson, Anderson, Bishop. But my thought is I could either keep Hellebuyck or move him later in the season for value to a goalie starved team.

Would probably drop one of: Bennett, Zibanejad, Marchessault, Klefbom, or Zaitsev to do this (Klefbom and Zaitsev are merely filling injury spots).

thoughts?
    12 Team Keeper - H2H - Keep 8
    G, A, PPP, SOG, PIMS, Hits, Blocks

2 C: Mackinnon, Malkin, Couturier, Hughes, Hischier
    2 LW:, E. Kane, Bertuzzi, Ritchie
    2 RW: Fiala, Suzuki, Arvidsson
    4 D: Theodore, Ristolainen, Chychrun, DeAngelo, Morissey, Grzelcyk

2G: Anderson, Hart, Sorokin [W, GAA, SV%, SHO]

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Hellebuyck dropped to waivers in keeper league - pick him up?

I don't think I'd waste the #1 overall waiver priority on him.

If no one else wastes a waiver claim for him, then I would drop Zaitsev for him and like you said, look to move him later.

In a 12 team, start 2 league, goalies won't be in high demand, and Helleybuck hasn't done anything to boost his stock right now. You'd have to find a team with few goaltending options in a rebuild for him to have any value to them.

- - - Updated - - -

If no one else wastes a waiver claim for him, then I would drop Zaitsev for him and like you said, look to move him later.

In a 12 team, start 2 league, goalies won't be in high demand, and Helleybuck hasn't done anything to boost his stock right now. You'd have to find a team with few goaltending options in a rebuild for him to have any value to them.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I second this.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Padawan

The down side to have a nice complete roster in a 12team keeper --> you have no room to take chances like this, haha

If your league counted SV instead of SO, I would say do it. The volume goalie stats are always worth going for. In your setup though I think you should sit on what you have.

The Great One

In a limited keeper I leave him there... Full keeper it's a different story. Though i appreciate the appeal of flipping him to a team starved of a goalie I'm not sure he will regain enough value the rest of the season (especially if Pavelec keeps winning) to garner that return

- - - Updated - - -

In a limited keeper I leave him there... Full keeper it's a different story. Though i appreciate the appeal of flipping him to a team starved of a goalie I'm not sure he will regain enough value the rest of the season (especially if Pavelec keeps winning) to garner that return
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In a keep 8, I want to keep that waiver position in case something really enticing comes along, unless this is by far the best player you've seen come on waivers.

If this was dynasty or close to it, I'd tell you to grab him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.