Thread: Hawks looking at Wings duo

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Hawks looking at Wings duo

Hmm...

Report: Blackhawks have 'sniffed around' Red Wings' Nyquist, Tatar
    http://www.thescore.com/news/1214006

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Hawks looking at Wings duo

I'm debating in dropping Coreau for Nyquist. Would Nquist become fantasy relevant playing for the Hawks?

Dobber Sports Sage

Nyqvist has been awful for two years but you have to think if he is dealt to CHI and lines up with Toews he is going to be relevant again. Not sure I would drop a useful asset for him at this point, its still just the usual speculation that goes on this time of year.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Hmm...

Report: Blackhawks have 'sniffed around' Red Wings' Nyquist, Tatar
    http://www.thescore.com/news/1214006
    It's a shame the year the Wings finally drop off and it's considered a weak draft. I would hope they can get more than 2nd round pick for either of these guys who showed so much potential at one point....but have been killed by Blashill.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Sniffing is all they would get for a 2nd.

The Great One

How would that work with the cap though? My first thoughts Would be surprised that they would or could add those types of contracts whilst only giving up a second?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sage

The Hawks have room to add a sizeable contract at the deadline for the rest of this season (a little over 5 M) and that is without moving any money. But when the season concludes and Panarin's contract and Campbell's bonuses kicks in for 2018, the Hawks would have to move a major contract if they acquire more than a rental this season. This is in addition to Kruger who is definitely gone after the season.

So if they acquire some big contract (Duchene or Nyquist), either Seabrook, Hammer, or even Crawford would be moved in the offseason. At least that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

The Hawks have room to add a sizeable contract at the deadline for the rest of this season (a little over 5 M) and that is without moving any money. But when the season concludes and Panarin's contract and Campbell's bonuses kicks in for 2018, the Hawks would have to move a major contract if they acquire more than a rental this season. This is in addition to Kruger who is definitely gone after the season.

So if they acquire some big contract (Duchene or Nyquist), either Seabrook, Hammer, or even Crawford would be moved in the offseason. At least that makes sense.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post

Chicago has $4.6M as potential performance bonuses according to CapFriendly. They can move those to next year if they want to but they also can get rid of them this season if they leave enough cap space. It might be best for them to not add any salary this season so that they're not completely ****ed next season.

Of course that wouldn't stop them from making moves this season but they would just have to send some salary back instead of just adding it. If for example they could send Kruger+ to Detroit for Tatar, then that wouldn't create any real issues for next season. I think Tatar is more likely than Nyquist because of their salaries and the fact that Tatar is RFA after this season.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Chicago has $4.6M as potential performance bonuses according to CapFriendly. They can move those to next year if they want to but they also can get rid of them this season if they leave enough cap space. It might be best for them to not add any salary this season so that they're not completely ****ed next season
    I agree with this.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    It's a shame the year the Wings finally drop off and it's considered a weak draft. I would hope they can get more than 2nd round pick for either of these guys who showed so much potential at one point....but have been killed by Blashill.
    Crazy to think, the guy that pumped them up in the A... has killed them in the N.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Is Blashill really to blame, or is it just the Wings are finally showing their true colors as a franchise? They are getting older and have re-signed guys time and time again that probably didn't deserve to be re-signed. They were known for years for finding diamonds in the rough at the draft table and when was the last time the Wings drafted someone outside the 1st round that has come up through the system and become relevant in the NHL? Their drafting hasn't produced anything special in ages. There are a few but none really special. Darren Helm was a 5th round pick and made it. Mrazek was a 5th round pick. Nyquist was a 4th round pick and probably their best mid round pick and ages.

Here's their draft history.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/t...r00005492.html

I think it's more about bad management and not finding the right pieces to put on the ice as it is questionable coaching.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Blashill really to blame, or is it just the Wings are finally showing their true colors as a franchise? They are getting older and have re-signed guys time and time again that probably didn't deserve to be re-signed. They were known for years for finding diamonds in the rough at the draft table and when was the last time the Wings drafted someone outside the 1st round that has come up through the system and become relevant in the NHL? Their drafting hasn't produced anything special in ages. There are a few but none really special. Darren Helm was a 5th round pick and made it. Mrazek was a 5th round pick. Nyquist was a 4th round pick and probably their best mid round pick and ages.

Here's their draft history.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00005492.html

I think it's more about bad management and not finding the right pieces to put on the ice as it is questionable coaching.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I just don't see the personnel on their roster to be a top team. I don't think it's on Blashill.

No elite scoring forward (Nielsen was their all star representative...) and a below average group of dmen. Not surprised they're not looking like a playoff team.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't see the personnel on their roster to be a top team. I don't think it's on Blashill.

No elite scoring forward (Nielsen was their all star representative...) and a below average group of dmen. Not surprised they're not looking like a playoff team.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year