Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yahoo fantasy baseball opens on January 26th

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Yahoo fantasy baseball opens on January 26th

Haha, we'll manage HR! Maybe we can bring in a few new guys to spice up the baseball forum too
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Maybe I’ll find that diamond in the rough (O-Rank in the 500s). Last yr I called Liriano my super long shot to be a great flyer. Didn’t really work out too good. 2yrs ago, Carlos Martinez. Still proud of that pick. Might be my best advice I’ve ever given.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I?ll find that diamond in the rough (O-Rank in the 500s). Last yr I called Liriano my super long shot to be a great flyer. Didn?t really work out too good. 2yrs ago, Carlos Martinez. Still proud of that pick. Might be my best advice I?ve ever given.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Mejia the catcher for the Indians could be a bit of a steal. He seems ready to make the jump, and if Yan Gomes isn't up to the responsibilities defensively, Mejia could see a lot of games.
    Shot in the dark for those looking at the 1000+ O-ranks.

- - - Updated - - -

Mejia the catcher for the Indians could be a bit of a steal. He seems ready to make the jump, and if Yan Gomes isn't up to the responsibilities defensively, Mejia could see a lot of games.
    Shot in the dark for those looking at the 1000+ O-ranks.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Alright here goes....of interest to me sleeper wise...

C

Ramos at 18 even in Tampa...seems very low.
    McCann at 10 seems like he could have a big year in that lineup

1B
    Abreu at 9 is low for me....he struggled to start last year but was great in the latter 60%

2B
    Kipnis at 12...doubt he'll be worse with EE and Brantley

3B

I think Bregman and Franco are low.
    Late option at a few positions is Jedd Gyorko. 30 HR last year.

SS
    Diaz at 13? I'll wait for that all day

OF

Harper/Springer - I get the hype.....but I need to see a full season of top play before I spend a high pick on them.
    10 - Cruz - way too high for me....ahead of Pollock....CMON MAN
    42 - Brantley
    95 - Souza
    97 - A. Dickerson

SP

20 - Cole - I will stay away
    22 - Hamels - guy is money every year
    68 - Pomeranz - I know he struggled in Boston but that's REALLY low
    79 - Cotton - great finish
    91 - Musgrove - see above

There are a plethora of 2nd year guys who could boom or bust....after last year there is no way I can have any confidence though.

Dobber Sports Titan

If the Rays don’t bring someone in, Nick Franklin is a good pick for a bench spot. With no one else really at 2B for the Rays, he and Tim Beckham might platoon, and Franklin get the RHP. With a ADP of like 520, he’s an easy last round pick type of guy, and with a bunch of starts across a bunch of positions, Yahoo! has him available for all positions. Guy last yr had some pop with 12HR, and stole 6 bags (7 attempts) in 191 plate appearances. Could get a double double in the upper teens (maybe 20/20) and for the draft price that’s solid, and with the positions he plays, and potential to get some runs depending where he hits, could be a solid last round pick.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Rays don?t bring someone in, Nick Franklin is a good pick for a bench spot. With no one else really at 2B for the Rays, he and Tim Beckham might platoon, and Franklin get the RHP. With a ADP of like 520, he?s an easy last round pick type of guy, and with a bunch of starts across a bunch of positions, Yahoo! has him available for all positions. Guy last yr had some pop with 12HR, and stole 6 bags (7 attempts) in 191 plate appearances. Could get a double double in the upper teens (maybe 20/20) and for the draft price that?s solid, and with the positions he plays, and potential to get some runs depending where he hits, could be a solid last round pick.

Dobber Sports Titan

Clint Frazier (OF NYY) is a solid stash pick, he’ll crush balls to RF constantly.
    Moncada (2B,3B CWS) is going to have high name weight based on the Sale Trade, and you know, he’s great
    Jharel Cotton (P OA) could be the 5th starter in their rotation. But there aren’t many kids who come in and instantly become a great SP, but he’s got a great FB and solid changeup and isn’t afraid to use the changeup.

- - - Updated - - -

Clint Frazier (OF NYY) is a solid stash pick, he?ll crush balls to RF constantly.
    Moncada (2B,3B CWS) is going to have high name weight based on the Sale Trade, and you know, he?s great
    Jharel Cotton (P OA) could be the 5th starter in their rotation. But there aren?t many kids who come in and instantly become a great SP, but he?s got a great FB and solid changeup and isn?t afraid to use the changeup.

Dobber Sports Titan

Noticing Alex Gordon way down at 812. Do we think there is a reason for that? Or should he still be a serviceable guy for the coming season?

- - - Updated - - -

Noticing Alex Gordon way down at 812. Do we think there is a reason for that? Or should he still be a serviceable guy for the coming season?

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm curious as well. Looking at the overall numbers (all I can rely on) is that he's had two seasons where he's missed a significant number of games with moderate/slightly declining numbers overall (per game). Respectable numbers in 2014 but he's 32 years old now and not running as much as he used to, and not hitting for as much power (relative to peers, given increased HRs last year overall). Those who are better with underlying numbers and see him play will be able to help more, but I wonder if he's just a bench filler at best at this stage (in 12 team leagues). If he can improve his average then maybe he'll be a sneaky late pickup. I wouldn't be surprised when Yahoo does it's usual ranking re-shuffle that he'll be moved back up, perhaps into the 200s or so. I play in 20 team leagues with OPS so if available I might grab him in the mid to later rounds hoping for a small bounce back.

Dobber Sports Titan

Hunter Renfroe. Pure Slugger. 13/35, 4HR (3Dbls), 14RBIs last yr with the Padres.
    Melky Man is always a safe OF4 late pick who will get you OF3 production.
    Jason Heyward with his ADP, will be a nice buy because you usually drop those guys in that range if they don’t do well.
    Holliday in Yankee stadium, high end power for low end cost
    David Peralta could have a bounce back as he dominates RHP
    Alex Gordon had 220avg over 506PA, that’s why he’s so low. Could be a bounce back guy
    Greg Bird (Yankees 1B). He crushed 2015 when he was up, injured all 2016, and no Teixeira this yr.
    If Gardner and Ellsbury get hurt/traded, Aaron Hicks would be my quick pick up. He has the defensive skills to stay in the lineup and shows flashes of skill with the bat and steals.

- - - Updated - - -

Hunter Renfroe. Pure Slugger. 13/35, 4HR (3Dbls), 14RBIs last yr with the Padres.
    Melky Man is always a safe OF4 late pick who will get you OF3 production.
    Jason Heyward with his ADP, will be a nice buy because you usually drop those guys in that range if they don?t do well.
    Holliday in Yankee stadium, high end power for low end cost
    David Peralta could have a bounce back as he dominates RHP
    Alex Gordon had 220avg over 506PA, that?s why he?s so low. Could be a bounce back guy
    Greg Bird (Yankees 1B). He crushed 2015 when he was up, injured all 2016, and no Teixeira this yr.
    If Gardner and Ellsbury get hurt/traded, Aaron Hicks would be my quick pick up. He has the defensive skills to stay in the lineup and shows flashes of skill with the bat and steals.

Dobber Sports Titan

Gordon is my stopgap LF in my 20 team dynasty until Brantley is healthy. So I'm hoping for a tiny bounceback to start.